trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless she thinks of pens as a weapon if needed, her fear of being without one means something. But what?

Perhaps she would be able to draw her crappy artwork or sneak out coded messages to whomever thru other inmates.

Eta...i do not want to say anything about the real elephant in the room...or. In her pants.

The amount of days the DT has taken with their witnesses shows the Law of Attraction doesn't work. Ugh....I'll be scanning the threads looking for confirmation of JM starting cross. I can't take this woman blathering on and on on direct any more.

the defense case has been seriously overdone, IMO. every witness has been on the stand too long. their direct of JA was painfully long, repetitive and dull. the 'story' they rehearsed was very obvious to me, complete with buzzwords ('linebacker', 'body slam' 'mortal terror', etc.).

the state's case took 9 days. the defense is desperate and it shows. plus, all this crap is cumulative----we've heard these stories over and over and over again.

i'm joining you in staying away until JM gets up there. i felt almost sick yesterday and i just can't do it again.

yep, 1 pm start, alv did say "night" . I dont know if its important, but as someone said she could have gone to the game and been home before "night".
This site is great btw!

Anyone remember when JA's birthday is? IIRC it is earlier in July. I am wondering if TA did something nice/sweet for her birthday and she intimated she would return the favor which explains why he called her (if he did) and "guilted" her into leaving the baseball game etc.

I already posted that her birthday is July 9

Travis' was July 28

The amount of men on this jury really worries me. Men (so-called "nice guys" in particular) have a tendency to put women on pedestals as if they are delicate little flowers in need of rescue and protection. I'm reminded of that one male defense lawyer idiot on HLN, who described Travis's words on the sex tape as offensive and degrading to ALL women, as if he knows how ALL women think about certain types of sex talk.

I'd be much more comfortable with an all female jury, because for better or for worse women are more likely to think the worst of other women. This phenomena was seen in the Amanda Knox case. Her biggest defenders were men and her biggest haters were women. There were even polls done to confirm this.

The original jury that convicted Amanda Knox consisted of 3 men and 3 women (in addition to two professional magistrates). The appeals jury that overturned the conviction consisted of 5 women and 1 man, in addition to two professional magistrates. So it was a majority female jury that let her go.

KCL has believed for a long time now that the male jurors are over JA. She is not at all worried about them, or any jurors.

If Arias hadn't taken such extreme measures to sneak in and out of Arizona undetected, with no proof she had been there, it would be easier for any given juror to buy her story of self-defense. But there is too much evidence of premeditation to support anything but a guilty verdict. The timestamped photos, short timeline, Travis' last texts to her, and the stolen gun put JA in too deep a hole to crawl out of, no matter how sympathetic male jurors may be to women or how much junk science/trashing the victim the defense may throw against the wall. Jmho.

My jaw dropped to the floor when my husband said he thought JA was good looking as a blonde. Despite everything he's heard during the trial, he still thinks it. :what:

Is that abuse? I should make an appt with ALV. :floorlaugh:

I dunno I think she was rather pretty as a blond....better with her natural hair color. NOW though........nooooooo.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I was in a foggy, sleepy state when AV was talking about the law of attraction. She said according to that law a person would want to stay in an abusive relationship, ignore the bad qualities and focus on the good. Um no.

Based on that law a person would leave the abuser (you don't want more BAD stuff in your life now do ya?), perhaps pray for him to get help and try and find someone who is really good, positive and has 'good vibes'.

Anyone remember when JA's birthday is? IIRC it is earlier in July. I am wondering if TA did something nice/sweet for her birthday and she intimated she would return the favor which explains why he called her (if he did) and "guilted" her into leaving the baseball game etc.

July 9, 1980

She knows what she is talking about when it comes to a genuinely abusive relationship, at least she did thirty years ago.

WHERE IS THE ABUSE IN THIS CASE?

Where is any evidence of a threat to Arias' life - either verbal or physical?

She can sit up there and dance with Wilmott, spinning and weaving the meaning of texts, emails and journals until the cows come home.

There is nothing that suggests Arias should have reason to fear for her life on June 4th!

Where is the abuse? She's been describing it hour after hour on the stand. <modsnip>

One thing she is bringing out is how abuse can really mess up your mind. Another thing she is bringing out is how it escalates. Another thing is how the victim becomes hopeful and then forgets in periods between abuse, so that puts the victim on the most reinforcing schedule known to man, variable reinforcement. That's the schedule that slot machines use to keep people putting their quarters in.

I don't understand why people say this is 30 year old knowledge and then don't see the application in this case.

But, I think so far that this will only work to maybe mitigate the sentence--no dp, or second degree. There are other facters working in that direction, too.

IMO

ALV left off in the journal yesterday at Nov. 07 iirc. So far the journal "articles" have been recited as truth, but when we get to "pedo day" Jan. 21-22 all a sudden the absence of any mention of finding Travis pleasuring himself over a little boy's pic will somehow be cited as proof that it happened using the Law of Attraction schtick. Nothing in her journal/texts about finger-breaking either. Ditto no repeated, frantic calls from TA to JA as her journal contends. The hogwash ALV/JW fed the jury so far will pale in comparison to what's coming today and tomorrow, leaving jurors both disgusted and angry at the insult to their intelligence. moo

ITA. The journal "article" thing is a joke. When JA mentions disappointment with Travis, that's an indication of abuse. When JA says nothing about the relationship, well, that indicates abuse too because she doesn't want to write anything negative.

The easiest thing to do is rationalize behavior. You can always make up something that might be plausible. But that's precisely Jodi's history and pattern. I've lost all respect for ALV, because she either knows her evaluation is based on JA's lies and has chosen to ignore it (which makes her dishonest), or JA has put one over on her (making her incompetent). :banghead:

I disagree. This woman knows what she's talking about. She's giving a lot of detail about the dynamics of an abusive relationship. I'm surprised this is not resonating with more women here. I'm thinking that women still can not recognize abuse which is why it is still so rampant.

But, like she says, the abuser masks the behavior until the relationship is somewhat established, then the victim, rather than recognizing a red flag, makes excuses for it, and the die is cast.

If one woman on the jury was in an abusive relationship, or witnessed one, they will know what she is talking about.

IMO

I guess I'm just slow. I had an abusive relationship with a man when I was in my 20's. He broke my windshield screaming at me while I sat in my car at a restaurant by opening and bashing my door shut & pounding on my car.

I dumped him. He terrorized and stalked me to the point of police involvement. He would call my phone and leave foul, obscene messages until the tape was full (Yes--I'm old! 43), then he would call and call and call making the phone ring incessantly. When I would leave my apartment, I'd see his car.

He even started calling my boss, telling him what a wh@re I was, etc. I got physically sick--I'm 5'9" and in my 20's I weighed 130lbs--I was a size 4. I lost 20lbs during this stalking & terrorism--I dropped to size 0.

He made it seem that there was no escape from him. But then I got freaking mad. I called the police, an officer came over & listened to my tapes. Then he called the guy at work (and it turns out he wasn't "divorced" like he told me he was--he was married with a small child). The cop told him to either leave me alone, or he would personally arrest him at work or at home in front of his wife.

I was lucky that the threat of arrest was enough for this guy & also that I was able to move from Dallas to Houston. But I was not going to just sit around and let him terrorize me. I got an awesome dog & a handgun. I was fully ready to shoot him if he broke into my apartment.

Moral of the story??

I think every single thing ALV spews is garbage. She completely negates anything she says by saying all victims are women and all perps are men. Both sexes are capable of being a psycho, terrorizing menace. She is absurd.

I didn't accept my abuser's actions for one single second. Not all women are helpless, senseless, powerless waifs. Some of us fight back. JMO

What if - Jodi snuck into the house and Travis was asleep, she got on his computer to check some things out and maybe saw an email about the videos, maybe a link and on it went ? What if she went up to his bedroom and she was the one to have sex with him while he was asleep, as she accused him of doing to her ?

Given the defendent's nature, which has been well presented during this case, would this really be beyond her sneaking, evil ways ?

I honestly don't know what to think about this issue at all when considering Travis' email to her on 26 May 2008. By the same token, I put nothing past this evil thing.

Point well taken, but in my experience, he would have woken up at some point. I have never slept through something like that myself. :blushing:

the defense case has been seriously overdone, IMO. every witness has been on the stand too long. their direct of JA was painfully long, repetitive and dull. the 'story' they rehearsed was very obvious to me, complete with buzzwords ('linebacker', 'body slam' 'mortal terror', etc.).

the state's case took 9 days. the defense is desperate and it shows. plus, all this crap is cumulative----we've heard these stories over and over and over again.

i'm joining you in staying away until JM gets up there. i felt almost sick yesterday and i just can't do it again.

I agree with you completely. There is a legal objection called "cumulative", but since this is an expert, they can get away with it. I imagine the jury is bored out of their minds with this nonsense, and also awaiting JM's cross. Another major problem is the constant sidebars. They are mostly due to Willmot's inability to phrase a proper question and the judge's inability to instantly rule on an objection. It ain't that hard. I've read this is Stephens' first DP case. I think this is jury abuse.

I think she was at the game when Travis called or texted telling her that his plans for the day/evening had fallen through and asking her what she was up to. I think she just decided on the spot to drop her plans and her "friends" and high tail it back to Mesa to spend the day with him before he had the chance to come up with another plan.

I'd love to hear Rachel's take on what happened that day.

MOO

ALV's office reports that they are still implementing their upgrade from Pony Express to telegraph.

None of those new-fangled singing telegrams yet, mind you, just the paper version.

Exemplar for your 'edification':

TELEGRAM_zps79e2f90b.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics