trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point well taken, but in my experience, he would have woken up at some point. I have never slept through something like that myself. :blushing:

Sometimes it is just easier to appease someone than to pursue a confrontation...then move on.

You answered far more diplomatically than my husband. His answer when asked if there came a point when someone was too crazy to have sex with was "no".

I have friends that say...crazy in the head, crazy in bed.

Certainly rings true in the *advertiser censored*'s case.

the defense case has been seriously overdone, IMO. every witness has been on the stand too long. their direct of JA was painfully long, repetitive and dull. the 'story' they rehearsed was very obvious to me, complete with buzzwords ('linebacker', 'body slam' 'mortal terror', etc.).

the state's case took 9 days. the defense is desperate and it shows. plus, all this crap is cumulative----we've heard these stories over and over and over again.

i'm joining you in staying away until JM gets up there. i felt almost sick yesterday and i just can't do it again.

ALV testimony to me now is just obscene. I also am taking a break until JM gets up there. The defense has been an ad nauseum rehash of the same information over and over. I have never seen a court case like this one. The Judge has no control.

Don't hold your breath though.... IMO this woman is more of a narcissist than Jodi. Watch her every time she is asked a question- she turns to the Jury, gives one of those instant smiles, then launches into her speech and I'm sure she thinks they are fascinated by her insights.

Not to mention her need for bathroom breaks during testimony, she is also a clock watcher. Every half-hour or so her eyes dart to the back wall, at clock level.

I wonder if she is diabetic, or something.

ITA. The journal "article" thing is a joke. When JA mentions disappointment with Travis, that's an indication of abuse. When JA says nothing about the relationship, well, that indicates abuse too because she doesn't want to write anything negative.

The easiest thing to do is rationalize behavior. You can always make up something that might be plausible. But that's precisely Jodi's history and pattern. I've lost all respect for ALV, because she either knows her evaluation is based on JA's lies and has chosen to ignore it (which makes her dishonest), or JA has put one over on her (making her incompetent). :banghead:

WTF is up with Willmott chirping about "journal articles?" Is she trying to disguise the garbage and lies that make up Jodi's Journal into sounding like peer reviewed professional journal articles? It never stops with this DT, does it?

Did any of my fellow websleuthers see the tapes of Jodi's Mom and Dad being interviewed by the detectives on Dr Drew last night? And your thoughts?

A couple of the talking heads have said that the dismissal of a juror is a serious appellate issue.

I was in a foggy, sleepy state when AV was talking about the law of attraction. She said according to that law a person would want to stay in an abusive relationship, ignore the bad qualities and focus on the good. Um no.

Based on that law a person would leave the abuser (you don't want more BAD stuff in your life now do ya?), perhaps pray for him to get help and try and find someone who is really good, positive and has 'good vibes'.

Only JA and her team could twist something soooooooooo simple.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Did any of my fellow websleuthers see the tapes of Jodi's Mom and Dad being interviewed by the detectives on Dr Drew last night? And your thoughts?

I saw that on Robin Meade this morning and neither of them seem surprised that she did this, IIRC.

I only caught part of the mom's. I wish HLN would show the entire tapes instead of the ALV nonsense.

Not to mention her need for bathroom breaks during testimony, she is also a clock watcher. Every half-hour or so her eyes dart to the back wall, at clock level.

I wonder if she is diabetic, or something.

I think she checks the clock so she can calculate how much $$$$ she has "earned" so far.

I am hoping JM brings in Jodi's imaginary >> "BESTFRIEND" Rachael in for rebuttal. One of the reason's JA gave for moving to Mesa after the breakup was that plans were already in the works and she already had a roomate. Well that's a lie because Rachael kicked her out after a week or so. I don't believe that Rachael told her that she and TA need to go talk to the bishop either. I think this girl was a friend of Travis's, not jodi so much. We will see. Just a thought.

And yesterday ALV messed up her testimony about Jodi waking up with TA having vaginal sex with her. I might be wrong, but I don't remember Jodi stopping him.Then she said TA pushed JA's head down to have oral sex with him instead? That's not the way I remember it. Anyone else? I thought she said he was sleepy and it might have been sleep sex, or something like that.

Connecting this crime with ANY religion is just so offensive IMO, not unlike playing the infamous race card in other trials.

It doesn't matter if Travis was religious or not, whether he was a flirt (oh the horror!) or not, if he was seeing 2 women at the same time or 20.

He did NOT deserve to be slaughtered as he was by an obsessive, psychopathic, liar by the name of JA.

Heaven help her next victim if she is sentenced to anything less than LWOP.

IMO, Religion is an aspect of this crime in two ways. It played a large part and influence in Travis' life and Jodi saw that it could be used as a way to "blackmail" him. The stern implications and punishment for fornication in Travis' religion were used against him by Jodi. I'm not bashing this religion at all but I do wonder, what if this Religions approach in dealing with this sin had been less about judgement and punishment, would Jodi have been able to wield the power over Travis like she had?

As a sociopath, Jodi doesn't experience or view sex like normal people. She sees it as nothing but a tool to be used and she used it to control Travis. She wasn't the least bit embarrassed when Det. Flores told her about the photos recovered from the card found in the camera.

She didn't display any emotion when he showed her the photo of her in pig tails. And, when she was on the stand talking about her sexual history with Travis, when the sex tape was played and the naked photos of her were put on the screen for everyone to see Jodi's reactions seemed artificial.

The male friend of hers who went on one of the shows said that he was the one who told Jodi to use her hair to "hide" when the tape was played. Jodi appeared to cry but her body language didn't support those artificial tears.

Forgetting for a moment the nature of the Q&A and so on, I wonder how JD will come across to the jurors. There are not a lot of senior citizens on the jury IIRC, and there is an impression that RS (certainly) and ALV (possibly) are stuck in 1980 to some extent. I expect JM will get JD to make the point that at least Samuels may have been great in his day, but that was a generation ago and he hasn't kept up to date. The same is true to some extent with ALV.

I think Dr. DeMarte will come across very well, especially after ALV and RS. I think she'll focus on what Jodi did, not guesses about how she supposedly felt. For instance, ALV talked at length about the June 07 break-up and then skipped to Jodi leaving the July AZ Diamondback game to run home and bake TA a cake. Nothing at all about what drove JA to relocate to Mesa without housing or employment. I hope Dr. DeMarte fills in a lot of blanks about what Jodi did and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member