trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of my fellow websleuthers see the tapes of Jodi's Mom and Dad being interviewed by the detectives on Dr Drew last night? And your thoughts?

Yes. Mixed feelings throughout about the parents. I think their interviews support an escalating violent Jodi. I'm distraught tha they did nothing when they said not one, but *multiple* friends called them and pleaded to get her help and they stood by and did nothing. Not blaming, but it does show a very dysfunctional family For Travis's sake I wishe they had heeded the warnings they received. Maybe if they had done an intervention there might be a differen outcome to this tragedy. And now her mom wears a #1 Mom pendant to court. The dysfunctional manipulation in that family is very strong.

To hear them report that she flips out on them an flips from sweet to rage is very sad to hear. Many say they are surprised Jodi was capable of this - and yet both parents described a person who they implied was *very* capable of this rage before it ever happened. Sad...all very sad.

Did any of my fellow websleuthers see the tapes of Jodi's Mom and Dad being interviewed by the detectives on Dr Drew last night? And your thoughts?

To paraphrase the lying torture-murderess, they clearly knew "that there was just something "off" with that girl."

The dad even offers up that JA and TA had been getting along so well!

IMO, Religion is an aspect of this crime in two ways. It played a large part and influence in Travis' life and Jodi saw that it could be used as a way to "blackmail" him. The stern implications and punishment for fornication in Travis' religion were used against him by Jodi. I'm not bashing this religion at all but I do wonder, what if this Religions approach in dealing with this sin had been less about judgement and punishment, would Jodi have been able to wield the power over Travis like she had?

As a sociopath, Jodi doesn't experience or view sex like normal people. She sees it as nothing but a tool to be used and she used it to control Travis. She wasn't the least bit embarrassed when Det. Flores told her about the photos recovered from the card found in the camera.

She didn't display any emotion when he showed her the photo of her in pig tails. And, when she was on the stand talking about her sexual history with Travis, when the sex tape was played and the naked photos of her were put on the screen for everyone to see Jodi's reactions seemed artificial.

The male friend of hers who went on one of the shows said that he was the one who told Jodi to use her hair to "hide" when the tape was played. Jodi appeared to cry but her body language didn't support those artificial tears.

Whenever LaV brings up the "power differential" between JA and TA I think about this sex and religion conflict. IMO JA definitely held the power in the sex department. She had the experience and she knew she could tempt TA with her sexuality. She also knew she could use the secret of their sex as power to hold over him in terms of revealing it to bishops or future potential dates of TA's. I hope JM asks LaV who held the power in the sex department.

I'm able to write a review for her book. It's not blanked out for me.

You should write a review that is so over-the-top positive that people bash your review. Work in things about how dated her theories are, how she is incredibly talented for basing her opinions on hearsay and conjecture, etc.

That would be funny.

For me, it often seems ALV is masking JA behavior, rather than recognizing the red flags, and is making excuses for her.

She is also a paid witness, who has only heard one side of a story. If she had spoken personally with the Hughes, Abe, and all of the women she can give her 'impressions' on, I might consider her more credible, but at this point she is ASSUMING quite a bit. jmo

My impession is also that she is terribly gender-biased which seems to be clouding her objectivity. If the shoe was on the other foot would she have the same impressions and conclusions? Would she think Travis was abused?

You are describing a very extreme case. Did you ever wonder why abused women will stay for 20 plus years with men who abuse them? You got out quickly, why didn't they?

Because there are different types of abuse, most escalate slowly, and there is something called boiling the frog. There are also other circumstances that don't apply here, such as children. Most men [or women] are not obviously abusive at the beginning of the relationship.

It has nothing to do with being helpless, senseless, or waifs. Now you are really showing a lack of respect for women who have suffered for years, or a lack of understanding.

IMO

Please, they were barely together for 5 months! They were physically separated by 1000 miles.

Travis didn't want her around. She refused to leave him alone. She was/is a stalker and abuser and cold-blooded killer.

I think she was at the game when Travis called or texted telling her that his plans for the day/evening had fallen through and asking her what she was up to. I think she just decided on the spot to drop her plans and her "friends" and high tail it back to Mesa to spend the day with him before he had the chance to come up with another plan.

I'd love to hear Rachel's take on what happened that day.

MOO

I have to admit anytime I hear or heard JA talk about something TA said on a phone call, I'm skeptical. Unless it was on speaker phone and this Rachel comes forward to say she heard it, I ain't biting.

Yeah--I think ALV should keep her "expert opinion" out of my religion and God. I'm Catholic, so I really resent the "Patriarchal Terrorism" BS she spouts through her buck teeth. It's beyond offensive to me. She needs to stick to watching all the trial testimony, reading JA's diaries and text messages and regurgitating the whole putrid mess on the stand.

I keep waiting for Andrea Lyons to show up and give a boohoo for poor Jodi. Maybe she can be a mother figure like she was for KC.

BBM

They're home.

PostPartyCow_zps9c8ab118.jpg

It's time for her to stop now.

:rocker:Thank you!:floorlaugh:

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Juror5.pdf

Has this been posted yet? The reason #5 was removed.
No one watching via TV or streaming could possibly see a jurors face, so it had to be someone in the gallery. I bet it would be Donovan. How many more jurors are going to be dismissed this way?

WTF is up with Willmott chirping about "journal articles?" Is she trying to disguise the garbage and lies that make up Jodi's Journal into sounding like peer reviewed professional journal articles? It never stops with this DT, does it?

No doubt the use of the term "journal article" is purposeful. It's likely the product of some trial consultant that also came up with the DT "uniform clothing" idea and lowering JA's chair. No doubt JM will challenge ALV on allowing JW to use that term.

BBM. Because the only "application in this case" is based off of what a confirmed pathological liar has told someone. The only negative behavior that is independently corroborated is that Travis was perhaps a "cad." Was that boorish behavior abusive to Jodi? Well, again, we only have Jodi's words to make that evaluation, so...round and round we go.:twocents:

She's using other input as well--Travis email to Jodi, to other people, and to other women and videos, some other testimony from people who knew both. She is trained in recognizing patterns and there are plenty of them, here.

I'm sure she's seen more psychopaths in her 35 years than all of us put together. So one would think she would recognize one. She doesn't seem to think Jodi is a psychopath.

She knows her stuff. All I am saying is that this doesn't justify anything Jodi did, imo, but it might help mitigate the sentence. I have yet to see if she can justify self defense, but I doubt it given the crime scene.

IMO

Nothing ALV has said has been remotely relevant to this case. The defendant wasn't abused- the object of her obsession didn't give a ****. There's a difference.

Not a chance anyone on the jury will take this schillspert's testimony as gospel, even in the penalty phase.

Butchering a guy who just isn't that into you isn't a defense. To imply abuse in this case is ludicrous. TA was abused, not the defendant.

Where is the abuse? She's been describing it hour after hour on the stand. You haven't been listening?

One thing she is bringing out is how abuse can really mess up your mind. Another thing she is bringing out is how it escalates. Another thing is how the victim becomes hopeful and then forgets in periods between abuse, so that puts the victim on the most reinforcing schedule known to man, variable reinforcement. That's the schedule that slot machines use to keep people putting their quarters in.

I don't understand why people say this is 30 year old knowledge and then don't see the application in this case.

But, I think so far that this will only work to maybe mitigate the sentence--no dp, or second degree. There are other facters working in that direction, too.

IMO

I respectfully disagree. ALV is basing her assessment on the words of a murdered man and those of a liar/murderer. She is testifying that these words are fact and without the proper context. She has chosen to misconstrue words and apply them in the abuse theorem. She is being paid by the defense to mold her testimony to fit the abuse scenario. We are no longer talking generalities. Sometimes there is a higher price paid by those that chose to do so. JMV

Oh just wanted to get this off my chest. JW is actually using jodi's term "GUILTED HER", and it sounds like she swallowed a mouth full of helium when she gets to talking so fast :giggle:

JW is so inappropriate and unprofessional. Perhaps she should look at her own "misconduct" before she attacks JM.
At least he is not laughing with witnesses and acting prissy.

I've been scanning the posts and haven't seen this discussed, forgive me if I missed it. The AZ paper reported that in February someone called the Judge and complained of Juror #5 - said she appeared to be 'coaching' Jodie on what to answer. I know some of the trial watchers also said Juror #5 appeared to smile at Jodie and make eye contact ... how did she end up on the proscecution side. Why did Jodie want her off so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mctigue30