DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@WildAboutTrial

Court confirmed trial is on for tomorrow. #JodiArias

And so there should be!

I've been saying it for weeks on the sequence thread. If they think she used the knife first, that could be second degree. I think it's premeditated and she used the gun first, but the prosecution disagrees and that could be a problem for them. It just popped up the other night again on HLN--another hung jury on what weapon was used first.

Vinnie, I think, said, then that could be second degree if the jury believes the knife first.

IMO

I don't see how it could be 2nd degree murder with all of the wounding. With all of those stabbings plus the throat slashing and then the gunshot she had time to think about what she was doing. Plus the planning with the gas cans and traveling so far out of her way getting a rental car. She is just evil and I think the jury will find that when they make their decision.

She writes about trying to move beyond her ex. A year before she admits she shot and repeatedly stabbed him. I love him, I could not possibly love him not, though I wish i could stop.
Turn it off like a light switch. Duct tape it down so itan't turn back on or better yet, just cut the circuit. Cut off its life source.
Make it dead in a second. Lifeless. Prosecutors say that's exactly what she ended up doing.

Source:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-dismissed-juror-pushes-defense-mistrial-18868995

Does anyone find this wording in JA's diary disturbing. It made the hairs on my neck stand up. Duct tape??? check. Cut off its life source??? check. Lifeless??? check Make it dead in a second??? maybe 62 seconds, but yes. Maybe this has been discussed already, but I am amazed this was brought in.:what:

ABC News has obtained over 600 pages of the defendant's journal entries

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-dismissed-juror-pushes-defense-mistrial-18868995

Just finally getting home after traveling for 2 weeks and have missed a lot. Can anyone tell me if the entire parent interviews are available online somewhere? Thanks guys! :)
Hope u had fun!! Just the little clips are available so far.

I found a picture of the defense team's next group of expert witnesses. Seems like they are switching gears a bit and going with people more in tune with current theories and hypotheses...

images

IIRC, it was Travis's birthday, July 28th. She had gone to the game with friends and he called her at the game, wanting her to do something special with him for his birthday. ALV made it sound like it was a night game, not an afternoon game. She asked him to pick her up and he refused, so a friend had to drive her to his house. When she got there, she made him a birthday cake.

Like, you believe this story?

IKR, and like it was SUCH a sacrifice to go bake this cake for Travis??!! This is not abuse, and the mere mention of the episode is laughable!!!!!

I know plenty of people in their 60s who do email, text, internet, and smartphones. The only people around that age--and I am headed there soon--are those who just gave up on the technology of the past 20 years or so. Maybe they didn't need it for their jobs or to keep up with what are now adult children...?

:seeya:

I'm 63 and can't imagine not being able to use a computer and the internet. It's a brand new world for those of us who grew up without the modern wonders of technology. I consider myself a life-long learner and welcomed the opportunity to broaden my horizons.

She's using other input as well--Travis email to Jodi, to other people, and to other women and videos, some other testimony from people who knew both. She is trained in recognizing patterns and there are plenty of them, here.

I'm sure she's seen more psychopaths in her 35 years than all of us put together. So one would think she would recognize one. She doesn't seem to think Jodi is a psychopath.

She knows her stuff. All I am saying is that this doesn't justify anything Jodi did, imo, but it might help mitigate the sentence. I have yet to see if she can justify self defense, but I doubt it given the crime scene.

IMO

Respectfully, she is not the only person who has worked with persons with these issues for years. There are many of us on here and I'd venture to say none of us fall for JA chit and most of us know TA was the abused. I had some pretty fancy credentials my self, fancy job and a certified psychiatrist for a husband. This stuff she spouts is sheer lunacy.:moo::twocents: BTW, I'm retired and I keep up with my continuing education and I'm younger than ALV.

I could handle being around her as long as that stun belt is wrapped around whatever, but I would sure want the controller for it as well. Since you understand my twisted humor, you can imagine what would then take place...:floorlaugh:

Anyone remember on the tv show "Cheers" when Cliff wore a zapper belt and it kept going off? You can find it easily on youtube. So funny to imagine it happening to JA.:floorlaugh:

We need day 40 open please mods

@WildAboutTrial

Juan just arrived in Gray suit with blue tie and light blue shirt. He has his Bose wave radio and accordion file ready to go.

That's one thing I just don't get that the DT (specifically Wilmott) allows her to do. Rule number one to tell the client is DO NOT look at the jury unless you're on the witness stand. DO NOT glare at them, smile at them, stare at them or even acknowledge their presense other than when the enter and leave. DO NOT look angry, bored, asleep, humorous, etc., etc. no matter what is happening. DO NOT fidget, play with your clothes, your hair, your fingernails, etc., etc., and for heaven's sake do nothing that could possibly be construed as gross (don't pick your nose, scratch your butt, adjust your bra straps, pick your teeth, gargle or spill your water, etc. ALWAYS look humble and attentive, well groomed and appropriately dressed.

For some reason I can't fathom and have never seen before even in traffic court is the DT not paying one wit of attention to how Jodi acts, and Wilmott stares at the jury WITH Jodi while whispering to each other like school girls!!! Even brand new attorneys fresh out of the gate know all this and know how to secretly pinch or kick their client under the table to get them to knock off any inappropriate behavior and read them the riot act about it the second they're in private. And the DT KNOWS they're being FILMED for heaven's sake! Bad enough to act like this in some little county civil court that nobody knows nor cares about!

Watching Jodi watching the jury reminds me of a tomcat pissing on stuff to mark his territory. She is aggressive with her body language & the staring at each and every person as they enter & leave. She's creepy.

I don't see how it could be 2nd degree murder with all of the wounding. With all of those stabbings plus the throat slashing and then the gunshot she had time to think about what she was doing. Plus the planning with the gas cans and traveling so far out of her way getting a rental car. She is just evil and I think the jury will find that when they make their decision.

The difference between first and second is premeditation.

JM is going to have to really lean on premeditation in his rebuttal, as well as explain his theory of premeditation a little better, that is, why someone would steal a gun to kill her boyfriend with a knife.

IMO

How about more like: "I've been researching this and I think we should go with this "battered woman defense." So and so got off and so did so and so.

"But Jodi, there's no evidence of that."

"I can be battered if I want to. We're going with that. Let me get together some evidence which could be true and we'll meet with Wilma. I'm not going to put myself out there as crazy. We don't believe in that in my religion."

"Wilmott."

"Whatev. It's so deceptive. I like it."

I'm with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads