trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed it. What was he supposed to do on Christmas?!?

So Travis was ' not acknowledging his relationship with Jodi in a public way.' So what?

Is that a reason to slit his throat?

This is going to go on forever and ever and ever...........

I will never get the song "go ask Alice" out of my head....
oh well...just remember what the doormouse said

I hear you, but unfortunately there is a hearsay exception that applies here.

"Ariz. R. Evid. 703:
An expert may base an opinion on facts or data in the case that the expert has been made aware of or personally observed. If experts in the particular field would reasonably rely on those kinds of facts or data in forming an opinion on the subject, they need not be admissible for the opinion to be admitted. But if the facts or data would otherwise be inadmissible, the proponent of the opinion may disclose them to the jury only if their probative value in helping the jury evaluate the opinion substantially outweighs their prejudicial effect." [emphasis added by me].

So, even though the hearsay would not normally be admissible, it is under this rule if it was a basis for her opinion. :-(

So <mod snip> is sliding all this stuff into court under this exception and it will be up to JM to slice and dice all this stuff and turn on the garbage disposal in high gear.

Also the State could have their own expert sit there for house to dispute this expert.

But he didn't buy her a ring.... Waa

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

December 25, 2007

JA is with her family in Yreka.

JA calls Travis and he doesn't call her back. (JW calls it an "incident")
At the end of Christmas time, although money is tight TA goes out of his way to buy JA gifts such as a sweater and the book 1000 places to see before you die.

TA goes out of his way even though he is struggling financially at the time.

JA is looking at things differently in the relationship.

Why does it sound like Willmott has flip-flops on when she is walking??

She might be wearing orthotics (real ones, not the OTC kind). I do, and they make that sound sometimes depending on the shoe. Just sayin'.

JA seems drugged. Like she can't stay awake. Maybe she is just bored.

I can't help wondering what Jodi thinks about all the man-bashing that ALV does. Jodi loved men - for sex - and chased after anyone who would pay attention to her or sleep with her. JA had no female friends - just men. I would think that hearing ALV degrade every man alive must be difficult for Jodi, but who knows how her mind works?

Travis buys her some great gifts and tells her she's great on Christmas day. Pfft...Abuser!

objection relevance and scope.

don't care about your other patients Alyce

WHO THE F CARES about another client and how and why she felt the way she did.

We are talking about JODI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean before she dreamed up the lie....

No Alyce, it took her over a year to come up with a new story.

MOO

ALV has to give all these hypothetical I mean 'other' examples because they don't apply at all to JA! It's ridiculous.
:furious::furious::banghead::banghead:

December 25, 2007

JA is with her family in Yreka.

JA calls Travis and he doesn't call her back. (JW calls it an "incident")
At the end of Christmas time, although money is tight TA goes out of his way to buy JA gifts such as a sweater and the book 1000 places to see before you die.

TA goes out of his way even though he is struggling financially at the time.

JA is looking at things differently in the relationship.

If she was rational, she would of known that TA was celebrating with his own family. She was not his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams