trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we will get to JM's cross today. He has a big folder on his table, all set and ready to go.

Seeing Nurmi drink that was is awkward. Doesn't he usually drink soda or something else? He's choking down the water like its straight vodka.

<This isn't a bash of the DT, just an observation - like the way Arias drinks her water. Its strange>

I don't believe Juror#5 was "giving Jodi signals". I think it was just the opposite. I think Jodi and the DT were very worried about this juror and wanted her off the jury so someone called (maybe Donovan?) to try to get her kicked off.

To those who have been in this courtroom or in ANY courtroom for that matter...

Can you hear the conversations at the bench? At all?

Can Jodi hear them? Can the person on the stand hear them? Can the visitors hear them?

The judge looks pretty animated during this particular convo and I am wondering who can hear what?

You couldn't at my brother's murderer trial, and the courtroom was a lot smaller.

I believe that at some point what is inside begins to match what's out.
At first glance Jodi may have seemed attractive. But over time what and who she really is begins to match what she is on the inside. I always think of Dorian Grey.

The more I look at her the more she looks like the monster she is.

The pathological liar was going to keep her word. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

WS'ers... Have you seen this????

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...used-juror-already-in-hot-water#ixzz2PMoqTsZz

.. "In court records, we found a transcript of a phone call made to Judge Sherry Stephen’s division phone at 8:36 a.m. on February 23.

According to the transcript, the caller claims there are reports that the juror needs to be watched.
Very interesting! Thanks.

Does it work if I post the PDF link here?

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/Juror5.pdf

PDF Link works for me... I tested it, plus have Adobe.

I want JM to thoroughly decimate ALV's testimony just like he did with Dr. Samuels who was left with zero credibility. It won't matter to me how long it takes as long as the job gets done. The credibility of the DT's three "star" witnesses - Jodi, Dr. S and ALV - should be forever put to rest by the time that Juan is finished with his cross of the current witness. That's worth waiting for, isn't it?

He will. Juan is going to get her on her presumptions and let her know that it boils down to simple guessing! And he will show that her testimony is nothing more than "testiphony"! Same thing he did to Samuels.

How can Ms. LV prove these pages weren't torn out of JA's journal after she slaughtered Travis?

JA seems drugged. Like she can't stay awake. Maybe she is just bored.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

She's definitely drugged. When Wilmott was standing in front of her before court began, her (Jodi's) eyes were rolling around heavy-lidded, slowly looking from Wilmott over toward the judge, back to Wilmott, back to the judge and so forth, in a very slow, half-open way.

May I say that at this point, on my continuum, Alyce LaViolette has reached idiot status, professionally speaking. I sit in disbelief and horror at this dreck.

So Alyce what do you make of this journal page? "Travis was an :censored:"

:tsktsk:

How does all this ALV fabrication not open the door to various sorts of evidence from JM?
"TA would not show JA any affection in public" - Tape at the friend's house laying on his lap looking bored while he talks about a gun in his face.
"Seeds of jealousy" and related behaviors - Tire slashing. Call it 'vandalism of his property' to not use the word 'slashing'.
"Snuck into her house" - Jodi hiding closet, sneaking in, breaking into bank acct, etc.

How does all this ALV fabrication not open the door to various sorts of evidence from JM?
"TA would not show JA any affection in public" - Tape at the friend's house laying on his lap looking bored while he talks about a gun in his face.
"Seeds of jealousy" and related behaviors - Tire slashing. Call it 'vandalism of his property' to not use the word 'slashing'.
"Snuck into her house" - Jodi hiding closet, sneaking in, breaking into bank acct, etc.

:couch:

In Alyce's World, people can't just leave a situation, they are being controlled by someone. Even if you're barely dating, you are powerless. You are isolated, you are abused.

Seriously, Jodi, so IF he was so mean and controlling and a pedo, why not leave the situation? You weren't living with him. This kind of thing is very common - sometimes people don't get along. You were NOT in a domestic situation.

So true! And not only was she not living with him, she was in a different state and chose, on her own, to move closer to him.

I read last night that the hearsay rule is one of the basic principles of law.

ALV being permitted to testify about what Travis says & what Travis means simply by saying "this is her impression, judge" ~ without ever having met or heard him should NEVER be allowed in a courtroom! She is quoting TRAVIS based on something Jodi WROTE.

I can't believe the judge is allowing Wilmott to go through every individual day over the course of 2 years!

I hear you, but unfortunately there is a hearsay exception that applies here.

"Ariz. R. Evid. 703:
An expert may base an opinion on facts or data in the case that the expert has been made aware of or personally observed. If experts in the particular field would reasonably rely on those kinds of facts or data in forming an opinion on the subject, they need not be admissible for the opinion to be admitted. But if the facts or data would otherwise be inadmissible, the proponent of the opinion may disclose them to the jury only if their probative value in helping the jury evaluate the opinion substantially outweighs their prejudicial effect." [emphasis added by me].

So, even though the hearsay would not normally be admissible, it is under this rule if it was a basis for her opinion. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple