trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from a short break away from the trial, and I just noticed that JM's hair is a bit darker. Could there be a romance brewing?

Psychopaths, especially of the narcissistic type, will NEVER admit to being jealous. They will OFTEN explain that others or jealous of them, however.

Yep, to them it's not jealousy. The other person disrespected them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering how Alyce's testimony is going to help her get expert witness gigs going forward.

I actually think it will hurt her - there are very few courtrooms where she will be allowed to ramble and spout her little irrelevant stories, talk about her other patients and testify as if hearsay is fact.

Hi all, I apologize for asking this without looking at prior comments. I just walked in and started reading and watching 10 minutes ago, so I am hopelessly behind.

Question: why is Donavan Bering allowed to wear a DV ribbon when the Travis supporters were compelled to remove their blue ribbons? I smell a double standard here, and I don't like it.

TIA

Because she's so $%$#@#@ burly that nobody is brave enough to tell her to remove it?

Where is Judge Belvin Perry when you need him.... ugh this is all hearsay and speculation!!!

Oh my, ALV, this chick has got you snowed. You should be embarrassed.:facepalm:

I just don't see how this testimony carries any weight. It's all based on what Jodi tells her, and Jodi not only has a history of lying, but has a HUGE motive to lie. For the expert's opinion to hold any weight at all, the jury would have to believe that Jodi isn't lying.

It's just basically her saying what Jodi told her. She has no real insight or inside knowledge.

I can't wait to see Juan on cross.

How does ALV sound so correct when she speaks about DV and ACTUAL abuse victims and so wrong when she tries to apply it to Jodi?

Unimaginable to live without him? That sounds like OBSESSION to me! Anybody else?

Fairytale engrossed witness..ughhh
wonder what she really thinks?
60 shades of "KILLING GREY"?

Truth is stranger than fiction! Anybody remember Lewis Carrolls poem, Jabberwocky?

"Alyce" in Wonderland

Many of the words in the poem are playful nonce words of Carroll's own invention, without intended explicit meaning. When Alice has finished reading the poem she gives her impressions: (just substitute Jodi's journals)

'It seems very pretty,' she said when she had finished it, 'but it's rather hard to understand!' (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) 'Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! However, somebody killed something: that's clear, at any rate'[1]

Alyce, does this ring a bell?

First, I want to say thank you to what you do. As a "patient/client" of your profession I can attest to the prevalence of substance abuse in abusive relationships. However, your claim that no woman wants to stay (especially after 23 yrs) struck me very hard as "odd" because that is *exactly* what I said when I was first being counseled for my abusive relationship. I completely contradicted your claim and said I wanted to stay - that if he (the counselor) could just fix him or get him to change, that I didn't want to end things. And let me add that I was not married, live in my own house that I paid for and very financially independent. But the last thing I thought about was trying to end things. So I'm having a hard time reconciling my reaction to my abusive relationship with what you say you have never experienced in 23 yrs. I'm far from saying you're wrong- I'm just surprised to think my situation was so unique.

And the other thing that is weird is that the first thing the counselor told me (regarding abuse and rage) is that the root of all rage and anger is always fear. The abuser fears exposure of their own inadequacies, abandonment, etc.

I guess I asked the question, "Do wish you could leave this insanity ?" Now keep in mind this after awhile not the first question after hello My name is..

I have yet to hear no I want to stay in the insanity but I am afraid of his violence (or some verge) or I can't I don't have place to go or I don't have money, etc or some financial inability.

Let me ask you "Did you wish you could leave this insanity (I am not using insanity as a legal term and insanity isn't psychological term I using it a term for craziness).....(fill in the because to own life)?

Thanks for your opinion.

When did JA sleep under the Christmas tree?

When he had a lot of friends sleep over and he turned his bedroom over to the girls. He told Jodi there was no place for her to stay. She slept under the Christmas tree.

Anyone else wonder if JA is beginning to believe what these people are saying about her? Either that or maybe the fog has made her forget she wrote it!

OK why not put Jennifer on the freaking stand.

She is telling the whole story all the paid mouth has to say is

"yes...." and or repeat what Wilmott just said.

:please: Let this torture end soon.

"Journal Article" again. sheesh...and the note to my wife on the fridge is a "Treatise" on my journey to go get dinner.

Thank you...I needed that respite of humor.

I despise this $($&%&@(!!!!!

Listen up, ALV. You won't be calling my Juan "Honey" when he's questioning you. Got it???

So when Travis said nice things he was being manipulative, when he said mean things he was being abusive, when he contacted her he was being controlling, and when he didn't contact her he was using passive aggressive manipulation.

Can anyone find a win in there, talk about no win scenario .. actually giving someone a no win scenario, isn't that a form of emotional abuse?

BBM - You could make a lot of dough as an expert witness. You obviously have the basics down.

Yawn..... Stretching....arching my back over a chair......

Standing on my head now.....

Digging through the waste basket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads