trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto...this is worth reposting, in case anyone missed it:

[Referring to LaViolette's inadequate and outdated CV]

What I also find disturbing is that LaViolette has made serveral references to Alcoholics Anonymous and frequently uses "AA Speak" and seems to be basing a lot of her conclusions on the free-floating blaming and willful helplessnes of the recovery movement.

Aside from personal anecdotes (like "as seen on TV": "It really works!", yeah sure) on how AA, NA and the like have helped people, we are also talking about a kind of twitchy cult based on the 20s-era "moral re-armament" babbling of Frank Buchmann where "sin" has been crossed out and "alcohol/drugs/sex/overeating, what-have-you" has been penciled in.

Moreover, like all pseudo explanations including Freudanism, Marxism, and other totalizing systems its completely non-falsifiable, the dogma arranged where there's no situation, positive or negative, that it doesn't cover.

You may have noticed that LaViolette has this "heads I win, tails you lose" system where she is obvious starting from a conclusion (abuse) and there's absolutely nothing that isn't proof of it. That is, if a guy sticks too close to a woman, watches her every move, that's abuse. Likewise, if he is indifferent (or rejects, in Jodi Arias' case rejects) that's abuse too.

The key feature of nonfalsifiable quasi-explanations like Freudianism is that there's no escape: If you marry someone who looks like your mother, that's the Oedipus Complex. If you marry someone who looks nothing like your mother, that's reaction formation and, of course, just a manifestation of the Oedipus Complex. You literally can't sneeze without a "gotcha".

One reason LaViolette is so boring is that once you get a sense of her bias, you already know what her conclusion is going to be regardless of the premises.

Oh for good god what is it now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Is it me or does this seem like the longest morning of testimony.....

Sitting here waiting for the lunch hour going to come ...................

waiting.gif

Of for God's sake!...
Use your noggin!....
Of course the gold digger was jealous!

Wilmott is such an uptalker that it drives me nuts? You know? Every sentence?

hmmmm...just looks at LV. I think JW realizes LV is bored out of her mind with these questions.

Did LV just run out of the room to piddle?

This is mind numbing. And so, does this have anything to do with premeditating? And how about the gas cans?

Am I the only one really feeling sad for Jodi's Mom right now? I am convinced Jodi was the abuser in that family.

ALV jumped the shark. IMO when she claimed yesterday to have seen NO jealousy in Jodi's behavior... I wrote her off completely. I have to think the jury will do the same.

Nope, I have always expressed my belief her parents were good people that tried their best. She abused them too! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much longer is ALV going to be allowed to snoop into Jodi's fake journal entries?
Do you think Juan will get his chance later today?

No seeds of jealousy in the journals about Mimi Hall.

No evidence of jealousy in any of the text messages, says ALV,
but we were just talking about journal entries. So, there's no jealousy. Hmmm...

Back to Jury Room for 5 minutes, Jurors.

Pop Tart Jury - 5 min ... back to the jury room

No jealousy huh, just threats. What is a little funny, Willmotts continuous questioning of the witness about it reinforces it in the minds of the jury.

WTF? Just tell them to go to lunch or something! What a collolsal waste of time!

Willmott is so in over her <mod snip> head. Now she needs help with getting thru the murder with ALV. Can't she do it on her own w/o the judge wet nursing her through it???

The only thing that is keeping me in any degree sane and from destroying my new laptop are the hilarious gifs that are flying through my screen as a "rest stop".

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You are saving me a LOT of money on a new computer!!! :please:

If she wrote right out that she was jealous wouldn't that have been something negative toward Travis. Which she claims she was not allowed to do.

ALV doesn't even know what an email is.

How can she possibly recognize an instant message or text message?

She's just begun using that there newfangled telephone thang, don't ya know.

drugged.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member