trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh... would it be possible for JM to call JA's mother on rebuttal? Now wouldn't that be a jaw dropping moment in legal history. Holy Moly.

Perhaps the parents had tried other disciplinary methods prior to contacting the police.

Many parents subscribe to the 'put the fear of God in them' method of parenting.

Her mother sounds like my mother. Very stern and did not take stuff off of us.

At least her mother sits in court everyday and support hers. If I had brutally murdered someone like Travis was killed, my mother would not be there.

I feel sorry for her parents. The tapes show the parents are not telling all the
issues they had with Jodi growing up.

I'm Southern so I'll just say she doesn't have a doggone clue what she's talking about...BLESS HER HEART! (Note: Please feel free to "bless her heart" to her face the next time you see her. ;) It's a handy dandy little phrase.)

We always said "HOW NICE"
:giggle:

Sounds like they had HAD IT WITH HER! (or, just over reacting)

Isn't that about the time they just had the two new babies? Could it be they were scared of having the babies taken away by Children's Services, over illegal actions of their preteen?

Or could it be that she -mom- thought this would teach JA a lesson and out her in the straight path or something? It is indeed a bit overboard - though I shudder at thinking what my own momma would have done if she had caught me growing pot at 13. :please:

Bipolar disorder is a chemical imbalance in the brain, you are born with it.

The TH's are saying that Jodi is basically crazy and that her attorneys should have used the insanity defense. However, I don't believe that a diagnosis of sociopath necessarily meets the legal definition of insanity. Holmes(the movie theater killer) didn't meet the requirement and IMO he is a psychopath.

I can't stand this dysfunctional discussion on HLN. How many of you believe your family wasn't dysfunctional in some form?

Agree but different people have different parenting styles. Jodi has a sealed juvenile record, undoubtably to do with this. I would never put my child in a position to be arrested over a marijuana plant but from what her mom said, it sounds like she just wanted to "scare her a little," and may not have anticipated how dire the repercussions would be. I've also no doubt that this incident is why Jodi was so paranoid about her parents.

This post just reminded me of something.

Where did we hear it brought up, something about "juvenile records"? Someone mentioned it and we were all wondering, WTF? Juvenile records?

Perhaps this explains the "juvenile record"?

Oooooh... would it be possible for JM to call JA's mother on rebuttal? Now wouldn't that be a jaw dropping moment in legal history. Holy Moly.

She would just lie for her poor widdle abused daughter.

After seeing a few people mention 'Play Misty For Me', I thought I'd give it a watch. I'm 40 and never been inclined to watch it over the years when it's been on TV.

All I can say is WOW. Scary scary woman in it, just like our defendant.

Now, go watch the Burning Bed with Farah Fawcett. That is domestic abuse, and he deserved to die! I just wish Juan could play snippets from that movie and say, "that ladies and gentlemen is domestic abuse, and a reason to kill in self defense".

Her mother sounds like my mother. Very stern and did not take stuff off of us.

At least her mother sits in court everyday and support hers. If I had brutally murdered someone like Travis was killed, my mother would not be there.

I feel sorry for her parents. The tapes show the parents are not telling all the
issues they had with Jodi growing up.

Duh question 3334: are these interviews available somewhere other than HLN? I haz no cable tv :please:

Look at the beginning of this tape. Jodi is ckecking out her lawyer. Looks like she wants to flirt with her. It looks like Jodi then says to her, You look nice. Read Jodis lips. Thats what she said.

You're right, but first she says "thank you" so JW must have said something to her first. What's really interesting about that little clip is how much JW fusses with that phone and then reaches OVER the computer to plunk it down right in front of JA. You can see JA's hand moving toward it for a split second!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owj_DhaBdM8

moo

Guilty but not the dp.

When I see that I get so angry at that possiblity. Not at your prediction popsicle :) but the thought she may not be put to death when she so richly deserves it.

If she is not given the death penalty it just shows we haven't advanced very far when it comes to same like crimes done by men and women and equal punishments.

If she does not get death it is because she is:

1. White
2. Female
3. Somewhat young
4. She killed a male.
5. Attractive to some although I don't think she is attractive whatsoever.

imo

The only time the parents ever searched JA's room - 8th grade - Mom couldn't find her Tupperware and they found Jodi and her friends were growing pot on the roof of their home.

(video on HLN - JVM)

This psychologist (or whatever she is) who has the Aussie accent on JVM is flippin' nuts. I wouldn't allow her within 2 feet of one of my loved ones if they needed help.

Wow, a friend of Jodi's calls her mother in the middle of the night and said Jodi was bipolar. He had also
called a bipolar hotline.

Jody was happy and an hour later, calling her mom and sobbing but would not tell her why. Her friends all
notice this behavior also.

On HLN right now.

Agree but different people have different parenting styles. Jodi has a sealed juvenile record, undoubtably to do with this. I would never put my child in a position to be arrested over a marijuana plant but from what her mom said, it sounds like she just wanted to "scare her a little," and may not have anticipated how dire the repercussions would be. I've also no doubt that this incident is why Jodi was so paranoid about her parents.

If my kids had ever broken a serious law like burglary or theft etc., I would have considered calling LE for help and to teach them a hard lesson.

But for marijuana? That seems kind of extreme, imo. My DS NEVER ever, not even once, smoked pot or did any drugs, because his mission in life is to attend the Police Academy. So he stayed out of trouble completely. But my DD, um, not so much. LOL Even so, when I found the Zig Zags in her jeans pockets, calling the cops was not my first thought. :cop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech