trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My father, one of the last real cowboys, would use this test on any boy I brought home:

My father, who rolled his own cigs, would put a paper and tobacco on the kitchen table. He'd then ask the boy to roll him (my father) a cigarette. If the boy rolled a decent cigarette, I was no longer allowed to date him. hehe :giggle:

OMG best boyfriend test ever!!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I mentioned last night she was kicked out of kindergarden.

Can anybody advise if I dreamt that this happened, or did it actually happen?

The defendant stated she flunked kindergarten

If they are doing this - they should be investigated just like the juror who was dismissed. :twocents:

These officers of the court have an ethical way to behave and signals with witnesses and the defendant don't strike me as meeting that behavior

As long as they're signals that mean something like "I need to use the bathroom" or "I'm not feeling well" or "It's time for my blue pill" and that sort of thing I have no problem with it. Seems to me that's just what it was... ALV signaling that she was unwell to which ever person on the defense side noticed first so the judge could be told ASAP. Ever heard a witness suddenly announce "hey, can we take a break so I can go take a dump?" Of course not. That would be really embarrassing. I would imagine that attorneys make up signals to use for things like this all the time to avoid those embarrassing situations. And seeing as ALV was actually unwell this signaling was probably exactly that.

I'm getting tired of these TH's blaming Jodi's parents for everything. Perhaps she is just plain evil!!!! And, I, for one, don't think anything would have stopped her from doing what she did to Travis. She had her mind made up days before June 4, 2008; possibly just minutes after she received those text messages from him. She was going to kill him, come hell or high water and no one will ever convince me differently.

Furthermore, there are tens of thousands of people who don't have a picture-perfect childhood or picture-perfect parents, but they don't slaughter someone to death. This all infuriates me to no end. :furious:

My father, one of the last real cowboys, would use this test on any boy I brought home:

My father, who rolled his own cigs, would put a paper and tobacco on the kitchen table. He'd then ask the boy to roll him (my father) a cigarette. If the boy rolled a decent cigarette, I was no longer allowed to date him. hehe :giggle:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Guilty but not the dp.

Among my clients I have a criminal court judge...his wife is a court reporter..while they both think that Jodi deserves the DP , they are leaning
towards her being found guilty and getting LWOP....having said that, the judge
states VERY emphatically that jurors are only human and one can NEVER know
what is truly going on in their minds and what decisions will be made in deliberations.

I used to work at a cigar shop/tobbaconist and bought loose tobbaco from the shop to roll my own. Today I was outside talking to my neighbor who I consider an insufferable hipster and she was smoking a hand rolled cigarette. I was like (in my head), "honey, I rolled my own cigarettes before it was cool."

The only discussion allowed regarding books written by ALV should be about content only and how it pertains to this case.

Anyone even suggesting an organized effort to leave bad reviews or ruin this woman's business will suffer a loss of posting privileges, if not their Websleuths membership.

We're better than this folks, so do not go there. If you've made posts even responding to this sort of an effort, please go back and delete your posts.

:wagon::wagon:
Beyond happy to be here! You all have a special gift. There is so much compassion and wisdom on this site! I'm here to see justice for Travis & his family. And I am a Juanette ;)

Her mother sounds like my mother. Very stern and did not take stuff off of us.

At least her mother sits in court everyday and support hers. If I had brutally murdered someone like Travis was killed, my mother would not be there.

I feel sorry for her parents. The tapes show the parents are not telling all the
issues they had with Jodi growing up.
Maybe you have to live it to understand... my parents were not perfect but they were good parents and did everything right but my brother was never willing to conform to the rules of life. I'll never forget the words our pastor spoke to my mom the morning my brother was arrested for murder... he's not in jail because he did what you taught him to do, he's in jail because he did what you taught him not to do... a parent can only do so much.

WagaraTapaTalk

JA's father - we could never ask her anything about her personal life once she moved out - she was so secretive.

Agree but different people have different parenting styles. Jodi has a sealed juvenile record, undoubtably to do with this. I would never put my child in a position to be arrested over a marijuana plant but from what her mom said, it sounds like she just wanted to "scare her a little," and may not have anticipated how dire the repercussions would be. I've also no doubt that this incident is why Jodi was so paranoid about her parents.
I'm now wondering if Doggyboy was 'kicked and disappeared' before or after this incident. Could maybe put things in context vis a vis her parents' actions.

Also, what else is going to come out? Especially after it's all over and all the real scary stories from her past are revealed.

If my kids had ever broken a serious law like burglary or theft etc., I would have considered calling LE for help and to teach them a hard lesson.

But for marijuana? That seems kind of extreme, imo. My DS NEVER ever, not even once, smoked pot or did any drugs, because his mission in life is to attend the Police Academy. So he stayed out of trouble completely. But my DD, um, not so much. LOL Even so, when I found the Zig Zags in her jeans pockets, calling the cops was not my first thought. :cop:

Honestly I don't know what I would have done but I do know this both my hubby and I are sticklers when it comes to abiding by the law and our children know that completely. I use to think they never listened to a thing we said but now that they are grown and have always been law abiders themselves I do know they did respect our rules and learned from them. I don't think I could let anything just slide knowing what they were doing was illegal and not only that but doing it in our home makes it even more serious imo. Couldn't the parents have gotten in trouble if someone knew pot was being grown there?

I suppose I have lived my life in a bubble because I have never even seen a marijuana cig much less smoked it or any other drug for that matter. I don't know anything about pot except it is against the law in our state to possess it.

I do know there are states where it is legal and what others wish to do is their own business. The only problem I have with it ..is it is illegal in my state. I sometime wish it was legal here now since I have such a chronic back problem that causes me a lot of pain everyday. I don't think it will ever be though....well not in my lifetime anyway.

It seems Jodi did what Jodi wanted to do and to heck with her parents.

imo

She would just lie for her poor widdle abused daughter.

And help Jodi skip town to keep from being arrested. And attempt to sell forged documents that portrayed the victim as a pedophile. And post Jodi's artwork on ebay for monetary purposes. And mock the family of the man her daughter killed.

Sure Sandy sheds some tears while talking to the detective but considering the situation I would think she would be a bit more devastated that her daughter had just murdered another human being.

So, I don't have any empathy, sympathy, compassion, care or concern for this mother.

As long as they're signals that mean something like "I need to use the bathroom" or "I'm not feeling well" or "It's time for my blue pill" and that sort of thing I have no problem with it. Seems to me that's just what it was... ALV signaling that she was unwell to which ever person on the defense side noticed first so the judge could be told ASAP. Ever heard a witness suddenly announce "hey, can we take a break so I can go take a dump?" Of course not. That would be really embarrassing. I would imagine that attorneys make up signals to use for things like this all the time to avoid those embarrassing situations. And seeing as ALV was actually unwell this signaling was probably exactly that.

Uh no, no "signals" allowed. ALV has testified many times. All she had to do is turn to the judge and request a break. She would have been accommodated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech