trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't be watching these tapes of the parents interviews on HLN...my cold cold heart that loathes Jodi and her family has started to melt (very slightly...<modsnip>).

jodi's dad:

she was going to get married thats what she told angela,called him in hysterics saying she sneaked up to travis's and saw him with another woman.

this needs to be made known to the jury/ said she wasn't bothered about breaking up with him but shes wanting to marry him

Uh no, no "signals" allowed. ALV has testified many times. All she had to do is turn to the judge and request a break. She would have been accommodated.

I saw her try once when a sidebar was called. She ignored her.

Father of JA . . . called her Dad when she had snuck up to TA's house and saw him making out with another girl - and this is the guy she wanted to marry.

she told her sister she was going to get married to TA (or wanted to)

ALV goes off script a bit when she says re jealousy-" not in the texts I've read"...
JW certainly seems flustered and lost in that moment. She seems not to know what to ask and then bang "Judge may we approach". I didn't see obvious signs of a change in ALV demeanor as far as illness. Looks fishy imo

I noticed that exact interaction...JW seemed confused and flustered.....
Maybe ALV was implicating the fact that she didn't " know the whole story" because she was only privy to the texts she had access to read?...
In any case, it seemed to throw Wilmott off, and everything got a bit wonky after that....
Maybe she went somewhere the DT didn't want her to go, providing fodder for JM...
I can hear him now, " But you didn't know the whole story, did you Mamm?"...

(Can't wait...)

Holy smokes, is she gonna get off cause she's "bipolar" shudder. No one is responsible for anything

I don't think so. They are not claiming mental illness. They are claiming self-defense -which they haven't proven at all.

Now, go watch the Burning Bed with Farah Fawcett. That is domestic abuse, and he deserved to die! I just wish Juan could play snippets from that movie and say, "that ladies and gentlemen is domestic abuse, and a reason to kill in self defense".

Think Ive seen that one. Is there a fireplace being used as a cage in it?

Dear Defendant's mom,

It would not be worse for your family if your killer daughter committed suicide, then what Travis' family was and still is going through.
He was brutally brutally murdered!!!!

Signed,
Disgusted
:sigh:

I have seen up close the devastation of losing a family member to suicide. It's not a joke. There is no value to be had in comparing relative degrees of loss. Both are tragic circumstances.

WOW! Her dad - "She was planning on marrying this guy."

JW looks at the clock three times before she asks to approach. Nurmi looks at it twice and shifts around in his chair and leans forward. Lots of glasses get touched. It's all a little shifty...

moo

Not arguing with you. I did see JW look to her right twice, but there was no clock showing so I don't know what she was looking at. jmo

The fact that when questioned by her mother if she did it... Jodi was saying no, I was not even in Arizona, I have gas receipts to prove it!

This is exactly what the prosecutor said. She planned this, pre meditated, she is now bringing out her evidence to her mom of gas receipts.

Look mom? no hands! In AZ .. see.. just CA, UT, NV

This is an excellent post that has not gotten the attention it deserves. She most certainly did say Jodi had a warped view of her childhood. That goes to the "abuse" claim as well as the snooping. I'm sure Jodi's claims that Travis read her journals was another warped view, or wishful thinking on her part. I'm certain her mother would lie if called to the stand, so I would never want to see her there, but these tapes should be played.

She was covering for her even in the tapes. moo Cindy Anthony

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Watching Jane on HLN... WOW! I sure hope this stuff gets in somehow. I wonder if the odds are that none of it will be introduced and thats why the defense is putting so many eggs in one basket.

Look at the beginning of this tape. Jodi is ckecking out her lawyer. Looks like she wants to flirt with her. It looks like Jodi then says to her, You look nice. Read Jodis lips. Thats what she said.

Yep, that's what she says.

I agree! I was out during the morning session and just finished watching via the link posted here. Can someone tell me how in the heck the defense knew the witness was ill? I went back to look again thinking I MUST have missed something. Well, I didn't miss anything but I did notice a couple things. @ 1:47.45 AL moves her watch as if to get a better look at the time, then adjusts her glasses. @ 1:49.33 Wilmott looks to her right then asks to approach....definitely something pre-planned happened in that. This was no suddenly getting ill....this was on purpose and pre-planned. The judge was over-ruling JM right and left and allowing this paid witness to state JA's writing in the journals as HER OPINION......WTF??? I think the Judge needs to recuse herself...battle fatigue or admitting she is in over her head. (don't want to get in trouble so I won't post what I REALLY think) MO

Me too.
Someone on HLN state that is why the parents have NOT taken the stand.
It's because these tapes exist and JM would impeach anything they said
to defend JA based on the fact that neither were surprised or argued it could not have possibly been JA.

Her mom did try for a second stating JA"s hair and finger prints would be there because she cleaned his home.
Then Flores said both the hair and prints were bloody.

She got it immediately.

Shades of Anthony again

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

JA's father - we could never ask her anything about her personal life once she moved out - she was so secretive.

:floorlaugh: No need to wonder why, a glimpse of her photography "skills" is reason enough for her to be secretive with her parents.

Father of JA . . . all the time she has been on the desert . . . a little crazy over the last year (over a Man or over Men?)

jodi's dad:

she was going to get married thats what she told angela,called him in hysterics saying she sneaked up to travis's and saw him with another woman.

this needs to be made known to the jury/ said she wasn't bothered about breaking up with him but shes wanting to marry him
Wonder if ALV knows all this from the parents perspective?

Not arguing with you. I did see JW look to her right twice, but there was no clock showing so I don't know what she was looking at. jmo

The big digital clock to the right of the judge's bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap