trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never share this outside of my own family and closest of friends, but what the heck....
I was in a relationship with a man with true NPD. Everything you read about them is true. Everything you read about what happens to their victims is true.
I was not raised in a home with any violence, no abuse, just normal disagreements. My marriage was not abusive in any way. We parted for much more benign reasons.
Years later, in the relationship with the man with NPD, things were getting progressively advanced with his various methods of mental, psychological and emotional abuse of me. It never got physical.
One evening he was walking behind me in the living room. I was crying over something he had said or done. I heard him laugh, behind me. The next thing I knew, I was watching my right hand, balled in a fist, swing in front of me, to my left....I watched my fist connect with his temple and he flew to his right, down onto a sofa, stunned. It was as if I was watching a TV show, from a few feet away. I watched him get back up and then I watched myself shove him, the heels of my hands against his shoulders, and he went down again.
I was horrified and stunned. He was speechless.
I knew at that moment that if interacting with him could help produce that physical action it was time for me to GET OUT of the relationship.
I have never forgotten that moment. I 'snapped'. The thought of touching him never even flashed in my mind for a microsecond. I was disconnected from my hands and arms. It scared me that the disconnect could even happen.
I have tried over the years to figure out how I did that without even having a microsecond of thought about it. That is what it is to snap.
Not to plan a road trip, get gas cans, falsify journal entries....
Thanks for reading, I needed to share that.

Hey, BeachGirlFromPA, I so appreciate you posting that. I have always wondered what it means exactly when people "snap." Thanks for having the courage to share your story. It broadened my understanding.

Jinkasauras just said they found court note requesting sequestration of the jury and the judge denied it.

Boo! I think sequestration is warranted. Then again, I am not in the jury - if I was I might not be too keen on the idea. Did they report why did the judge deny (in the event that the judge has to explain her decisions)?

Crape....nothing like a grizzly bear in one's yard to screw up watching JVM....
I hate spring.

I'm really speechless over the mom/dad interview. It's given so much more info than I thought it could. She has been like this since she was a child.

I love her dad, boy, he just let it all out. "man she has been like this for a year... no maybe more"

thanks dad :)

Not arguing with you. I did see JW look to her right twice, but there was no clock showing so I don't know what she was looking at. jmo

There is a huge LED clock with red numbers on it to her right.
KCL can confirm this.

Yep, that's what she says.

I agree! I was out during he morning session and just finished watching via the link posted here. Can someone tell me how in the heck the defense knew the witness was ill? I went back to look again thinking I MUST have missed something. Well, I didn't miss anything but I did notice a couple things. @ 1:47.45 AL moves her watch as if to get a better look at the time, then adjusts her glasses. @ 1:49.33 Wilmott looks to her right then asks to approach....definitely something pre-planned happened in that. This was no suddenly getting ill....this was on purpose and pre-planned. The judge was over-ruling JM right and left and allowing this paid witness to state JA's writing in the journals as HER OPINION......WTF??? I think the Judge needs to recuse herself...battle fatigue oradmitting she is in over her head. (don't want to get in trouble so I won't post what I REALLY think) MO

Glad I wasn't seeing things!!! JW asks to approach, says something to the judge, the judge swings her head around to look at ALV, then calls a recess.

How in the he// did JW know ALV needed a recess??

I'm now wondering if Doggyboy was 'kicked and disappeared' before or after this incident. Could maybe put things in context vis a vis her parents' actions.

Also, what else is going to come out? Especially after it's all over and all the real scary stories from her past are revealed.
In Jodi's testimony, she said the reason she got caught sneaking out of the house was because she didn't close the door well and the dog got in. Doggyboy???? If so good boy Doggyboy

I have seen up close the devastation of losing a family member to suicide. It's not a joke. There is no value to be had in comparing relative degrees of loss. Both are tragic circumstances.
Sorry for your loss Shurby. :therethere:

Boo! I think sequestration is warranted. Then again, I am not in the jury - if I was I might not be too keen on the idea. Did they report why did the judge deny (in the event that the judge has to explain her decisions)?

I don't think, in January, she had any conception of how the case would blow up. It has been pointed out here before that there was a marked difference in interest and media attention once JA took the stand.

Holy smokes, is she gonna get off cause she's "bipolar" shudder. No one is responsible for anything

Unless this jury is the same as the Pinnellas 12, I would think not. She very well may be Bi Polar (I see the traits) but she may have a slew of other disorders as well. The fact is, even if you are BiPolar, you know the difference between right and wrong and therefore NOT INSANE and they are not going with an Insanity plea anyway. They are claiming self defense.

Let's just pray that the jury understands exactly what the plea is and that BiPolar has zero to do with that plea.

So did HLN just get these new tapes of the parents questionings and they are playing snippets (mainly the same few I've seen since 6pm-ish) over and over? So we won't know for days what all is on these tapes? Or will they be playing new snippets on each show tonight? Is there anyplace to watch the entire tapes? TIA!

JA Mom - since TA's death it has been the best relationship they had her whole life . . . .last few weeks talked to JA more than she ever talked to Jodi since she left the house @ 18.

IMO they would have to hold court for more then 4 1/2 hours a day three days a week if they sequestered this jury.

Glad I wasn't seeing things!!! JW asks to approach, says something to the judge, the judge swings her head around to look at ALV, then calls a recess.

How in the he// did JW know ALV needed a recess??

You weren't seeing things. 1:45:10 - Nurmi looks toward the big digital clock to the right of the judge's bench. 1:45:55 - JW looks at the same clock. 1:47 - Nurmi looks at the clock again and shuffles around in his chair and sits forward (I actually thought he was going to stand and ask to approach). 1:48 JW looks at the time again, 1:49:08 Nurmi looks toward JM. 1:49:33 JW asks to approach. All the while JW is flustered and unable to follow through on her questioning.

It all looks very odd to me.

moo

I think her desire to see the after pics was for a much colder reason. She was trying to create her story. I think as far as she was concerned TA was gone. She had no more use for him. I don't think she wanted to revel in what she did, she just wanted details of what the cops knew. I am sure she looks at those pics with absolutely no emotion. She was ready to move on, but had to deal with pesky little problem of being arrested for capital murder.

When I first started following this trial, they showed the gruesome photos on the big tron and she pretended to hide her face and cry, but from the side I am absolutely positive I saw her hiding a smile. Duper's delight, as Janine Driver says.

Speaking of JD, the last time I saw her on Dr. Drew she did not do well and I haven't seen her since. Did she get axed for saying that she had nothing to add but would ask her two little dogs? Anybody know?

So did HLN just get these new tapes of the parents questionings and they are playing snippets (mainly the same few I've seen since 6pm-ish) over and over? So we won't know for days what all is on these tapes? Or will they be playing new snippets on each show tonight? Is there anyplace to watch the entire tapes? TIA!

Not yet . . we are all waiting patiently with baited breath . ..

I'm pseudo-transcribing snippits that I have not seen or heard before.

I have never share this outside of my own family and closest of friends, but what the heck....
I was in a relationship with a man with true NPD. Everything you read about them is true. Everything you read about what happens to their victims is true.
I was not raised in a home with any violence, no abuse, just normal disagreements. My marriage was not abusive in any way. We parted for much more benign reasons.
Years later, in the relationship with the man with NPD, things were getting progressively advanced with his various methods of mental, psychological and emotional abuse of me. It never got physical.
One evening he was walking behind me in the living room. I was crying over something he had said or done. I heard him laugh, behind me. The next thing I knew, I was watching my right hand, balled in a fist, swing in front of me, to my left....I watched my fist connect with his temple and he flew to his right, down onto a sofa, stunned. It was as if I was watching a TV show, from a few feet away. I watched him get back up and then I watched myself shove him, the heels of my hands against his shoulders, and he went down again.
I was horrified and stunned. He was speechless.
I knew at that moment that if interacting with him could help produce that physical action it was time for me to GET OUT of the relationship.
I have never forgotten that moment. I 'snapped'. The thought of touching him never even flashed in my mind for a microsecond. I was disconnected from my hands and arms. It scared me that the disconnect could even happen.
I have tried over the years to figure out how I did that without even having a microsecond of thought about it. That is what it is to snap.
Not to plan a road trip, get gas cans, falsify journal entries....
Thanks for reading, I needed to share that.
Thanks for sharing. That took guts to tell us. The description of temporal illusion where time shifts and things are in hyper-focus is something I've heard of many times. God bless you for having the wisdom to get away and the strength to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean