trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there somewhere I can watch the video of this? TIA!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMnk-pdnTTg"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 40 - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Clock watching starts around 1:44:00

1:44:47 is when the glasses touching starts with clock watching and Nurmi seat edging during it all.

It is kind of strange that Mom called the cops on her at 13 though. :waitasec: Isn't there another way to handle marijuana use besides calling in Law Enforcement ? That seems a bit extreme, imo. There must be more to the story.

It could be they tried something else at first and were met with hostility and rage from JA. So much so that they then called LE for their help.

Still, not a legal defense! My point was that "snapping" is not a defense. "Crime of passion" or "snapping" can both be premeditated, BION, but neither is a defense (in AZ).[double doh]

Edit to add: Just want to be sure to say that I agree with you. :rocker: After reading over my reply, I realized it looked a little 'snooty'. (So hard to bring emotion onto a forum)

Bipolar!

per her parents.

Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaddy Wonders
Respectfully snipped: Is it call "snapping" or crime of passion if someone premeditated the killing for (at least) several days?

Still, not a legal defense! My point was that "snapping" is not a defense. "Crime of passion" or "snapping" can both be premeditated, BION, but neither is a defense (in AZ).[double doh]

Edit to add: Just want to be sure to say that I agree with you. :rocker: After reading over my reply, I realized it looked a little 'snooty'. (So hard to bring emotion onto a forum)

It is kind of strange that Mom called the cops on her at 13 though. :waitasec: Isn't there another way to handle marijuana use besides calling in Law Enforcement ? That seems a bit extreme, imo. There must be more to the story.

Perhaps the parents had tried other disciplinary methods prior to contacting the police.

Many parents subscribe to the 'put the fear of God in them' method of parenting.

Guilty but not the dp.

Ohhh noooo, :what:

Now we get to hear for the next 40 years about Jodi's singing, painting and other creative activities. Please do NOT give US that sentence.
:banghead:

I'm Southern so I'll just say she doesn't have a doggone clue what she's talking about...BLESS HER HEART! (Note: Please feel free to "bless her heart" to her face the next time you see her. ;) It's a handy dandy little phrase.)
That's what I love about southern women, Suhgar.

Agree but different people have different parenting styles. Jodi has a sealed juvenile record, undoubtably to do with this. I would never put my child in a position to be arrested over a marijuana plant but from what her mom said, it sounds like she just wanted to "scare her a little," and may not have anticipated how dire the repercussions would be. I've also no doubt that this incident is why Jodi was so paranoid about her parents.

Dr Drew will dive into the tapes tonight!

Mom called cops on JA at 13!
A life long pattern that unraveled!
To a crisis, she needed help, and she was homocidal/suicidal/psychotic...

She would rage to her om for 2 hours at a time.
Unregulated hostility...

Since she was 13 if she had been evaluated it would be Conduct Disorder and once she turned 18 they would evaluate her as a psychopath.

I really don't think there is much her parents could have done to change her. I have read that even medication can make the psychopath worse. None of the mental health professionals know how to put a conscience in a human when they don't have one.

IMO

Hmmm?? Wonder if smoking a little weed just to relax after the murder, could account for the smoke smell in the car when it was returned to Redding :what:

Just sayin' .... maybe she just needed to like chill man ... murdering rages take a lot out of a person

:chillout: :peace:
Wonder if MMcC is a weed smoker?

Jodi was growing pot in her bedroom in 8th grade. Her parents called LE and turned her in. They broke her trust and she's been hostile ever since.

More tonight on Dr Drew.

Dang it...I hate getting sucked into these shows

I bet this is when JA REALLY felt "betrayed"

Perhaps the parents had tried other disciplinary methods prior to contacting the police.

Many parents subscribe to the 'put the fear of God in them' method of parenting.

Yes, that's why I think there must be more to the story. Most parents don't want to get the cops involved initially. You try other methods first, imo.

I am just thoroughly DISGUSTED WITH THIS JUDGE!!! TO the point that I feel like there needs to be some kind of intervention. I don't know what kind of intervention but obviously this judge has NO GRASP on this trial and how to run and efficient courtroom. She has continually allowed the Defense to get away with entering evidence and testimony that should have NEVER been allowed, the judge has continually delayed this trial, ended early, short court weeks and so on. It is obvious this judge needs a "Come to Jesus" from someone, just not sure who would be the right officials it would be to make her get this trial in check. If court ended early today then court should be running on Friday AND Saturday! NO MORE of this short weeks, ending early, starting at 10:30 ( WHAT IN THE HECK KIND OF HOURS IS THAT ANYWAY???) This trial needs to running 6 days a week starting at 8 AM and ending at 5 or 6 PM every single say from this point forward. The Taxpayers have been charged a exorbitant amount of money for the Defense of this admitted murdering tyrant and they should NOT be BILKED out of any more money than necessary. This is a financial RAPING of the worst kind by this Judge and the Defense and something needs to be done about it.

Also in any trial I have watched and there has been many, I never seen a judge allow gum chewing, brining drinks in, talking, laughing, and sleeping(notice a man nodding off last week). Apparently she doesn't care about any respect being show for her courtroom.

I am just thoroughly DISGUSTED WITH THIS JUDGE!!! TO the point that I feel like there needs to be some kind of intervention. I don't know what kind of intervention but obviously this judge has NO GRASP on this trial and how to run and efficient courtroom. She has continually allowed the Defense to get away with entering evidence and testimony that should have NEVER been allowed, the judge has continually delayed this trial, ended early, short court weeks and so on. It is obvious this judge needs a "Come to Jesus" from someone, just not sure who would be the right officials it would be to make her get this trial in check. If court ended early today then court should be running on Friday AND Saturday! NO MORE of this short weeks, ending early, starting at 10:30 ( WHAT IN THE HECK KIND OF HOURS IS THAT ANYWAY???) This trial needs to running 6 days a week starting at 8 AM and ending at 5 or 6 PM every single say from this point forward. The Taxpayers have been charged a exorbitant amount of money for the Defense of this admitted murdering tyrant and they should NOT be BILKED out of any more money than necessary. This is a financial RAPING of the worst kind by this Judge and the Defense and something needs to be done about it.

Also in any trial I have watched and there has been many, I never seen a judge allow gum chewing, bringing drinks in, talking, laughing, and sleeping(notice a man nodding off last week). Apparently she doesn't care about any respect being show for her courtroom.

Sounds like they had HAD IT WITH HER! (or, just over reacting)

Isn't that about the time they just had the two new babies? Could it be they were scared of having the babies taken away by Children's Services, over illegal actions of their preteen?

I am not buying what her mom is trying to sell.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member