trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM~ This is very intriguing... reminds me of the new A&E show - Bates Motel.

I live where there are ALOT of mari-jane growers. That can get sketchy. moo

Here's why I don't think that's as likely as using a man. Jodi can control and blackmail men. She has experience and is confident with men.

Her mother calls the police when she finds Jodi growing pot.

She cannot trust her mother to help her cover up a murder. She only called her to help move because she had no money and had burned Travis and had absolutely no one to borrow from.

She usually has a man stacked behind the current one, just in case, and in Travis' case he screwed up her plans with other guys again and again because he is so "selfish."

Don't you think she would be more likely to confide in Gus and strengthen that bond so that she could use him as a Yoda base to give her information on who's who in PPL? Always thinking ahead, five year plan.....

Won't look good for her testimony if she refuses to be crossed. JM is calling a psychologist that State hired to examine Jodi. If ALV does not return JM can address those very same questions to his witness. The State's witness will have access to everything, though. So I don't think we will hear the same story as ALV. I suppose JM could call ALV back under rebuttal. jmo

She can't refuse to be cross examined and if she suffers a serious illness that renders her unable to continue, there would likely be a mistrial.

Wouldn't it be great to know how much time she "really" was "with" Travis?
It is my impression that much of this relationship existed only in her twisted mind. And I don't think Travis ever thought they were "official," in light of the fact that he was seeing so many women at the same time. He obviously was looking for a wife, but Jodi never, ever met any of that criteria. And when they were "together" a lot of what was said or done she embellishes. I just can't give much credence to anything she says. I also get the impression that Travis was immature, naive and totally unprepared for the likes of JA.

BBM
Yes!
I think that would be a powerful visual in rebuttal. JM needs to show the jury (with a calendar) what a short-lived relationship this was. From the moment they meet to his death, their "official" relationship was a mere 4-5 months, approx 1/2 of which were long distance.

This was not a serious relationship. Yes, they did go on a few trips together, but so what? Big whoop. People who date go on trips all the time, even HS kids. ALV makes it sound like he was practically putting a ring on her. Puh-leeze.

I'm sick of hearing about the "honeymoon period"; the "loving respite", the "learned helplessness", the blahblahblahblah.

They were friends with benefits...and maybe not even friends. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT??????

JA used the words "solar plexus" in one of her journal entries. Both my head and my husband's head snapped up at that. Who uses that term in a journal? I've kept journals my whole life and, I daresay, I never used the words "solar" and "plexus" together. Why not just say "gut" or "stomach."

To me, it reeks of her desire to appear smarter than everybody else - even in her journal. :twocents:

WOW Whoever that Maggie from Tx that called into Dr Drew was sure great!!
Wish I knew someone like that.

Agreed, and adding. Jodi was obsessed with: The Book of Mormon, Law of Attraction, The "Secret", 1000 Places To See Before You Die. - *I own that book before this and will never be able to look at it the same. (Should check out it's reviews NOW) :what:
But then again, Jodi's syntax in her speech is a bit affected as well.

Is she the one who runs that 'other' website that's trying to steal money from the people? :floorlaugh:

What?? Do Tell....Swear, I've been missing out by my self imposed curfew.:snooty: Well, I'm rebelling tonight.:blushing:

She can't refuse to be cross examined and if she suffers a serious illness that renders her unable to continue, there would likely be a mistrial.

Minor (or anyone else who may know), if something like this happens..will the defense team/ALV need to show proof of said illness? Would ALV require a doctors note or something like that? Surely a mistrial wouldn't be called if the defense team said "Well, that's it, she's sick!" & that be enough proof?

Thank you in advance for any insight!

I deal with a lot of plagiarism. Jodi's little journal entries smack of plagiarism. I have a feeling that she has lifted large portions of the sentence construction from some kind of Charlotte Bronté-esque piece -- possibly quite down-market, as in Romance novels of various kinds, but period pieces. Her syntax is not modern. She did not learn that in school; it's entirely affected. Somwhere out there among you sleuthers is someone who is going to say, "I know where that line came from!" I'd be willing to bet.

I googled my fingers off trying to find the line about the chaotic pattern when paper falls line. That was rehearsed and I would swear she lifted it from somewhere but I could never find it. As for her diaries, I agree. It's an affected style and would like to sit down and go through them someday to pick out phrases to google. Even better, I would love see her diaries put through a program like Turnitin.

Friend called a hotline because of things she was doing according to Arias mom

IIRC JA mentioned at one point that Matt M. Had called her family and a hotline once when she called him and was "suicidal". Anyone else remember this? Or did I dream it?!

:hearno:
Better fire up the prayer chain.

Just got my answer from Joey Jackson (not in person, unfortunately). He says they can't be used because they are unduly prejudicial and not relevant to the case. Thanks, Joey! :)

Not sure why they would not be relevant to the case. It sucks that things that make this KILLER look BAD are not relevant. But anything that makes Travis look bad, even if it is a bold face lie are allowed.

I was married to a sociopath and Jodi's parents remind me soooo much of his parents. My ex inlaws are good people and they raised 5 other children who are productive members of society. However, his mom struggles with his behavior, feels guilty and makes excuses for him, while his dad accepted who he is and did not give into his antics. His siblings have nothing to do with him. I am more involved with his family then he is.

JA used the words "solar plexus" in one of her journal entries. Both my head and my husband's head snapped up at that. Who uses that term in a journal? I've kept journals my whole life and, I daresay, I never used the words "solar" and "plexus" together. Why not just say "gut" or "stomach."

To me, it reeks of her desire to appear smarter than everybody else - even in her journal. :twocents:

A lot of her phraseology is weird. "courting" for instance. She does try to sound very intelligent.....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I saw the same things you did. Also, when Wilmott asks to approach, ALV kind of closes her eyes like she is sleepy or not feeling well. She did not do that the whole time she was testifying before then. I agree it is a big, staged production!
I saw the same thing. So glad to know I am not just overly suspicious!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89