trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's there for Jodi as her mom. Nothing more or less. She knows Jodi is more than capable of what of she did and will still love her, but is hoping and praying for a LOWP, and knows there is a very possibility of watching her firstborn being put to death.

she has a older brother and sister,,,carl and julie two younger brother and sister,,angila(the dumb one) and joey

The things she writes in her journal are completely embellished... much like the storytelling way she was talking on the stand, like when the "child *advertiser censored*" pictures "fell in that chaotic way that papers fall." Like she's been reading too many of the old lady romance stories my ex-MIL reads. She thinks it makes her life sound so so wonderful.

Just jumping off your post about the journal entries. I see some people think they may have been altered after the murder?

I don't think she'd have the opportunity to touch the journals after arrest as I'm sure they were copied before being given to the defense as discovery. Did she start a new journal every year? Its possible she was writing more negative stuff in 2008 as her frustration with not winning over Travis was escalating.

I agree with you SuperTmo that everything she wrote was just strangely delusional at times. Like a script for what she wanted things to be like.

MOO

This is not a snarky question and yes I'm too lazy to use the Google Machine.

What is the deal with JeanC? Is she an attorney that became a talking head? Her appearance is reminiscent of an certain type of gal getting on in years but trying verrrrrrrrrrry hard to maintain the appearance of youth.

When she took the stand last week, I thought her dress seemed a little too short and youngish for her.

Everything about her screams, "trying too hard.". Know what I mean?

Her dress was definitely too short. I'm a liberal saying that! lol

I deal with a lot of plagiarism. Jodi's little journal entries smack of plagiarism. I have a feeling that she has lifted large portions of the sentence construction from some kind of Charlotte Bronté-esque piece -- possibly quite down-market, as in Romance novels of various kinds, but period pieces. Her syntax is not modern. She did not learn that in school; it's entirely affected. Somwhere out there among you sleuthers is someone who is going to say, "I know where that line came from!" I'd be willing to bet.

Don't college professors have a program for this....checking for plagiarism?

The only discussion allowed regarding books written by ALV should be about content only and how it pertains to this case.

Anyone even suggesting an organized effort to leave bad reviews or ruin this woman's business will suffer a loss of posting privileges, if not their Websleuths membership.

We're better than this folks, so do not go there. If you've made posts even responding to this sort of an effort, please go back and delete your posts.

:bump:

For those how may have missed it earlier -

Please review and heed this warning.

Another thing that should have been screaming out of the pages at the 'experts'.

Yeah, real experts usually notice when someone looking like a scruffy street person claims they're Jesus-like. Here it's in writing, by someone accused of a horrific murder, but goes unnoticed by her expert witnesses.

OK, so, I have been occupied,

If your daughter was crazy (diagnosed with a REAL mental cray cray) would you think of it differently? I am talking about a real brain disorder.

I think guilt could be playing a huge role in her mothers behavior. She knew her daughter was a little "off" but NO mother wants to believe their child is a murderer.

IMO her mother was very honest in her police interview. Both her parents knew deep down enough to feel compelled to ask her about any involvement.

Mom said it all when she asks "HOW could anyone return home and act normal for days after something like that? How? "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see det flores getting the praise he is on DrD.

He is a brilliant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I clicked on the first article and it took me to Radar on Line

That's a page of RSS (Really Simple Syndication) news feed widgets for 'news' related to Alyce LaViolette. You'll also notice the reference 'tags' in the URL related to 'domesticviolence'.

There are a number of media outlets listed there from Radar Online to USA Today, etc.

That's all it is.

RSSpump.com is an RSS Website Widget Service which provides these news links for a given topic. In this case, the topic is Alyce LaViolette, especially as related to domestic violence.

If Alyce doesn't come back tomorrow, or if she never comes back for some reason...what happens then? All her testimony gets thrown out?

Won't look good for her testimony if she refuses to be crossed. JM is calling a psychologist that State hired to examine Jodi. If ALV does not return JM can address those very same questions to his witness. The State's witness will have access to everything, though. So I don't think we will hear the same story as ALV. I suppose JM could call ALV back under rebuttal. jmo

I'm confused. Isn't this a big ol' NO NO for a witness who hadn't testified yet? IIRC, Nurmi has even whined, I mean addressed, issues related to this with the prosecutors witness before the court on several occasions.

She's got news sources pulling into her page automatically. She didn't write any of it.

Watching HLN grading Detective Flores... I would give Detective Flores an A+... mmmMMmmMmm! I am a Juanette... but also a Florette?? lol.. Broccoli florette??

I have a half sister who is a pathological liar and learned a long time ago the tricks of their trade sorta speak. Count yourself lucky because these sort of people can make you feel like you're losing your mind.

The difference between these two phrases is that

#1 Jodi had a gun in the car---------Sandy is informing Det. Flores that there is
a gun in Jodi's possession.

#2 Did you find a gun----------------Sandy is fishing for clues to find out if the
gun had been discovered.
You do bring up an excellent point. I agree phrasing is everything. However, even if she is fishing for clues, she is bringing up an otherwise unmentioned gun. Or so it appears, in my opinion.

:)

MOO

Dr. Drew show called me after I emailed them! they are calling me at 8:45 and Ill be able to ask question on the show!!! YAY!!!

Good for you! I agree with all you have said and can't wait to hear it. :great:

Watching HLN grading Detective Flores... I would give Detective Flores an A+... mmmMMmmMmm! I am a Juanette... but also a Florette?? lol.. Broccoli florette??

Glad Marcia gave him an "A". I agree with her.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member