trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deal with a lot of plagiarism. Jodi's little journal entries smack of plagiarism. I have a feeling that she has lifted large portions of the sentence construction from some kind of Charlotte Bronté-esque piece -- possibly quite down-market, as in Romance novels of various kinds, but period pieces. Her syntax is not modern. She did not learn that in school; it's entirely affected. Somwhere out there among you sleuthers is someone who is going to say, "I know where that line came from!" I'd be willing to bet.

Funny you should mention that. When I read her words I immediately thought of Victorian novels.

All she can do is mimic being human.

I could see a true believer like Alyce taking a fall to get a mistrial.
A true believer in what though? Unless she's a <modsnip> (yes there is such a thing and I know one), I don't see what the sword is she'd be willing to fall on. Why???

Calling it a night guys. Have to be well rested for court tomorrow. :seeya:

Surely the prosecution could show that the entities had 2 different types of ink. It's unlikely that she used the exact same kind of pen as she would have used to begin the entry (if she added to it way after).

I think they usually only get pencils in prison? Whats the deal with that, true? Could she have had access to the journals and pens when she was her own lawyer? We already know she lies and even had totally faked entries after TA's death, writing as though she were completely innocent and just shocked and heartbroken.

She lies more than anyone I know and we have seen her hack accounts, fake emails, try to sneak messages in magazines, invent incidents that could not have happened and even created her own faked evidence trying to paint TA as a pedophile.

I would not, could not put ANYTHING past her.

I strongly agree with you, I think the slime defense has guilted her along. Don't ha know they're on tv more business more clients.
They've created the majority of this and all enbellishment.

Something really bothers me about the "Travis Alexander's" t-shirt and underwear. In answer to a juror's question, JA says she took photo of them in July '08 after Killing TA because she wanted to remember them for sentimental reasons but also wanted to get rid of them because she knew police would be coming and she didn't want police to find them. Well, obviously police would also find the photos of those items, so she must have needed to dispose of the actual articles of clothing because maybe police might have been able to trace where they were made (or that she made them herself) or maybe she wore them when she killed him and there was some evidence on them. Or the shirt said something about TA's blog on the back as some have speculated...
I agree. And the same sort of deal with the gun. If it weren't her grandfather's gun, she would have told the cops EXACTLY where to find it.
She could have proven it was Travis's gun if she had wanted.
Of course, she couldn't - because it wasn't his gun. I wonder if she has it stashed somewhere to this day.

Hi PP! Somehow the time showed differently at home on my IPhone.....at work now, on a desk top --- at exactly1:31:40 Jodi starts the oddly pointed clock watching & so it goes...

I think ALF missed her cue judging from the increased tension eminating from JW

Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 40. Morning Session. Court cancelled for rest of day - YouTube

Hi JustJudy,

I could very well be wrong, but I think Jodi is looking at her journal entry on the large display screen.

They probably didn't even know about him. Her father said she never shared anything with them.

Did someone else on the thread bring up that Jodi might have gone into a murderous rage because Travis might have called her mother. The thought is intriguing because the "you are the worst thing that ever happened to me" text Travis sent her included something to the effect that he was going to tell her mother.

The father told the story that JA told on the stand about JA calling him after sneaking around and seeing Travis on the couch with another woman. He said she was crying her eyes out. I guess dad has a bad memory like his daughter.

She first saw the gun in "October or November" 2007 and then she saw him load the gun in December 2007, in the Gospel according to JA.

Yes, she was very clear about this. It was fall 2007 when she was cleaning that she first saw the gun. She had also initially said that she saw the gun only once, then she later said she saw him load it and head somewhere after she found it. She added that to go along with David Hall's video.

It looks like JW then puts her phone down in front of JA but blocked by the computer monitor and water pitcher.

WOW! It looks like JA says thanks for doing that.

February 2008 he said he wanted to buy a gun -- but according to Jodi's testimony he already had a gun as of 2007. Oops

That is an excellent catch, but it is annoying that JM hasn't used it. It seems, like with the Hugheses' emails, he doesn't want anything getting in that is negative about TA. I think that is totally misguided. We don't need TA to be a saint for JA to be guilty. And that journal entry is also proof against her claim she never said anything negative about him. It would have been good to bring up to RS as well. It's a mistake not to use it for that.

BBM
Yes!
I think that would be a powerful visual in rebuttal. JM needs to show the jury (with a calendar) what a short-lived relationship this was. From the moment they meet to his death, their "official" relationship was a mere 4-5 months, approx 1/2 of which were long distance.

This was not a serious relationship. Yes, they did go on a few trips together, but so what? Big whoop. People who date go on trips all the time, even HS kids. ALV makes it sound like he was practically putting a ring on her. Puh-leeze.

I'm sick of hearing about the "honeymoon period"; the "loving respite", the "learned helplessness", the blahblahblahblah.

They were friends with benefits...and maybe not even friends. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT??????

How about take it one step further and pin down exactly how many days they even saw each other?

I googled my fingers off trying to find the line about the chaotic pattern when paper falls line. That was rehearsed and I would swear she lifted it from somewhere but I could never find it. As for her diaries, I agree. It's an affected style and would like to sit down and go through them someday to pick out phrases to google. Even better, I would love see her diaries put through a program like Turnitin.

http://science.slashdot.org/story/0...cists-finally-solve-the-falling-paper-problem

Without the www I doubt she would be able to compose a paragraph for her
'journal'. Everything about this girl is fake. She has no personality.
IMO if Travis were here he would not recognize the relationship that she describes in her ramblings.

Hello gals and guys! I want to say thank you for the following and posting during the trial! I follow you guys from work and can't post then but I sure appreciate it! So I am jumping on now to say thanks bunches!!! Just know that when you see "DrPepper" in the 'member' list below that I am here !!!

Hey, this may have been commented on
, but did you guys see Jodie's parents at the trial how they are sitting? They are sooo apart from each other as can be without moving to the next seat! No love loss there! Dad is stretched away as far as he can get! He does not want to be sitting next to his wife! Sad..but very telling!

She's imitating feelings and emotions. She has probably been doing that most of her life. She watches and learns how sympathy and empathy is displayed through observing people and books and movies. Kind of like a parrot who says the words, but doesn't know the meanings.

I wonder if Travis told her he needed his money back and that is the entry about him making her overdraw her account and the overdraft charges.
I can see ALV turning this in to a poor Jodi was supporting him and taking all her hard earned money.

Poor Jodi always going to be someone else has done her wrong.

Jodi's dad said she had been really strange for the year and a half before the murder, so we can look back to the timeline of Jodi's obsession with Travis. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

If Jodi couldn't have him, no one could. I really wonder how long before Jodi had started the premeditation to murder Travis....like her diary entries.

She uses the words, "something off about that boy"....same thing the Hughes said about Jodi when she eavesdropped. I think that was the beginning of the end.

That is an excellent catch, but it is annoying that JM hasn't used it. It seems, like with the Hugheses' emails, he doesn't want anything getting in that is negative about TA. I think that is totally misguided. We don't need TA to be a saint for JA to be guilty. And that journal entry is also proof against her claim she never said anything negative about him. It would have been good to bring up to RS as well. It's a mistake not to use it for that.

Is it possible it was somehow off limits to the prosecution unless the defense first opened the door? If so, the door sure is open now and JM can use it in cross or rebuttal.

Surely the prosecution could show that the entities had 2 different types of ink. It's unlikely that she used the exact same kind of pen as she would have used to begin the entry (if she added to it way after).

I think they usually only get pencils in prison? Whats the deal with that, true? Could she have had access to the journals and pens when she was her own lawyer? We already know she lies and even had totally faked entries after TA's death, writing as though she were completely innocent and just shocked and heartbroken.

She lies more than anyone I know and we have seen her hack accounts, fake emails, try to sneak messages in magazines, invent incidents that could not have happened and even created her own faked evidence trying to paint TA as a pedophile.

I would not, could not put ANYTHING past her.

I haven't kept a journal in a long time but when I did it was very common for me to use whatever pen was handy. I didn't have one pen dedicated to journal writing. I remember the pages had different colors on the pages.
Also, didn't she get in trouble more then once for having 2 pens that she wasn't supposed to? Like at least 3 infractions. Makes sense now, doesn't it?

So let me get this correct....Jodi's mom goes to Mesa to help Jodi move her things back home to Yreka from Rachel's...wouldn't you all (if you are a Mom) follow her and the U-Haul? I would and have, so we have Jodi's Mom saying in police interview she had never seen a pic---never mind meeting him---of Travis!
Jodi manipulated her Mom into leaving, imho, so she could manipulate Travis into giving her however much time she could mooch or in Jodi's mind, months!...after she manipulated Mom outta cash and packing for her. Is this when the car got damaged on the U-Haul? Cause I'm thinking Jodi might had a tantrum and did that on purpose, let Travis pay for it. http://antimisandry.com/mens-health...ve-abuse-against-men-18904.html#axzz2PSKctJrQ

In testimony, one is led to believe that Travis and Jodi's Mom might have been acquainted....not! Just like Jodi and Travis' family, which she inappropriately treats as such.

That whole thing was a ploy for Travis to feel sorry for her and take her in. She starts off with the fight with her mother after getting the mother to come help her. Then I'm sure she cried to Travis about the fight and how she would now have to ask her grandparents to take her in. Of course she then shows up at his house with all her stuff in a U Haul and stays for 3 or 4 days, all the time probably telling him what a bad situation she was in with no where to go. He does not give in and she reluctantly leaves and returns to California, likely expecting him to miss her "booty" and eventually give in to taking her into his home if she wants to come back. He does not do this, even though she's still calling him constantly and secretly recording a phone sex call. She's now stuck in California with no legitimate reason to return to Arizona without really looking like a desperate stalker. So she decided to sneak in to the area to take care of the problem.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member