trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post and I may have missed something - how long between the deed and her arrest? It seems to me that these journal entries could have been fabricated easily in that time. She certainly is smart enough to make up entries to support her and 600 pages in that loopy big writing wouldn't be a huge amount of time. Her journal reads like a gothic romance - this is not the way real life unfolds. I agree it may have been plagorized - directly from Harlequin!
Just my opinion - for what it is worth.

This was probably already answered but Travis was murdered on June 4, 2008 and JA was arrested on July 18, 2008 I believe.
And welcome!

A true believer in what though? <modsnip>(yes there is such a thing and I know one), I don't see what the sword is she'd be willing to fall on. Why???

Money and publicity. ALC is getting LOT of both. She is getting $300 an hour and nation exposure on television and newspaper daily. She has books to sell, lectures to give and she is the product she is marketing so why wouldn't she want the extra money and publicity, even if she has to fabricate crap to fit what she is getting paid to produce which making Jodi into the victim.

Never mind integrity, this is the time of the mighty dollar and fame for anyone who is willing to sell their soul, dignity or whatever, all in the name to get famous and make it big. I imagine she will be charging more for her lectures and will no doubt make the most of her fame by tying her name with Jodi's.

Look at this way as well. I heard the jurors are making 12 dollars a day. Now even if they are making 12 per hour, they still are making nowhere near what ALC is making which is $300 per hour. Add up all of the hours and DAYS she has been on the stand, she is banking big bucks (considering what made previously, which I don't imagine was anything NEAR this).

Soo, Jurors make $12 a day for being fair, impartial etc, ALC makes $300 per HOUR for producing BS. SICKENING!!!!!!

:seeya: Thanks for this update !

:fence: I have to honestly say this is a disappointment -- sorry, but I am very curious as to what happened and I wanted to hear from the juror herself, what she had to say about why she was removed ...

JMO ... but there has been so much "hink" going on by the DT with all their bulldinky complaints ...

And then today's shenanigans that Alyce LV was "sick" -- well, she did NOT look sick to me !

:moo:

So has anyone heard for sure that Laviolette is sick and is NOT returning. Why am I hearing this on this thread?

No, one heard that. That was just a question from KCL because she can feel LaVi becoming anxious about testifying.

I'm confused. Isn't this a big ol' NO NO for a witness who hadn't testified yet? IIRC, Nurmi has even whined, I mean addressed, issues related to this with the prosecutors witness before the court on several occasions.

Isn't what a big ol' NO NO?

Ooookaaay ... I`m starting to smell a rat .. perhaps a pre-meditated plan from the DT ... pathetic. Ya think that is even possible ... I am starting to freak over here. Please say it isn`t so :doh:

The defense would love a mistrial. JA said through her friend Brian that is what she was expecting. I am hoping any serious illness that would cause a mistrial would have to be documented and verified.

YES! So phony.
She sees herself as a modern day Jane Austen, I'm sure.
I kept waiting for her to start a page "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife" - and I am IT! :what:

Post of the day IMO.

This is my first post and I may have missed something - how long between the deed and her arrest? It seems to me that these journal entries could have been fabricated easily in that time. She certainly is smart enough to make up entries to support her and 600 pages in that loopy big writing wouldn't be a huge amount of time. Her journal reads like a gothic romance - this is not the way real life unfolds. I agree it may have been plagorized - directly from Harlequin!
Just my opinion - for what it is worth.

:Welcome1:

and I totally agree with you. the possibilities are endless with this person!

JMHO
fran

HLN after dark is so stupid, where is this so called evidence from the defense attorney from the brother. I hate this show, just sayin'

And why is she talking about laws in Georgia, the case is in AZ.

I knew I shouldn't have kept this show on! LOL

After reading through some of these posts, I had this flash of a thought about how the attorneys, Jodi and their "star witnesses" sat down and plotted how this defense was going to play, and the kinds of things they would do to push the poor Jody, horrible Travis story. Then they came up with how they could derail the whole thing and push for a mistrial when things weren't going their way. I know this is how trials go, but this one just seems so "construed" at every turn. MOO How is this Justice?

Next thing I'm anticipating wilmott calling sandy arias to the stand, to rehab the interrogation video.

Did the jury see the interrogation tape of the mother?

Also, where can I see the parent's interviews?

Ok here is "My Alternative Reality":

Court is going so slow and as DD said ALV will die of old age.
AND~
All this off the wall boomerangs being thrown out and the jury is not sequestered?

Can you imagine how much this would be costing the State if the jury was sequestered. They would be paying for 18 hotel rooms per night and meals for all them every day. Considering they only have actual court a few hours a week, the state would owe a fortune. Plus, imagine being a juror and not being able to go home for months.

Someone on the Facebook feed running at the bottom of After Dark said "She probably needed to be beaten"... Just about shot soda out my nose. That was in reference to the parents btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89