trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi named four jurors wonder if they leaned toward PT? and Jodi wants them out.

Yay! This make me feel great tho. Nurmi is grasping!!

Oh, this statement by Nurmi is simply wonderful. He knows the judge asks the jury whether they've seen any information in the media, "but to believe them would be a total fiction." He's just assuming, a priori, based on nothing except nothing, that surely the jury must be lying.

Mr. Nurmi, strange thing happens when you hang out too much with a lying liar who lies. You start thinking everybody must be lying. Funny, that.

OFGS!!! The jury has been treated to Jodi herself for days on end. I also think they take their duty seriously and are not lying. (What a guy Nurmi is). The defense has been dragging out their case just to do it. IOW, Jodi already dug her own grave, they have helped, and sequestering the jury now will not help JA in the least, imo. I only believe in sequestration during deliberations in any case. :cow:

ETA I see the motion was denied. Good.

Question for all of you!!!

IF one of your ex-boyfriends was brutally murdered...and you happened to be out of town at the time.

Would your MOTHER ask you if you killed him???????????

I don't care how crazy I had acted in the relationship, or how badly I had treated my Mom, I am pretty sure she would NOT immediately jump to that conclusion!

Donovan shaking head, rolling eyes, dressed REALLY weird!

Why is it okay for her to be demonstrative but not Travis' family?:furious::furious:

Because the JUDGE allows it ... there is a Double Standard in her courtroom and it's unfair to Travis and his Family !

:furious:

What was nurmi on about ive got a grumpy two year old here and I missed it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is a stupid reason to request sequestration. The parents' interviews is way less bad than the interviews of Jodi by the big networks, where she professes her innocence. Nurmi is just stalling. If I were a juror and heard any of the interviews with the parents, I don't think it would make any difference, since the case is about what Jodi did, not what her parents said.

Their instructions are to avoid through media. I assume thats what they have been doing. Which means they know nothing about the tapes. He needs proof that they have seen them. Yeeesh Nurmi really??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think JA washed her hair today , very greasy looking. No more matching clothes either.

Nurmi requests sequestration of jury . . . last night interview tapes of JA's parents and journal entries from JA . . . broadcast and read adnauseum . . .

also proseutorial misconduct motion still up . . .

alleges county atty released . . . .
there was a public records reuest . . .JM doesn't watch media as much as defense

there are many public record requests pending

Nurmi says this case needs to be tried in the courtroom . . not in the media = like county Atty's want to try this case elsewhere (ie: media public)

fiction/fairy tale to believe jurors are not hearing this . . . release of info affect JA's right to fair trial . . . if we are to believe this fiction that jury doesn't see it - beyond belief

jury #1, 6, 17 and 14 may have been photographed by HLN photographer this morning - Nurmi witnessed it himself as they were getting off jury bus?

sequester jury immediately - per Nurmi

JM doesn't know where Nurmi gets clairvoyance to know what the jurors are thinking and feeling . . .. it is problematic to say juors are lying and nothing to back it up . .. no reason to believe jurors are watching anything when they say they are not. . . . Nurmi watches more media than JM has seen . . .

we can fictionalize what we believe what they are seeing or not . . we can question them as they come into court. . ..

Judge - admonished jury . . .inquired on regular basis in courtroom and 1:1 in chambers with jurors present . . . no evidence jurors have seen any media in this case - based on law n this State . . State vs. Shad . . State vs. Atwood, State vs. Bible, State vs. Tyson. - Denied.

motion for mistrial testimony last week . . . additional witness is available today - Nurmi do you want to call that witness today?

Nurmi has court been given ? . . . have not . . .
want court to review it and Ms. Wong . . .

if time made elsewhere we can pick motion up due to ALV being ill.

ja talking with Wilmot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member