trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO WHEN did she start acting all weird and her friends were calling her Mom in the middle of the night? Something doesn't jive with this whole story!
So, she dated Matt for 2 years then Darryl for 4 years and they NEVER noticed she was sad or bipolar or anything. I asked this yesterday too. I need a timeline but doubt I'll ever get a TRUE one.:banghead:

ALV on witness stand told JM that both MM and DB said Jodi was bipolar.

Woa....have to read FAQ tomorrow.

I am going to post less, and read more tonight. I am too mad not to say something I will regret after "cookie cutter" analysis by a therapist...and someone saying Travis was not a victim! Wow.

Go Juan! He always begins by throwing them off their game.:great:

:welcome4:

You'll get the hang of it. And never be afraid to ask questions!

And totally agree with the "Go Juan!" part!!!

Oh boy. I have to also disagree with the majority. I just started watching cross. I dislike what Laviolette did during direct. I think she lacked credibility and came at the case from a position of deep bias. But I don't think she gave a bought opinion like Samuels did.

I think this lady actually believes what she testified to.

And even though her testimony was frustrating and felt cruel at times, I don't think she is hated like Samuels was. I think her opinion lacked credibility and I disliked it. But I Think she herself is like able and Juan Martinez is making a mistake by yelling at her and acting frustrated.

Did anyone else laugh right out of the gate when Juan snatched that exhibit right out of JW's pile as she's walking away?

I thought I was the only one that caught that and laughed! Reminded me of the movie A Few Good Men when Cruise did that as Kevin Bacon was walking back to his seat with the Rules and Regulations Book. Hehe!

Juan is going to have a field day with Jodi's journal on the day she was 'officially' notified by her Bishop of Travis's murder, June 10, 2008! This entry should invalidate every single page in her phony journal - she is insane! Surely, AVL read these pages! I loved how she practically ignored June 4th today....after spending almost 2 weeks on the witness stand. She just skimmed over it, lol! Were there any entries in JA's journal on June 4....or was it just not 'noteworthy'?

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

And when she wrote those last two weeks, she was still denying she was in Meza. Also, why hasn't Paul Sterns been called to testify as he said Jodi was upset and needed to see Travis ASAP, and that's why she needed money. He also commented Jodi was on the public computer for hours each day...

Nancy Grace tapes early is why she is not showing Juan. I am almost positive she taped before Juan came up to bat.

Travis sister Samantha yes right after stepping down from stand for afternoon break.

Didn't hear about #5

Did ALV walk in the direction of TA's Family or approach them for comment?

Jodi's Snow White with a black eye certainly makes a lot more sense now. I wonder if Juan will show it in court.

And I seriously had to pick my mouth off the floor when she said she believed Travis was the perpetrator. That is the most outrageous thing I've heard in this trial and any other trial I've ever watched. Un-freakin-believable!

That is exactly his MO. That is how he rolls. It is his trial strategy. There are two main reasons that he opens with 'weird' subjects in his cross examination.
First, he wants to take them by complete surprise. And second, he wants to throw out an unimportant topic, and spar with them to see how they battle and respond. Then he studies it to see what he needs to know for the REAL battle.

He did the same thing with Jodi. He opened with Jodi calling her sis a dummy. Everyone wondered why he did that. But it was brilliant. He got her all emotional, she was taken by surprise, and he sparred with her, over something unimportant. Then he broke her down, and veered sideways into the gas cans.

He did the same thing with Samuels by opening with the Webster's definition of COMPASSION. Totally out of left field. And Samuels got all discombobulated and self righteous. Then after some major sparring, Juan suddenly brought out the fake test scores and Samuels was blindsided by it.

This Snow White thing is standard JuanMartinez. :dance:

And I remember so many people criticizing JM...what is he thinking, where's he headed with this, he did terrible today...then by the end of the next day, everyone was shaking their heads over his performance!

If I may clarify: I think JM has gone out of his way to be bold, brash, aggressive, etc. He most definitely has been in every Defense witness' face (primarily women). I tend to believe that when he wraps it all up he will be able to state that even while displaying a similar behavior that Travis has been accused of possessing, he is still alive and all of TA's accusers are still alive and no one has snapped due to his behavior or brutally killed anyone. And no one has labeled him an abuser thus far, b/c if they did, that would be simply inane. Hope that makes sense. If not, well, blame it on the ninja's.

I do agree to most of your post but don't agree that he has been aggressive primarily to women. He was seething when crossing Samuels and rightly so and when questioning Gus. He was very nice to Lisa Anderson which also was a defense witness. Cross examination is suppose to be heated anyway.

Of course he was aggressive at times with JA and any Prosecutor would have been. It has to be hard to listen to lie after lie for days on end. And then having to sit there and listen to ALV for days on end making JA into the victim and Travis the perp would be hard on any Prosecutor knowing that it all is a bunch of concocted bs.

IMO

Oh boy. I have to also disagree with the majority. I just started watching cross. I dislike what Laviolette did during direct. I think she lacked credibility and came at the case from a position of deep bias. But I don't think she gave a bought opinion like Samuels did.

I think this lady actually believes what she testified to.

And even though her testimony was frustrating and felt cruel at times, I don't think she is hated like Samuels was. I think her opinion lacked credibility and I disliked it. But I Think she herself is like able and Juan Martinez is making a mistake by yelling at her and acting frustrated.

BBM

I too dear gitana have thought this. It is truly scary that she may be treating others.

WTH is going on with HLN?? Now we are back to JW. fgs

That is exactly his MO. That is how he rolls. It is his trial strategy. There are two main reasons that he opens with 'weird' subjects in his cross examination.
First, he wants to take them by complete surprise. And second, he wants to throw out an unimportant topic, and spar with them to see how they battle and respond. Then he studies it to see what he needs to know for the REAL battle.

He did the same thing with Jodi. He opened with Jodi calling her sis a dummy. Everyone wondered why he did that. But it was brilliant. He got her all emotional, she was taken by surprise, and he sparred with her, over something unimportant. Then he broke her down, and veered sideways into the gas cans.

He did the same thing with Samuels by opening with the Webster's definition of COMPASSION. Totally out of left field. And Samuels got all discombobulated and self righteous. Then after some major sparring, Juan suddenly brought out the fake test scores and Samuels was blindsided by it.

This Snow White thing is standard JuanMartinez. :dance:

Great post!

You took the words from my mouth. Everything JM does is calculated.

Juan is going to have a field day with Jodi's journal on the day she was 'officially' notified by her Bishop of Travis's murder, June 10, 2008! This entry should invalidate every single page in her phony journal - she is insane! Surely, AVL read these pages! I loved how she practically ignored June 4th today....after spending almost 2 weeks on the witness stand. She just skimmed over it, lol! Were there any entries in JA's journal on June 4....or was it just not 'noteworthy'?

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

She didn't HAVE to read anything.

JW just told her what they said and ALV's job was to say "oh, yes", or "that's very common....we see that all the time" every time she heard "is that right?" From JW's simpering mouth.

It was like a ventriloquist and her dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans