trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace/HLN are driving me nuts. I've been waiting 40 minutes to go back to "live testimony" and now theyre showing direct again?! Wth?

What's with ALV approaching Travis's family and Juror #5? Any truth to that?

How tasteless! Wish I could have heard what was said. Hopefully Dr Drew will pick up on that. NG show is a waste of time tonight, somehow she wants to show the softer side of Jodi Arias...:what:

Nancy Grace tapes early is why she is not showing Juan. I am almost positive she taped before Juan came up to bat.

Thanks. JVM was showing the cross-examination on her program so I thought there would be more on NG's show. Perhaps Dr. Drew won't disappoint.

:D

Oh boy. I have to also disagree with the majority. I just started watching cross. I dislike what Laviolette did during direct. I think she lacked credibility and came at the case from a position of deep bias. But I don't think she gave a bought opinion like Samuels did.

I think this lady actually believes what she testified to.

And even though her testimony was frustrating and felt cruel at times, I don't think she is hated like Samuels was. I think her opinion lacked credibility and I disliked it. But I Think she herself is like able and Juan Martinez is making a mistake by yelling at her and acting frustrated.

Did you hear ALV talking about 'character assassination' this morning Gitana?

I think she deserves all she gets from Juan.

And I remember so many people criticizing JM...what is he thinking, where's he headed with this, he did terrible today...then by the end of the next day, everyone was shaking their heads over his performance!

BBM

Not me.:D I have always thought from minute one that he is the best Prosecutor I have ever seen in over two decades of watching criminal trials.

He never disappoints me.

IMO

]I see Juan as the medium for Travis' voice. [/B]I have no problems with how he handles his side of the case. I would be pretty enraged if I were the true victim and was dragged through the mud, unable to speak for myself!

BBM :toastred:

Excellent post !!!!

Totally agree!!!! Wilmot and Nurmi are out of their league. Wilmot thought she was so smart when she asked those questions at the end of direct about gifts to JA, memory problems and I forget the last one. I am sure she thought she was defanging Martinez. All she can do is react to what Martinez does. She can't seem to develop a strategy for witnesses--that is all Martinez does. He is always five steps ahead of them.

Whatever they do this weekend will not help the cross on Monday.

I think titles are important. I noticed early Jodi tried to hit every single point for battered women.

I love reading this area, and all of your comments - I can't during the day. I started taking my own notes while watching the trial, and I hope u do too.

I feel the DT kept ALV on to procrastinate JM crossing. Did anyone who watched see one thing the DT/Willmott say one thing, just one thing that was a zing moment or not a repeat?

She also talked alot about people who already testified under oath ie: Mimi etc who spoke for them selves - so why interupt or put words in their mouth? Other then to be mean to the jury.

BTW: om record I want everyone to know that NO professional would ever send or give gifts/books - a Pro would only recommend which one that would be useful.

Oooooh, HLN is gonna replay the opening arguments tomorrow.

Nancy Grace/HLN are driving me nuts. I've been waiting 40 minutes to go back to "live testimony" and now theyre showing direct again?! Wth?

Nancy's not gonna miss her chance with the "exclusive video" from the wedding. And the phone call interview with JA's buddy.

Brilliant, Brilliant, BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Jodi's fabricated story adopted by the DT and the "experts" is a real "fairy tale"
Hopefully, Juan can extrapolate on his theme to show the jury that any incidents of
"real abuse" simply did not happen.

I'm wondering what the purpose of asking her to be on the show is if not to have her simply explain/talk about their relationship and the Jodi she knew. It would be insane to attack the childhood friend of JA just for knowing her and refusing to lie for God's sake.

And when she wrote those last two weeks, she was still denying she was in Meza. Also, why hasn't Paul Sterns been called to testify as he said Jodi was upset and needed to see Travis ASAP, and that's why she needed money. He also commented Jodi was on the public computer for hours each day...

Wow, Thanks for the great post:rocker:

Did you hear ALV talking about 'character assassination' this morning Gitana?

I think she deserves all she gets from Juan.

Every time she uttered that I would see an image of Travis.:(

ALV gleefully assassinated his character today.

In thread #121 Miss Plum said:
LOL,Snow White's female stepmother is an abuser!!!

In her seminar, she asked the audience to describe how the stepmother is portrayed. The answers were usually "*advertiser censored*, wicked", etc. She says stepmothers have it hard because we are predisposed to think of them that way based on fairy tales. She asked the definition of a "*advertiser censored*". People said "aggressive, mean", etc. She pointed out that "b****es get things done" (as opposed to the learned helplessness and waiting for Prince Charming to come along an make all the decisions and fix everything).

I wonder if JM is going to bring THAT up next week. Jodi got things DONE, didn't she? No, she couldn't hold a job and she couldn't make any money at PPL and she couldn't even hold a man to make money FOR her, but she damn well could get rid of him in an extremely thorough, assertive, and resourceful manner.

I'm so done w/ NG and HLN! This is riduculous! And what's with the banner scrolling across the screen saying that court is still going on NOW LIVE. Um, no courts been over for almost an hour! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member