trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi's Snow White with a black eye certainly makes a lot more sense now. I wonder if Juan will show it in court.

And I seriously had to pick my mouth off the floor when she said she believed Travis was the perpetrator. That is the most outrageous thing I've heard in this trial and any other trial I've ever watched. Un-freakin-believable!

Indeed!

I think that is why Juan was so 'angry' when he started his redirect.

Juan is going to have a field day with Jodi's journal on the day she was 'officially' notified by her Bishop of Travis's murder, June 10, 2008! This entry should invalidate every single page in her phony journal - she is insane! Surely, AVL read these pages! I loved how she practically ignored June 4th today....after spending almost 2 weeks on the witness stand. She just skimmed over it, lol! Were there any entries in JA's journal on June 4....or was it just not 'noteworthy'?

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

Yep. She was trying to back up her cover story with these journal entries -- starting from May 27th to at least June 12th.

On the 27th of May, she start's trying to corroborate her Utah alibi, steals the gun on the 28th and leaves on June 2nd. Or she stopped writing in her journal on May 26th (the date she snapped) and went back post-murder writing journal entries for the dates of May 27th to June 12th. This makes a lot of other pages that predate May 26th suspect. What was really on those ripped out pages? Did she feel in blank pages?

No Wilma has done this 3 times now

Today was the 3rd time that Wilma has left Mr Martinez a little time
Before the weekend. It was 45 mins the last 2 times
This time 30 mins.

It is very intentional.
They underestimate Mr Martinez

He won't ask about Snow White on Monday. At least not the
Questions that they will expect. He he

Felon Donavan better be prepared for another job. Hehe

Yes, they do it purposely. They HOPE he is going to show them his cards by getting into the cross examination and then running out of time. But of course he does not fall for their trap.

Instead, he throws something completely out of left field at the witness--something relatively unimportant, but still emotional, and then he spars aggressively with them to see exactly how they try to defend themselves.

With Jodi, he threw the " mysisterisstupid" comments at her. With Samuels, he threw the Webster's definition of Compassion at him. Both of these subjects came out of left field but made them emotional and upset. It was a brilliant strategy, imo.

I love reading this area, and all of your comments - I can't during the day. I started taking my own notes while watching the trial, and I hope u do too.

I feel the DT kept ALV on to procrastinate JM crossing. Did anyone who watched see one thing the DT/Willmott say one thing, just one thing that was a zing moment or not a repeat?

She also talked alot about people who already testified under oath ie: Mimi etc who spoke for them selves - so why interupt or put words in their mouth? Other then to be mean to the jury.

BTW: om record I want everyone to know that NO professional would ever send or give gifts/books - a Pro would only recommend which one that would be useful.
I agree - and they keep doing it - but what is the statistical probability of an expert becoming ill during their testimony, the defendant claiming she's too ill to participate in her own defense, another expert 'forgetting' their notes, a juror being excused, and multiple motions for mistrial, prosecutorial misconduct, sequestration which always seem to leave Juan with less than 20 minutes to cross examine on the last day of the week?

It couldn't possibly be a concerted effort, I'm sure. ;)

FYI

From Wiki.Answers

Disney didn't disclose the ages of the Dwarves, but according to Tolkien, dwarves are considered "children" until the age of 50 or so. The Seven Dwarves were all adults when the movie came out, and that was 70 years ago, so the Seven Dwarves are all at least 120 by now.

However, Tolkien states that dwarves live for over 200 years, so they are barely middle-aged.

:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

LOVED LOVED LOVED when JM walks up to cross and grabs the evidence out of Wilma's hands.

LOLOLOL

Jodi's Snow White with a black eye certainly makes a lot more sense now. I wonder if Juan will show it in court.

And I seriously had to pick my mouth off the floor when she said she believed Travis was the perpetrator. That is the most outrageous thing I've heard in this trial and any other trial I've ever watched. Un-freakin-believable!

Yep these two so called experts taught her what to say on the stand. It was so obvious with all the key words she used.

Whats up with nancy grace? Right in middle of Juan's cross her show comes on now we're back on ALV!!! Is this a rerun?

OMG ... I took a nap because I thought Willmoth would drag this out and I see I missed Mr. Martinez ... so I am watching now !

I am :furious: at that snarky and unprofessional remark made by Willmoth :

"Do you have a memory problem?"

:furious: What a smart alec !

:furious: And there's Jodi laughing about it ! She won't be laughing when she gets the DP -- or will she ?

Ahhhh ... off to finish watching and will check back here later !

:seeya:

Oh boy. I have to also disagree with the majority. I just started watching cross. I dislike what Laviolette did during direct. I think she lacked credibility and came at the case from a position of deep bias. But I don't think she gave a bought opinion like Samuels did.

I think this lady actually believes what she testified to.

And even though her testimony was frustrating and felt cruel at times, I don't think she is hated like Samuels was. I think her opinion lacked credibility and I disliked it. But I Think she herself is like able and Juan Martinez is making a mistake by yelling at her and acting frustrated.

BBM

I agree, and thanks for your thoughtful post

I'm so done w/ NG and HLN! This is riduculous! And what's with the banner scrolling across the screen saying that court is still going on NOW LIVE. Um, no courts been over for almost an hour! :banghead:

The NG show is taped and shown an hour later. So when her show is being taped, the trial is still LIVE.

BBM

Not me.:D I have always thought from minute one that he is the best Prosecutor I have ever seen in over two decades of watching criminal trials.

He never disappoints me.

IMO

Agreed.

Also, I thought Alyce looked tired and ill yesterday - but I swear once Juan started crossing her she was sparky and ready to rumble. She has no fear, she knows what she is doing.

She's giving an interview in the parking lot... or at least speaking to someone in the media. She's in her vehicle, window rolled down, speaking it appears.

Source? A reliable one please...(I'm behind so ignore me if this has been verified)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling