trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trick me? Oh my goodness. (trying not to say Oh my *advertiser censored**ing God so much)

This is ridiculous...what a bag of hot air. I haven't rehearsed this answer yet

Gimme a break ...
HLN just said that "this is another aggressive examination of a witness" about Juan questioning ALV.
Bull Hockey .... Juan is just trying to cut thru ALV's rambling/refusal to answer any question with straight answers.

I'm glad she's being competitive. The jury will see bias and disregard her testiphony.

ALv is not doing herself any favors with the jury. She needs to answer the questions directly and stop playing head games. Whatever goodwill she built up with the jury she is squandering NOW with Juan.

needs her CV to check? I hope Juan has one close by.. she's determined to dig in her heels and double down...% cause he's just a man%..

I can't even hear what ALV is saying, but I sure can see her smirk :furious:

:eek: Is someone messing with the sound in that courtroom ?

The sound went off on AZ Central ... and NO sound on CNN !

Perhaps an attorney or someone who knows can answer this for me; what does a witness have to do in order to be considered/treated as a hostile witness? This dodging by ALV seems like grounds to be a hostile witness, MOO.

A witness is hostile if they are adverse in testifying for the side that called them. If DF got snarky and testifying in an adverse way with JM direct then that would be hostile.

Nearly 11am . . . no jurors raised hands during Judge's questions of hearing/seeing trial . .. Juror #5 has not contacted any of them.

JM w/ALV /. . . .44 hrs spent w/JA . . no requirement that there actually be an interview with anyone . . .re: #558 - started talking about . . .how she defined DV . ..the continuum . .. sheet of paper use as part of presentation @ beginning of JW's questioning and it was used on Thurs . . . cross exam @ very end . . JW was using chart "as part" of alV
s assessment of cases for abuse . . . she doesn't really use any specific thing to assess - she uses a range of things . . . used in this case? . . . taking an oath? yes
this exhibit- continuum of aggression and abuse
it was used as an explanation
Judge - can answer yes or no
Alv - doesn't feel complete to just answer y/no

template used during questioning by JW @ end of your testimony with her
I don't use it as diagnostic exclusive @ all . . . use it in trainings - gives a more complete range of behaviors in DV and pattern of aggeression - even in families that don't have DV.

used in this case presented to jury?
yes
used in assessment of ja?
not partricularly
if doesn't apply to this case why use it?
it apllies to the case.
I don't just dump a diagnosis . . it is a framework to look @ to see what happening in the relationship
nothing in #558 applies as part of your assessment in this case
I answered a range of behavior and I used it in this case
assessment used this
by a certain degree
can refer to #558
in a limited way - sure . . .you can

in this case you went thru answers to questions - talked first column to the end
all the columns -yes I did

Snow white whether not a battered women? yes or no
We spent a lot of time on Snow white
did I ask if spent a lot time?

judge - answer the question
yes

keynote address in 2010 - discussed issues whether or not this applied to Snow White?
no I did not
you were Keynote?
Snow white a battered woman?
Catchy title - delivered keynote speech?
not true is it . . . not the keynote @that conference
I don't have my CV with me . . . if you are trying to trick me into another year . .. trick me

Mam - let's take a look @ you CV . . . JM is scrambling looking for papers

exhibit #596 - true and accurate copy of that page . . . part of that page
admit #596
objection? . . . we would object unless entire CV gets in
approach please.

The judge really needs to get this witness under control with some kind of warning. This is insane. The judge sounds afraid to insert herself. JM is being MORE than patient and restrained and she is ESCALATING.

I know exactly what she's doing. She is trying to negate Juan's use of the continuum and how it doesn't apply to the case and how some of it could apply to Jodi. Much of his cross might be based on it and she's acting like it's of little importance and Juan is just a stupid man. He'll get there.

Watch the THs say it's Juan's fault for staying on a topic too long. She won't answer the question. This cross is gonna take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member