trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #127

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is really trying too hard playing dumb. She just keeps saying she doesn't understand the question. The questions aren't very hard, unless of course you are trying to be untruthful or sneaky. :gavel:

She's suspicious and hyper-nit-picking each question because she fears being honest. Being honest and candid will get her into trouble with the defense and thus her expert witness fee/future gigs.

When you have to dissect every single word to try to decipher what the other person is trying to find out, you have too much to hide.

She is so FOS!

I love Juan, comparing herself to Law Enforcement.

She really sounds dumb. I wonder what she has done in other trials?

playing dumb again. There would be no problems if she just answered truthfully and allowed willmott to clean it up on re-direct.

She has no qualification to read psychological tests, oh nice, she reminds the jury for herself.

JA smirking - so proud of "her" expert witness.
JW looks worried.
KN looks bored.

She was all so happy about her "standard" being written and published, and that what she wrote was up was that continuum... until she realized she admitted that the continuum IS her standard. Then she backpedals again.

The clutch on my car burnt out on I 40 near Benson North Carolina. The car is in the shop and they might be able to fix it sometime tomorrow afternoon. I am checked into a cheap motel that may or may not give me a disease.

And just in case I have not been tortured enough I have the TV tune to HLN where Alyce LaViolette won't even admit to ownership of the title of her snow white presentation.

Talk about malfunctions. She can't even answer a simple question without turning on the smoking mirror machine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

This is ridiculous...she could be deemed a Hostile Witness could she not? She is being combative, she is being disparaging, she doesn't want to answer questions.

Asking the court to declare a Hostile witness allows the attorney to ask leading questions on direct. ALV is not on direct and JM is already permitted to ask leading questions because he is cross-examining her.

But people who watch CSI don't show up claiming to be an expert witness, and charge $300 an hour....

Made some judgements on Denise - she was vulnerable and there was some flirtation . . .
not sure said she was vulnerable . . .don't recall - may have said that . . .spoke about it on Thursday . . . . don't remember if said she was vulnerable or most f the women were.

Nicole flirtatious, Michelle - she was vulnerable . . . .krishelle was vulnerable but not a Michelle.

able to make these judgements without speaking to any of them
I have gone repeated contexts with their conversations with Mr. Alexander

Snow White - woman was being battered . .. we talked about that
not sure what you mean on the correlation
you presented on it
I talked about gender and used Snow White as a catchy title . . .the speech was about gender and empowering . . .the jury may need to see whole video . . .a part of lookin @ gender impact of gender on DV, and what people learn about gender and DV . . . if you take it in context . . .
did you look @ Snow White as being a battered woman
I looked @ her growing up
you didn't present her as a battered woman
you take it out of context

you were there
I was there and it was enjoyed by many people . . .I picked the title along with a lot of people who were there and helped . . . .I picked the title. .

did you reach a conclusion or address Snow White was a battered woman
Iaddressed issue of Snow White growin up and being trained to go into a relationship that is of violence.

you made that presentation = you were there ... even though you never spoke to anybody involved in the Snow White tale
I didn't speak to Snow White or 7 dwarfs .. . .

Denise, Krishelle, Ragen, Chaitanya, Maria . . .

you used you brain in terms of . . . . you didn't use exhibit #598
I did use it in part
part of presentation?

it came from my own mind . . . my trained brain
your thught process?

you thought about it . . . but didn't use #558
I am confused

your trained brain incorporated #558 but didn't look @ it specifically just thought about it
I probably looked @ it to . . . it's in my head . . .when I discussed it with the jury I used the paper.

I had it up and I know it well enough to discuss it to continue to discuss it
same guide whether in you brain or on paper - same guide . . . you have this continuum and you experiences
I have the total context of what I am looking at

no I am asking what you bring to the table not what the table has to give you
your bring your experience = no standard to point to on screen or paper this expert found this standard . .
untrue my standard is published, . . in Canada and published in 2 other books . .

that is your standard #558 you go by?
that is one tool I use
your approach is subjective what you believe
I try to use as much evidence as I can . . . probably not anymore subjective than a police officer - you take the evidence that you have and weigh that evidence - I don't believe anyone has a purely objective view . . . if you are police officer you bring that to the table, DNA evidence bring it to . . .

are you in expert in DNA?
no but I have read
terms of a sample that is not biodegraded . .. . . in terms of low side you get a profile
in DNA tests you get a profile
I don't know -

if don't know why talk about dna biodegraded sample

your approach doesn't have certainty to allow someone else to go back and reach same results you would
I don't know

is it like DNA or blood test approach?
no

are you familiar with what psychologists
in terms of testing

You are here for forensics expert
I am here as domestic violence expert

are you familiar with job a psychologist does?
objection
approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members