trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Nurmi wants off this case so bad, I cannot imagine he would be trying so hard for a mistrial unless it benifits the DT in some was. Their ship is sinking. If one was granted would she get a new set of lawyers? Could this be a ploy to get off the trail so that Nurmi's reputation isn't totally squashed?

I too think that Nurmi wants a Mistrial more than anything because he doesn't want to be forever associated with this sinking ship of a Defense. Which I think is pretty low class and unethical.

I have a nasty bronchitis going on. Doc has medicated me pretty well. I am gonna lurk.....

Lurking in a fog....sounds eerily familiar.....:what:

J.K....Get well soon....I just got over a bout of bronchitis.....not fun:getwell::getwell:

So how late do we think we will be today,I'm betting about 31 minutes

:seeya: Let's see :waitasec:

First there will be the usual "motion for mistrial" filed by the defense team ...

Then there will be another "motion" for some sort of bull dinky filed by the defense team ...

Then there will be another "motion" for some more bull dinky filed by the defense team ...

:dunno: probably anywhere from 35-55 minutes ?

:floorlaugh: If I ever need a good laugh all I need to watch is Juan vs. Doc $.

For heaven's sake, Steely, just start with day one of Samuels' testimony and you should be asleep in no time. :floorlaugh:

Does anyone recall when, in yesterday's testabaloney, JW did her little hand signal to ALV? I want to see what ALV was saying right before that. Thx!

What little hand signal?

Oh my little ten year old boy arrested,he was found with a gun, knife,in his backpack. He made threats to kill.
Hln just showed him all shackled up in court.

Yeah the caylee trial verdict! Knocked the wind out of me. I was devastated by the verdict.
Please someone tell me this isn't going to happen again.

I was not the same for a very long time. I do look at the justice system differently since that trial.

Maybe ALV thinks that JA was justified - not by self-defense, mind you - in murdering Travis, based on his treatment of her alone. The only time this could possibly be justified, imo, is when you are in a long-term, committed relationship, where you live with the abuser, and that abuser is hyper-controlling and threatening bodily harm constantly, maybe even harming pets to show they have no compunction about hurting something they "love."

I could see having an ACTUAL domestic violence expert defend the killer, in that case, if the abuser came at him or her with an intent to kill, and the victim saw no other way out. Or if the person was protecting another family member.

But ALV is defending Jodi appropos of NOTHING (sorry for the yelling). She's now trying to back-peddle and justify. Reminds me - and this is probably TMI - of when I was a kid, and did something wrong, and I tried to "story" my way out of it. You know you're sunk, but you don't want the consequences that are waiting for you right next to the truth.

:moo:

I could visualize that too. I could understand if someone picked up a gun and dispatched the abuser out of extreme fear. When you pick up a knife and inflict that many wounds and make that violent cut across the neck it puts you in a totally different category of killer IMO. Rage,hatred,revenge..

i would ask this one question...there is no way to verify travis ever hit,kicked,choked,slapped jodi except only from the lairs mouth....but we can verify every word travis said in those emails(which you didnt believe) about stalking,crazy,being scaredof jodi and the prove is stabbed 27 times,neck slit ear to ear,and shot in the head,and you say you didnt believe him..but how wrong your expert opinion was ..right alice

This is great! A very good explanation of ALV's CV.

The articles below it are excellent, too. (I can't figure out who wrote them. It wasn't Kristina Randle, but I can't find an author's name.) You can find them by clicking on "Jodi Arias Articles" at the top.

I wanted to quote one paragraph about Borderline Personality Disorder because I know a lot of us think Jodi has it:

Clinical Picture of Someone With BPD

Persons with BPD have great difficulty moving out of their home and into the world, alone. For instance, they oftentimes have great difficulty moving away to college. They often will struggle, return and then have to attend a local college or university. They have a great fear of abandonment. A hallmark characteristic of BPD is self-mutilation. This often goes beyond simple cutting. It may involve using a knife or scalpel to carve their boyfriends initials into their arm or thigh. Or using a lit cigarette to burn the initials deep into their skin.

snipped respectfully.

There was a girl in my 8th grade gym class that was busy cutting her 4th boyfriend's name onto her leg. I have never forgotten that and never understood what it was about.

I am going to call the Court Starting time today at 9:47AM. Because, you know there is NO way that Judge will EVER start Court on time. She has NO accountability to the Taxpayers of AZ, which is pathetic.

steely dan can you give me the link for cnn like yesterday?

I'm surprised Gerardo Rivera hasn't showed up at this trial. He loves to be noticed for his controversial comments.
Ughhhhh I don't think my coffee is kicking in yet. I'm on my first cup.

Oh my little ten year old boy arrested,he was found with a gun, knife,in his backpack. He made threats to kill.
Hln just showed him all shackled up in court.

Ahhh, just like when Jodi was little and had a pot growing operation on the roof of her house. I always say, early intervention!

shutterstock_121570756.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member