trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #129

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know...after it's all over, and the dust has settled, I'm hoping 48 Hours/Dateline does another special on this case. Because I soooo much wanna hear what the jury has to say after they've had time to research and soak in EVERYTHING about this trial.

Me, too. I am so ready to hear their thoughts after this is all over. Especially when they see the things they weren't allowed to see. :furious:

Please deny the motion to exclude testimony relating to the weight threshold of the closet shelves. I think that's what is being discussed at the moment.

I hope Juan gets to play whatever it is he's going to play on his Bose today. I expect about 1400 objections before that happens, though.

I have the feeling we're gonna find that the "manifesto" is more of a denial of guilt.
If I know Jodi, she probably misused the word manifesto.

manifesto |ˌmanəˈfestō|
noun ( pl. manifestos )
a public declaration of policy and aims, esp. one issued before an election by a political party or candidate.

Jodi doesn't have a policy or aims, unless it's to get make-up on her face, certainly nothing in the political realm...

Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of this trial? I have lunch date at 12:30 Central - probably just when this trial will gear up for today. Arghhhhhhhhhh.

Just FWIW,
I've known some who have self-harmed solely for attention seeking. I've known cutters who were likely BPD. And then there's me - I self-harmed as a teenager because the physical pain alleviated a very deep emotional one.

I hid my self-harming from everyone - it was my coping strategy at the time, and I certainly didn't want my behavior restricted. The bright spot of a yucky story is years and years later, I got a beautiful tattoo of butterflies to cover the worst of my scarring, in honor of my post-abuse 'metamorphosis'. ;)

Just wanted to let peeps know not every cutter is also BPD - there are varied and vast reasons for it. (Though...in BPD too it isn't relegated to 'just' cutting either - they'll push the boundaries of anything that is remotely self-harming, imo.)

BritsKate, thanks for sharing this--hope your growth continues beautifully. As a mental health clinician who has treated many self mutilators, you are exactly right. In fact most are NOT BPD, and it is disturbing to those who practice that SM is considered a HALLMARK of BPD because SM is NOT a HALLMARK of BPD as per the DSM IV.

Yesterday we learned that being in jail apparently boosts one's self esteem. Perhaps we just need to round up people with self-esteem problems and send them to jail for a day or two. Then they will feel better about themselves.

Can't wait to hear what we will learn today!
If that maxim holds then:
the longer we had to stand in the corner as a child, the better we should feel about ourselves.
Discuss amongst yourselves. :silly:

STILL NEED help puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. My smart phone for entire trial I have been using Ustream app on my Samsung galaxy phone. Yesterday, logged in and saw lots of folks in the room, yet it said when I log in that not in session? Anyone know what is going on? Any other workarounds for live streaming for my phone for this??? Someone suggested I download google chrome to do flash on my phone, but when I try through app store, it says "incompatible". Jeez, with the Samsung Galaxy????

You can try www.azcentral.com

No sorry, I just tried on my Samsung Galaxy "this video will not play" comes up.

Call me ignorant, but what exactly is the manifesto that JA wrote? Is it her plan to get off, or how she killed Travis. It has me kerflunkled.

Oh - morning all! Got tons of chores done - the main one being filling up the fridge and kitchen cupboards. I embarrassingly sent DH off to work today with a cheese sammich and a bag of chips. Jeez -- I think JA gets more than that.

See what this trial is doing to me (and my family) LOL.

Mel

I was kerfunkled once, too. KatieCoolady has a great cure for that. :)

I think ALV's next talk should be; "Is Santa Claus a stalker?"

He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good!! :what:

He also breaks into your house at least once a year. :eek:

Hey....
That's a "Catchy Title".....
:great:

Oh my. We're on already! I don't have my coffee!!!!

Was Jodi ever asked (on the stand or by Flores) what she means by "body slam"? Also wondering why the "fog" didn't wipe out all memory of the previous times Travis "attacked" her.

I wish she'd been asked that too.Was she actually picked up,over Travis's shoulders,and slammed onto the tile.There's no way she would have just scrambled to her feet after that,IMO .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics