trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #129

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ALV weighs the evidence but the first thing she does is apologize to the murderer after reading her journals.

"Mischaracterizes me." Sounds a lot like Jodi worrying about her reputation.

catgifpage87.gif

Please ... please ... please slip-up and tell us about the Purple Plum !

Poor JW! She worked so hard on her house of cards and it is falling down!

ya, remember when she was stomping her foot when JM "ruined " her star witness $amuels??:floorlaugh:

The downside to this awesome day.....we are going to have to listen to Wilmott drone on and on.....

:panic:Wow, I'm trying to catch up, listening to live stream, reading backwards here and watching HLN coverage of the trial. I'm getting dizzy. I don't recommend doing this!

I've missed testimony up until now today because I had a doctor's appointment. While I was waiting I started thinking about some social workers I know who work in a domestic violence shelter. They are great, caring women who work hard and have a lot of insight into domestic violence. They can tell you all about it. They would tell you some of the same things that ALV talked about when she spoke about DV generally.

But what they could not do is what ALV pretends she can do, assess a sociopath to see whether she was an abuse victim. The issues of this trial never come up in their work. They see women who come to the shelter, often with children. They are scared, often bruised. Usually the police have arrested their partner and they are there because he's made bail. The children are scared. The shelter is crowded and spartan. It's safe, warm and there is plenty of food and a bed for everyone. But it's not the Ritz Carlton. No one would come there if they had somewhere else safe to go. That's not to say that some women might not falsely claim to be abused in a divorce or criminal case, of course that happens. It just doesn't happen with their clients. They wouldn't know how to assess whether Jodi was lying or telling the truth - and they wouldn't feel qualified to do so just because they know all about domestic violence.

Wonder if ALV heard TA's friends when they said JA was weird, creepy, stalkerish... and that none of his friends liked her?

Oh, my! An expert witness who hasn't recently reviewed significant information for her testimony? Are you kidding me? :eek: ALV should have known this case inside-out in order to testify in a trial of this magnitude.

Really ALV weighs the evidence but the first thing she does is apologize to the murderer after reading her journals.

Yes, that is a manipulative tactic of Ms ALV

part of the investigation you found out the defendant was manipuilative in her interaction with men
she was flirtatious with them - he said she used them

using men - someone who is manipiulative
that is correct
you considered and ultimately favored the defendant
I looked @ behavior after the homicide - I attributed it after looking @ behaviors before - not a problem with other resteraunts before . . . unusual abhorrent behavior was a part of it . . after the killing.

the indications are contrary with Casa Ramos different than Purple Plum
you disregard these indications
I considered them
not of value to be of your assessment
factored in her behavior toward men prior to the killing, behavior with both resteraunts, before and after

abuse by TA . . component of manipulation . . . JA exhibit manipulative behavior after she killed him
correct
I am not going to believe that manipulative behavior
no I am not - I am sayig she was manipulative with men afterward
was TA a man
at this period of time - she was manipulative @ Casa ramos the statements were not . . . no manipiulative before TA said so

2 competing views
after the killing
Casa Raos on one side and Purple Plum on the other = I believe what people say @ Casa Ramos
I have other information from Purple Plum that discounted that information - I believe she was manipulative at that time it is situational not that it is a characteristic.

you have information she liked to play the victim
mischaracgterize testimony
I have one friend saying she like to play victim
immediately 5 days after the murder manipulative behavior
yes
expanse of years in between - chose to say that was abhorrent not something characteristic of her . .
I am saying what I hear from one teen friend of hers . . . preponderance of behavior on the one side and one on the other.

numerous collateral sources - preponderance of evidence .. . . more likely than not?
no

preponderance of evidence means I have looked @ all evidence available to me - gone thru it looked @ what appears to be the truth for me makes sense . . . weigh evidence - what I have been presented with is what I have to go on. . .
you are a human lie detector . . .may not be truth to someone else
not charachterize self as human lie detector

Purple plum and casa ramos example . . casa appears to be the truth
not what I am saying . . . purple plum statements could be true - situationally . . .

if true she could be manipuilative toward men on June 13, 2008 - 2 weeks before she could also be manipulative toward men
it doesn't stan to reason

based upon the continuum . . . right after the murder - could be true she was manipulative before the murder

objection
approach

The judge deserves some credit today! She is doing a pretty good job, for now. JMO

Wow. She doesn't believe that ms. Arias was a manipulative person.

I don't think the jury will buy that load. I bet they are tired of this game.

BBM : I agree and personally look forward to when the jury gets to speak. Will be nice to hear from them.

JA can't stand to hear anyone says anything bad about her IMO
Ta told her about herself she couldn't handle it
Imo

That she was perceived by others as working her wiles on men a few days after savagely killing Travis is damning.

Anyone kept track of how many approaches we've had already this morning.
Outta control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members