trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gun was never recovered. Nor was any additional ammo found at TA's home.

Arias looks downright deranged in this picture from yesterday. She is getting more agitated as the days go on and I am starting to wonder not if, but when she is going to have an outburst in court.

548515_457196854356462_685669034_n_zpsdc8b5dc3.jpg

Hope I don't blow the margins!:please: I apologize if I do:blushing:

Can't wait for it to explode and create a scene the jurors need to see.

Actually some of the younger generation might be worse, fully immersed in Patriarchy Theory.

Patriarchy Theory works like this: this is a male dominated society set up by men for men in which women are basically the Rebel Alliance and men are the Empire.

The idea that women can engage in behavior like manipulative passive aggression is rejected out-right. The only power is the power wielded by men.

This is why Alyce harps so much on the idea of control, under patriarchy Theory its only men who have control and women have no agency. This is how she dismisses all of Jodi's stalking behavior through the idea that it was only Travis who had control and therefore responsibility in the relationship. so the exact same behavior by a man and a woman must be interpreted differently merely on the basis of the genders.

The younger women involved in, for example the Great Schism in the atheist and skeptical community are even more true believers in patriarchy theory and the sociology of knowledge perspective (and overt man haters) than Alyce who, being old fashioned, cant claim that this is the only framework she's ever known.

Of course traditional social conservatism and patriarchy theory are both ideologically based sexist nonsense that interferes with the foundations of true egalitarianism and equality.

Keep in mind when you're listening to Alyce LaViolette's prudish, gender obsessed, control fixated nonsense that her real foundation is not in domestic violence but in Patriarchy Theory

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Fascinating post. ITA with your assertion about ALV's real foundation.

I would like to hope that the younger generation, however, is not shackled by such outdated thinking as you've described. :please:

There's something else about ALV that strikes me as well. For all her self-proclaimed expertise about DV, her "take back the night at any cost" mentality, she is not as self-confident and forward thinking as she would have everyone believe. Someone with confidence in their work, theories and practise would never need the crutch of a cheerleading section in the courtroom while they're on the stand testifying. To me that speaks to a deep insecurity in ALV, an insecurity that has colored her view of the male gender in general that she cannot shake.

Thanks. I just came on line and didn't know which pic was blowing the margins. I just saw that they were blown.:seeya:

If you do a quick scroll up you can see and then alert to it. hth

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Morning Sleuthers!
I hope everyone is well rested after that experience yesterday! I know the times I jumped up or turned around at what I was seeing/hearing yesterday should count as a trip to the gym :)

I know all of us are so frustrated by not knowing the actual course of events when she killed TA, but I think I've come to the conclusion that she did shoot first, missed her mark badly by not killing him outright, the gun jammed, panicked and then went into the stab frenzy because he wasn't immediately dead. I think he screamed at her, "I hate you!" after she shot him and that added into the frenzy.
So many people focus on the stabbing frenzy and see a crime of passion, but I think it was a rage because her plan was falling apart. I keep thinking of her Mom's interview where she said JA could be happy one minute and ten minutes later, in a total screaming rage.
I did hear one investigator, guest on one of the shows, say that the only reason TA only had one bullet wound was because the gun jammed.
I think he's right.
If things would have gone her way, JA would have shot TA to death, left him in the shower, and gone about her business....
I think that day went so far off track for her that she went insanely postal.
She inserts bits of the truth into her paragraphs of lies. She shot first, he didn't die immediately. What she won't tell anyone is why she butchered him. It would show how badly she screwed up her 'perfect plan'. JA doesn't admit to faults. She is a genius.

We all seem to have our opinions about which came first.:)

But I do not believe the gun shot came first. I see no evidence that the gun jammed. It ejected its casing properly leading me to believe the gun was still in working order.

I think she began to plot this murder out from the time when he sent heated texts that he wanted her out of his life and that he was going to expose her for what she is........a psychopath. Psychopaths don't get even......they do things that make them far ahead and they can be brutal and sadistic in doing so. They can overkill a victim and it doesn't bother them in the least. In their twisted world the victim deserved it for daring to make the psychopath look bad. It is all about appearance sake to a psychopath.......and of course the appearance is fake but the mask must be on at all times in an attempt to fool others.

I don't believe rage was in the equation but determination to complete her mission was and no matter how long it took or what she had to use she was going to see it through to completion.

I have always believed she stabbed him first and completely agree with the learned ME Dr. Horn. I no more believe a person could be shot in the brain (frontal lobe) and still be able to defend themselves nor be able to get down a hallway. The mere force of the bullet entering his skull at 680 fps would be enough to knock him unconscious and Horn said he would have been incapacitated immediately when shot. The aim of the shot was actually right on target. Shooting into the head (front on) is usually fatal and Horn said that Travis would have died from this injury and the stab to the heart had he not had his throat slit first. In fact I think Travis was already dead or near death when she fired the shot last. I have always felt she heard breaths coming from his lungs as she dragged him back to the bathroom and mistakenly thought he was still alive when it was just signs of his body shutting down. She knew one shot to the head would make sure he was dead for sure.

Unfortunately for Travis her plan worked. Her plan since May was to murder Travis and she accomplished it on June 4,2008.:(

Here's a question! What will JA's reaction be to the first-degree murder verdict?

1. Hurl insults at the jury
2. Slap Willmott
3. Fake faint
4. Fake cry/howl
5. Show no emotion

FYI, the age or brand of your computer has nothing to do with the blown margins.

Margins get blown when someone posts a photo that is too large for the site. Every time someone quotes the post with the item that is too large, it blows the margins again.

http://tinypic.com is a wonderful site for resizing, for anyone who is unaware how to resize photos before posting.

Not to beat a dead horse, but when doing images, check and make sure it is not larger than 640 pics. I think that is a good size others can comment. many times you can see in the image what size it is when you choose it, and if you are doing a Google Images search there are many sizes to pick from and pick the lowest pixel size to post.

Actually some of the younger generation might be worse, fully immersed in Patriarchy Theory.

Patriarchy Theory works like this: this is a male dominated society set up by men for men in which women are basically the Rebel Alliance and men are the Empire.

The idea that women can engage in behavior like manipulative passive aggression is rejected out-right. The only power is the power wielded by men.

This is why Alyce harps so much on the idea of control, under patriarchy Theory its only men who have control and women have no agency. This is how she dismisses all of Jodi's stalking behavior through the idea that it was only Travis who had control and therefore responsibility in the relationship. so the exact same behavior by a man and a woman must be interpreted differently merely on the basis of the genders.

The younger women involved in, for example the Great Schism in the atheist and skeptical community are even more true believers in patriarchy theory and the sociology of knowledge perspective (and overt man haters) than Alyce who, being old fashioned, cant claim that this is the only framework she's ever known.

Of course traditional social conservatism and patriarchy theory are both ideologically based sexist nonsense that interferes with the foundations of true egalitarianism and equality.

Keep in mind when you're listening to Alyce LaViolette's prudish, gender obsessed, control fixated nonsense that her real foundation is not in domestic violence but in Patriarchy Theory

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mykeru, I totally agree with you and it is sexist nonsense. I, myself, have never thought that women are "beneath" men, even tho' I grew up in a home where the "man rule's". I think AL is stuck in her framework that she first jumped on the bandwagon of Domestic Abuse, and it has evolved to encompass Patriarchy Theory, so many years ago. And I think you absolutely right about Patriarchy Theory with AL.

Here's a question! What will JA's reaction be to the first-degree murder verdict?

2. Slap Willmott
3. Fake faint
4. Fake cry/howl
5. Show no emotion

:please: let it be #2!!!

Unfortunately, I predict #5, followed by #1 in post-conviction interviews, with additional insults for the prosecutor, her defense team, the judge, her family, society, etc.

O/T - I have decided, every single time JW says "approach", I will do 10 squats or leg lifts (not from my computer chair). My arse is getting big, still hasn't recovered from the FCA trial. I will be toned before summer!
Please seek the advice of your personal physician before attempting that strenuous a work out program. :)

Morning all!

I was just thinking about yesterday, especially ALV's comment of "I'm old fashioned".

I won't say that's "bad" or "negative". However, in this case, I think that might backfire.

The jury knows a lot about Jodi's actions. Not all like us, unfortunately. But Jodi was no shrinking violet. She pursued Travis relentlessly. There ain't nothin' old fashioned about Jodi!!!

ALV's refusal to see Jodi for who she is did her NO FAVORS - and it's not because she wasn't told or wasn't allowed to see because of the defense! Being "old fashioned" in this particular case reads closed minded, IMO.

I would have a very hard time relating all the stuff ALV is saying to what I know about Jodi, if I were on the jury.

Replaying the end of yesterday in my mind, I could not get past the "It wasn't stalking because stalking implies FEAR" comment. Combine that with ALV's earlier statement of "I saw no evidence of stalking" on the part of JA and you have an absolute mess of a DV expert.

But my question to my fellow sleuthers is this: What testimony have the jurors heard that shows TA feared JA AND that ALV should have considered? I know he said something in one of the IM conversations. (She apparently could discount that easily, even though JA never once put in writing anything even RESEMBLING fear.) But was there something that stands out to you earlier in the trial or from a journal entry or an email or a witness? I didn't start watching until JA took the stand.

TIA for your help. I'd love to review transcripts or testimony if you have thoughts! Now, coffee and work before Juan rocks the courtroom! ;)

If you go to the legal questions thread for this trial the lawyers on WS address this:

It IS an issue. No lawyer is allowed to "coach" their witness DURING their time on the stand, therefore, it is a poor choice to be seen out to lunch together as it gives the appearance this may be happening. As pointed out though, they could just say they aren't coaching her so it probably won't be brought up.

If I recall correctly, that quote from the lawyers was when she was on the stand. It is fine if she is off the stand. moo . expert witnesses are most certainly able to consult with the defense team outside of court, that is what they are hired to do. moo again

2. Slap Willmott
3. Fake faint
4. Fake cry/howl
5. Show no emotion

6. None of the above. She will just smile.

Oh yes. And you know what else is obvious? JM never loses control. He plays out his frustrations for the jury when there is a need for them to see that. He get tough with witnesses when there is a need. He is never out of control. If he was then he would have yelled at ALV when she mentioned the time-out. He didn't give it back to her. Just asked the Judge to admonish ALV. He is such a genius. People think his frustrations get the better of him. Never. It's all part of his brilliant strategy. He knows what to do and when to do it.

:crush:

I agree 100%.

I think she said that to get a rise out of him, hoping he would lose his cool with her and say something he shouldn't. When he didn't, I think she was disappointed. She wants to be in control all the time and thinks she is in control when she's on the stand, but that's not the case. She repeatedly says "Mr. Martinez" to try to show she's running the show, but it comes off as rude and condescending.... not the result she wants. I'm gonna count how many times she says "Miss Willmott" during re-direct. Aside from a greeting, I bet it's zero.

I think after the "time out" insult yesterday, the jury isn't going to take anything ALV says seriously. I don't think they were before that, but yesterday sealed it for me. I knew she was going to say something like that to Juan before he finished. Willmott had an "oh s#!t" look on her face the second she said it. I'm sure she told her it was ok and that she would clean everything up in re-direct, but there's not much she can do, IMO, to get that statement out of the juror's minds.

Speaking of re-direct, I am not looking forward to it and I have a feeling Juan will wrap up today.... possibly before lunch and it will be the Jennifer and Alyce show for the rest of the week. :facepalm:

And as all of us know only beach, ,nurse , and other moderators can give a time out!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member