trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have the feeling that if the trial goes long enough, or if JM can keep his current level of delivery that JA just might act out a bit, or more? At this point, she can't even refrain from saying "sustain" right out loud..... I see her getting a tad more agitated. She's kept her cool so far, but I keep feeling that she might give in to that rage that's bubbling more and more to the surface. That would be a moment I'd pay to see!

I think after the "time out" insult yesterday, the jury isn't going to take anything ALV says seriously. I don't think they were before that, but yesterday sealed it for me. I knew she was going to say something like that to Juan before he finished. Willmott had an "oh s#!t" look on her face the second she said it. I'm sure she told her it was ok and that she would clean everything up in re-direct, but there's not much she can do, IMO, to get that statement out of the juror's minds.

Speaking of re-direct, I am not looking forward to it and I have a feeling Juan will wrap up today.... possibly before lunch and it will be the Jennifer and Alyce show for the rest of the week. :facepalm:

The 'time out' insult was the camel's straw, no question. However, there was one other huge (imo) gaffe. When she and Juan were sparring over JA's 'need to feel normal' when she visited Ryan Burns hours after slaughtering Travis, ALV grinned and said: "If it had been me, I would have tried to feel normal, too....after such an event." I literally fell out of my chair!

If I recall correctly, that quote from the lawyers was when she was on the stand. It is fine if she is off the stand. moo . expert witnesses are most certainly able to consult with the defense team outside of court, that is what they are hired to do. moo again

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

You are correct. The witness and the attorneys most certainly can convene at lunch, after court and on weekends. In fact, they most all do. It is common to meet with your expert during the trial.

Morning Sleuthers!
I hope everyone is well rested after that experience yesterday! I know the times I jumped up or turned around at what I was seeing/hearing yesterday should count as a trip to the gym :)

I know all of us are so frustrated by not knowing the actual course of events when she killed TA, but I think I've come to the conclusion that she did shoot first, missed her mark badly by not killing him outright, the gun jammed, panicked and then went into the stab frenzy because he wasn't immediately dead. I think he screamed at her, "I hate you!" after she shot him and that added into the frenzy.
So many people focus on the stabbing frenzy and see a crime of passion, but I think it was a rage because her plan was falling apart. I keep thinking of her Mom's interview where she said JA could be happy one minute and ten minutes later, in a total screaming rage.
I did hear one investigator, guest on one of the shows, say that the only reason TA only had one bullet wound was because the gun jammed.
I think he's right.
If things would have gone her way, JA would have shot TA to death, left him in the shower, and gone about her business....
I think that day went so far off track for her that she went insanely postal.
She inserts bits of the truth into her paragraphs of lies. She shot first, he didn't die immediately. What she won't tell anyone is why she butchered him. It would show how badly she screwed up her 'perfect plan'. JA doesn't admit to faults. She is a genius.

I think you are wrong. Blood evidence strongly suggests shot last. Lack of spray, and the bullet casing was lying on top of a pool of drying blood clean as a whistle. JMO

I appreciate all the feedback...my position is just that, today....tomorrow may be another story :) Or heck, maybe even later today....
All I do know for a fact is that we will never really know. I don't see JA ever coming clean to the truth.

Oh - also wanted to say FWIW - yesterday on Twitter people were posting pics of DB saying 'BEWARE, BEWARE - SPY" LOL evidently DB has been seen eavesdropping on people at lunch, in the hall, etc. and is most likely reporting back to the DT. Of course, people can say whatever they wish about the <modsnip> on trial, it won't cause a mistrial. Now, if DB is stalking the jurors, that is another ballgame.

Has anyone else noticed that the cameras do not pan over the victim's family area anymore? I think it is important the family is protected from public scrutiny, but by the same token, the rest of the gallery on that side is not being shown either, making it look like the only people there are those supporting JA.

yes! I had noticed that, as well.

Wonder why...did the family ask for that or ? Just curious as to the change.

Good Morning my fellow Sleuthers.........Ready to get this day started by giving a huge shout out
to Mr. Juan Martinezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!
:yourock:

I think after the "time out" insult yesterday, the jury isn't going to take anything ALV says seriously. I don't think they were before that, but yesterday sealed it for me. I knew she was going to say something like that to Juan before he finished. Willmott had an "oh s#!t" look on her face the second she said it. I'm sure she told her it was ok and that she would clean everything up in re-direct, but there's not much she can do, IMO, to get that statement out of the juror's minds.

Speaking of re-direct, I am not looking forward to it and I have a feeling Juan will wrap up today.... possibly before lunch and it will be the Jennifer and Alyce show for the rest of the week. :facepalm:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I don't like that show.:hills:

If you go to the legal questions thread for this trial the lawyers on WS address this:

It IS an issue. No lawyer is allowed to "coach" their witness DURING their time on the stand, therefore, it is a poor choice to be seen out to lunch together as it gives the appearance this may be happening. As pointed out though, they could just say they aren't coaching her so it probably won't be brought up.

Ahhhhhhhh but coming back from lunch she pointed out the age was wrong about the friend saying she was a victim. Earlier it was junior high after lunch it was before. She was fed information at lunch. Jmo

The 'time out' insult was the camel's straw, no question. However, there was one other huge (imo) gaffe. When she and Juan were sparring over JA's 'need to feel normal' when she visited Ryan Burns hours after slaughtering Travis, ALV grinned and said: "If it had been me, I would have tried to feel normal, too....after such an event." I literally fell out of my chair!

I am waiting for the jurors questions for her. Her MO has become so obvious, not even answering YES or NO to the simplest of questions, instead using ANY OTHER word in an effort to defy Juan. No way the jury isn't tired of non-answers and dancing around questions and over all attitude.

I must say I am HIGHLY disappointed in the Judge's control of her courtroom. A judge should garner respect and maybe a little fear from all participants in her court. It is clear she is not in control. I have never seen so many APPROACHES in all the cases I've followed COMBINED. It's ridiculous.

Goodness gracious, I never knew posting a pic would cause such a ruckus.:floorlaugh:

The dimensions of the pic I posted were 400x228.

Didn't look big when I posted it. Sorry

Oh yes. And you know what else is obvious? JM never loses control. He plays out his frustrations for the jury when there is a need for them to see that. He get tough with witnesses when there is a need. He is never out of control. If he was then he would have yelled at ALV when she mentioned the time-out. He didn't give it back to her. Just asked the Judge to admonish ALV. He is such a genius. People think his frustrations get the better of him. Never. It's all part of his brilliant strategy. He knows what to do and when to do it.

:crush:

:rocker::rocker:

Nanny, AL is very knowledgeable about domestic abuse and has done a lot for that cause. I think she is past her time and is a dinosaur now and needs to pass the baton to the younger generation. Times are different- with text messages, emails, etc. People are different now , since the 60's and '70. I grew up in those eras- I'm probably around the same age as AL- and when I attended classes at the college where I live last year, I couldn't understand all the text messaging the kids did. I thought it was "stupid". The kids were texting, talking to their friends at the same time. It was inconceivable to me and I thought it was rude. BUT, it was wrong of me to think it was stupid because this is the world the kids live in now. AL needs to educate herself about THIS era if she wants to continue in the field. She's past, and this is now. How people think of sex is even different now, not deviant, and that's OK. She has to get over her "old fashion" ideas and get in the so-called "groove" (as we "old fashion" people use to say in the '70's-LOL).
:twocents:

Just to let you know I am also in the same age group. I have Guardianship of my two grandchildren whom are now both teenagers. I had to get over my old fashion ideas quicker than I wanted too. LOL:blushing:

Morning all!

I was just thinking about yesterday, especially ALV's comment of "I'm old fashioned".

I won't say that's "bad" or "negative". However, in this case, I think that might backfire.

The jury knows a lot about Jodi's actions. Not all like us, unfortunately. But Jodi was no shrinking violet. She pursued Travis relentlessly. There ain't nothin' old fashioned about Jodi!!!

ALV's refusal to see Jodi for who she is did her NO FAVORS - and it's not because she wasn't told or wasn't allowed to see because of the defense! Being "old fashioned" in this particular case reads closed minded, IMO.

I would have a very hard time relating all the stuff ALV is saying to what I know about Jodi, if I were on the jury.

That old fashion comment did not bode well for the defense in my opinion. goes to showing that she was not qualified to even interpret the entire situation. add that to the comment she made about not understanding the new technology as far as texting and instant messaging!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yes! I was sitting at my breakfast bar folding laundry when she said that. I dropped a towel and had to rewind to be sure I heard it right. She cannot possibly believe that was a wise statement. I truly think that she saw Travis as an abusive, horrible man and that he got what he deserved so Jodi should be found not guilty and set free. I'm really curious to see what is going to become of her career after this. I read that her event this past weekend was flooded with complaints beforehand and that many didn't show up. Then I read that wasn't the case and just a rumor started by someone. So, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee