trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about when Juan said to AVL "Don't look at the defense table look at me, I'm asking the questions!" Go Juan!!!

My favorite part of yesterday's proceedings!

:great::great::great:

So, for the avid viewers and legal peeps... has Juan set up enough foundation to bring in the false journal entries after June 4th?
If yes, will we see that during Alyce's cross or is this a rebuttal thing?

It's such a powerful piece of evidence and I'm foaming at the mouth to hear it presented by JM.

OT but is anyone else having problems with the thanks button? I will thank a post and when I refresh, my thanks is gone, so I have to thank it again.

:seeya: I am ... and I do the same thing: hit refresh, and it's not "thanked" so I have to hit "thanks" again ... and sometimes that doesn't work ...

I am also having trouble with the "More Smileys" ... and I luv those "smileys" ...

:waitasec: It's a good thing I have some of the "codes" "memorized" for the smileys ... lol !

:seeya:

=Karraster]Morning all! :seeya: I wish JM's first question of the day was "Maam, do you have your glasses with you Maam?"[/QUOTE]

And she'll pause, smirk, and say "That's not a yes or no answer Mister Martinez. Okay, yes with a qualifer."

OMG. Just imagine how much further along we would be if ALV would just answer questions with the requested yes or no. We'd probably be through juror questions by now, not still in cross. I guess it's too much to ask for the Judge to tell her that before she answers every single question.

I would get many hours of my life back, that's for sure.

I'm not an expert either but there's been a shift in domestic violence since at least 1995 to attempt to define and highlight psychological abuse. Patricia Evans wrote 'The Verbally Abusive Relationship' in 1996, for example.

It's hardly a new concept, at any rate, and in my experience 'most' people realize psychological abuse alone can be every bit as destructive and debilitating as physical abuse. Physical abuse almost never exists without concurrent psychological abuse too. Ironically, most of the misconceptions of abuse I've seen are in the family law environment - and peeps (very understandably) not comprehending why victims stay, a victim's 'profile', and things of that nature.

In terms of statistics the problem really is that so many victims don't come forth. Psychologically abused victims can't really come forward - unless the abuse escalates to a reportable crime. Very often though, by the time it gets there, victims are often so terrified of their abuser and so enmeshed within the abuse, they won't report it. This is by no means relegated to psychological abuse alone, either, its a pervasive problem of abuse itself.

I personally believe, because of how abuse evolves, the true statistic of those in abusive relationships is just not quantifiable.

All MOO
I wanted to multiple "thank" this post but there is no button for that, so Here is an extra "thanks".

:seeya: I am ... and I do the same thing: hit refresh, and it's not "thanked" so I have to hit "thanks" again ... and sometimes that doesn't work ...

I am also having trouble with the "More Smileys" ... and I luv those "smileys" ...

:waitasec: It's a good thing I have some of the "codes" "memorized" for the smileys ... lol !

:seeya:

I have trouble with the smilies too.

Maybe it's because Juan is so awesome, everyone flocks here, and it breaks WS. :)

I have been watching the review of the trial from yesterday. At first I was beginning to wonder why JM would continue to get LV to agree to a certain point, then just let it go because she would not answer yes or no.

That was driving me crazy--like why go after a yes or no answer then say "if you can not give me a yes/no answer we will move on"

Now I have realized any minutia he gets on the record in his cross of LV is open to questions from the jury. So he may have a combative witness refusing to cooperate, but when the Judge asks her the questions from the jury--she will have to be direct.

So brilliant again , Juan is just setting her up for him to get those answers from the jury questioning. yes?

Good point. Can't you imagine one or more of the jury questions ending with "please answer 'yes' or 'no'"?

Explanation:

Yesterday I was mod-snipped for calling the being on trial, Killer. Saying it was name calling. I am not name calling but stating an action the being has confessed to.

I find it too hard to state the being's name, to refer to the being as she or her. For me there is no defense of the over killing and pre planning, the brutal murder of a beloved family member to the Alexander family. Hence even defendant is something I find too hard to use.

I'm quite comfortable calling her Arias, because each time I do I think of how close her name is to a more suitable description :butthead:

:floorlaugh:

Did you all see Smooth Operator's post from last night (or early this morning) about the physical transformation of JA's face over the course of this trial? She was spot on and it was something I've noticed as well.

I hope some of our great computer geniuses are able to do a video morph or photo side-by-sides so we can see it all in one spot.

Her face truly has changed. It's bizarre. Like the evil is really coming out and showing for all to see.

I didn't see it, but would like to...can someone repost it please??

I wish JM would keep reminding the jury what JA looked like before her librarain transformation. The 'costuming' is ridiculous.

Could someone give me an update on Juror #5 please?

I know she was dismissed as a juror and attended court since her dismissal. Has she been back to court since then -or- has the court placed restrictions?

Thanks in advance.

#5 for sure

I'm kind of on the fence about this. On the one hand, we know Jodi doesn't react until she figures out how "normal" people react. On the other hand, she has several weeks to decide what she's going to do -- since IMO she knows a guilty verdict is coming.

Agreed. When I heard ALV call it the "murder," she immediately backtracked and rephrased it as the "killing." Too late to shut that barn door though. I don't think JA was too happy with her expert yesterday. I saw JA take a long drink (right-handed) and then slam the cup down with a peeved expression on her face. It was a lovely sight to see. ;) (I haven't hunted down the clip, sorry.)

She used the word 'murder' more than just yesterday but yesterday when she did it again she corrected herself. I imagine the DT told her after the first slip to say 'killing' but she still forgets and tries to correct it.

IMO

I bet the mad jury will be asking questions Juan asked because ALV refused to answer them. She is in for it by the JURY because she can't tell them they need a time out and can't be snide like she has been to juan.

It seems to me that JW is very wet behind the ears. She does not appear to have tried many cases. Is she a DP qualified defense lawyer or just Nurmi? Anyway, Jodi's constant whispering in JW's ear while she is the lawyer responsible for objections is extremely distracting. I would never allow a client to do that. That's what paper and pen(cils) are for.

I agree...her eyes are darting around everywhere and she looks like a deer in the headlights. It has to be distracting for JA to play "third chair" in her ear. I would have looked at her sternly and told her to write down her questions instead of doodling.

I finally have a few minutes where I can type out a post regarding what IMO has got to be the most drastic transformation in a record breaking amount of a very short amount of time..

It is Jodi's actual physical transformation, more specifically speaking of her face.. I really started truly taking note of this several weeks ago and was initially way off in my time frame from which I was working with, as in I was looking at the transformation having taken place over the course of the long 5 years from the time of the murder and subsequent arrest all the way til present.. And with my looking at it in that large time frame I wasn't that surprised at the very real and pronounced changes that are present.. Again I am focusing on her face, and not anything else.. It makes perfect sense what 5 long years can do and the toll that it takes on anyone. That as I said is no real shocker, nor did it come as a surprise..

It was just a couple weeks Ago in my watching Arias' American Idol for Jailbirds video that I truly began to recognize that the time frame was MUCH SHORTER for which the drastic, and I do mean really drastic change had occurred regarding Jodi Arias' face. You look at Arias In her Jailbird Idol glory and IMO you still very much can see a quite youthful Jodi.. The very much softer, more attractive Jodi was absolutely still alive and well at that point in time.. This meaning that the transformation did not occur over a long 5 year span of time and this meaning that the transformation is not at all due to the toll of the 5 long years in jail that I'd first attributed the change to..

At that point I really began looking, specifically looking for photos of Jodi from just the start of trial, beginning 2013.. I then focused more on video as IMO it is the video footage that really can tell the tale, so to speak, much more accurately than photos only capturing just one specific millisecond in time.. *And that is when it really, really hit me.. It was only in my just trekking back the ultra short amount of time to the beginning of this year, 2013 and to video footage of Jodi Arias at the start of this trial.. And what I found is literally startling and I do mean startling because IMO the transformation of Jodi Arias' face JUST WITHIN THE SPAN OF MERELY WEEKS IS ABSOLUTELY DEFYING OF TRULY ALL LOGIC.. It's not at all just a mere transforming via a defense team tactic ala the Casey Anthony trial and her school marm facade that was portrayed day after day in that Orlando courtroom..*

IMO this that I am speaking of wrt Jodi Arias is actual change to structure and actual facial features..it is something much, much different.. Altogether different from Casey Anthony and truly cannot even be used as a comparison with what I have seen here with my own eyes with Jodi Arias..

This is not just a face that is intentionally presented free of make up to give the facade of plain Jane, young, or fresh faced youthfulness.. While I fully believe without doubt that is the exact motive and facade that this defense team were going for in presenting youthful innocence of a plain Jane girl with low self esteem.. But IMO that is not what is responsible for this drastic transformation that I am speaking of..*
Go back and look at the jailbird Idol footage and IMO you'll see that makeup-LESS face of Arias that does give that look of fresh faced youthfulness.. BUT WHAT WE SEE NOW IN THIS MAKEUP-LESS FACE OF ARIAS IS NOTHING AT ALL RESEMBLING YOUTHFULNESS.. IMO THE STARK CONTRAST IS THAT OF NIGHT TO DAY, BLACK TO WHITE..

Jodi Arias IMO has absolutely right before our very eyes transformed into something that is so ugly, so evil, even so deformed in some very real ways.. And be not mistaken here I am not speaking of petty slurs about Jodi's looks.. That is not at all what I am speaking about.. I am speaking about this unnatural morphing that has occurred rapidly where IMO her facial features have taken on a true distorted, abnormal look to them.. I am being very serious and am not making some type of crude petty joke about this individuals looks at all!!

I Am speaking of very literal drastic distortions that IMO I can clearly see having taken place in just the short period of time of literal weeks.. Am I the only one who is noticing this very literal physical change that has occurred wrt Jodi's face specifically???..

I dare say I am not the only one whose taken note of this specific transformation, tho, I fully realize that we have so much more important issues at hand that we discuss, study, and ponder over.. But IMO this transformation is not as shallow or petty as some may initially think that it is.. IMO there is reason for it and any who've read some of my earlier long winded posts about what I believe Is pure evil personified in Jodi, and my belief that the guise for which she was able to hide in plain sight all of those years prior to the murder amongst the masses.. My very real belief that once that mask was lifted in unleashing the evil on Travis that day I felt that there was a very real consequence to that mask being lifted in that Jodi had not been able to easily remask that which she had so successfully hidden her entire life prior to that day..*

And I am still somewhat of that similar mindset in that I just now believe what has transpired and taken place over the course of these last weeks and months was Jodi not at all diligent in attempting to keep any part of what was left of the mask of "normalcy".. Jodi completely lost sight of the great importance of keeping that mask in place.. Instead throughout cross exam on that stand she became so focused on and obsessed with sparring a war with Juan that she didn't even see that the mask was sliding off her face literally as she spoke on that stand before those jurors.. IMO now in my looking back at that video footage of that cross exam testimony, IMO I can very literally see the proverbial mask slipping away as she spoke.. Very literally exposing that underneath which is very drastic when looked at in comparison.. IMO Juan Martinez fully Un masked Jodi Arias literally right before the eyes of each and everyone of those jurors.. And IMO he did it without the monster ever even noticing.. The monster was so focused on showing she could battle this prosecutor and hold her own.. She became so truly engulfed within that psychopathic, narcissistic need for control wrt Juan's cross exam that she completely lost sight of ensuring to keep that mask in place. IMO Juan Martinez masterfully slipped that mask from her face revealing the ugly, evil that lied beneath without her even knowing or realizing what it was that was his goal, intent, and the entire reason for the way in which he allowed her to "spar" with him in that courtroom.. He was allowing her, herself to reveal her true self by her all consumed in winning the spar and forgetting to keep that damn mask in place..

Many people were frustrated with Juan and repeatedly questioned why is this prosecutor ALLOWING this defendant to behave and speak this way on the stand.. Why was this prosecutor not asking the judge to admonish the defendant and demand that she stick to just answering the questions from the Prosecutor.. Well, IMO just as with all the actions of this Prosecutor while engaging in trial before a court of law there is very much reason, motive, and intent behind everything Juan Martinez does or allows while Prosecuting a defendant such as Arias.. So, too was there very much reason, motive, and intent behind why Juan Martinez "allowed" such behavior from the defendant, Jodi Arias while on the stand under his cross exam..

Jmo Juan Martinez is a mile ahead in the way he thinks, the way he works, and the way he prosecutes successfully cold blooded evil murderers just like Jodi Arias..and IMO the proof positive of this is the way in which Jodi Arias is fully, completely, and without even so much as thin veil left.. She is exposed in all her ugly, evil glory and just taking a look back at the drastic transformation just over the course of this trial that has happened wrt Jodi Arias' face.. IMO there is literally zero doubt about what Juan has successfully unmasked for the world to see.. But most importantly he has unmasked for this jury to see what truly lied beneath the guise of "Jodi" and that's exactly who/what is not only fully capable of the evil horrific slaughter of this victim, a young, healthy, full of life man.. It is exactly who/what plotted, planned, and not only executed that horrific plan of murder, but she delighted in it just as she to this day delights in seeing and inflicting continued horror and pain on Travis via his beautifully strong loved ones who sit in that courtroom every single day!

My apologies for this being one of those really, really overly long winded posts, but IMO this transformation that we've literally watched happen before our eyes is IMO not by accident.. IMO its just further proof of what it is that Juan does so superbly within those courtrooms while very much battling modern day good against evil.. And his demanding that good will win In the end..

Of course nothing more than jmo, tho!

Quoting this so those of you who didn't see it can enjoy. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple