trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wilmot does not know where to go...girl is lost.

Wowzer - this case has so many twists and turns, who would have though TA's security code (0187) would be slang for MURDER.

I wonder if this was just a coincidence -- had to be.

IMHO

Mel

187 is a slang term for the crime of murder. It refers to Section 187 of the California Penal Code, which defines the crime of murder. The number is commonly pronounced by reading the digits separately as "one-eight-seven", or "one-eighty-seven", rather than "one hundred eighty-seven". The number "187" has been used by gangs throughout the United States as a synonym for murder; this usage has been reported as far away as Florida,[1] Wisconsin,[2] Alaska, and even the United Kingdom.[

It's really common though, popularized in the 1990s by rapper Snoop Dogg. It was used in a huge hit song, and it's really catchy, so many many people around TA's age would know it.

A bit O/T - the Alexander sisters are blessed with really nice thick hair. Yet their men are shall we say, not?

But I love a bald man, so it's not a shot at them. Just the girls have such thick, luxurious hair...it's kind of a stark contrast.

For those not able to watch, the camera just panned to all of Travis's family while Alyce was talking about his abusive upbringing. They all are so stoic and have beautiful eyes - as did Travis. It makes me so sad.

Brought this over from the other thread, and needed to comment on it as a gift to myself. Don't think I'm berating you for your comments. I understand where you're coming from, and yet ... I feel compelled to help people understand that trying to bring rational thinking to an irrational situation is going to drive you as crazy as those of us who are being stalked.

I'm someone who has been stalked since 1994 (farthest back we've been able to track him) by a man I never dated, socialized with, married, slept with ... etc., yet, he has seen me naked, entertained himself with my undergarments, hacked my email, bugged my apt., hijacked my mail, and assorted other activities that, for a while, made me believe I was losing my mind. He was my landlord -

Now, I'm across the country from everyone I love, because he elevated to trying to kill me; several times. I did everything that law enforcement told me to do without question. I even went into hiding for 9 mos. He found me. He again tried to attack me in a store - I was chaperoned; thank God! Restraining orders DO NOT work.

If sleeping with my monster would have kept me safe, I would have had sex with him. If making him breakfast in bed would have kept me safe, I'd have made up a personal menu for him. We try everything to get them to stop - make ourselves less desirable, behave complacent - everything's hunky dory, etc. whatever we think will keep them from going over the ledge. We're not psychologists, so yes, we do everything wrong. In our defense, we're in a constant state of "flight or fight". We do things that tend to make us appear to have earned what we get.

As Forensic/Criminal Psychologist Dr. Michelle Ward (herself a stalking victim) states, "Stalkers aren't made; they're born". There is nothing that this demon's parents could have done to prevent this day from coming. When Travis met her and she glommed onto him, his days were numbered. From what he was saying to those around him, he knew it. And we DO know. We can feel it in our bones that we are in deep trouble - for me, it meant moving across the country. For Travis, he more than likely felt he could repel her through his behavior. He could have married her, I'm supposing, but at some point, she'd still have taken his life. I would bet the bank on this. I have to stop here. I usually just read, and refrain from commenting, because this case is tearing my heart out.

I see him as a beautiful man, just trying to live his life. Now, that he's gone, she's killing him over and over and over with the help of "no moral compass" vipers. I've heard nothing in or outside the courtroom showing he was less than a normal young man trying to find his place in life - NOTHING - that correlates even a hair close to what the defense team has been putting out there. :puke:

Hopefully, this case will bring stalking more to the forefront than what it has been. This case has everything and anything to do with stalking/obsession, and little or nothing to do with love, jealousy and jilting. I have faith the jury is going to see it my way.

Juan could do a little more poking of this witness on the issue of stalking to bring it home. (The remaining victimization in me wants to see him beat her down to a sobbing bag of rags, for all of the injustice she's heaped upon Travis, and vicariously, those of us that have to learn not to look over our shoulders with every step we take) I've been waiting for it. I believe it will ultimately win this case.

Whether or not Juan wins this case, he'll be receiving a thank you letter from me. He is a champion of champions in my esteem.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion! :rose:

Thank you so much for this! I felt in my gut that he was walking on eggshells and trying to placate her in any way - so that she would just leave his house that day.

The knowledge that your stalker/abuser was a "stranger" is blowing my mind. What the heck else has this guy been doing? How in heck did he find you? I'm just ......:banghead:

Sending out prayers to Travis' family--Samantha was crying & her sisters looked so sad. God bless you, Alexander family. You have tons of people here who care about you & your brother's name.

:loveyou:

Someone suggested the murderess further tormented Travis by having sex with him before killing him, thus insuring her would go to hell. Although I am no longer Mormon, I speak the language and offer this to comfort his family:

There is no hell in Mormonism. Travis paid for his sins by spilling his blood, in accordance with original Mormon doctrine. As recently as the 1990's, temple participants were instructed to imitate throat cutting as the atonement they would pay for revealing temple secrets. If this vile act compensates for murder and secret-telling, then surely it covers sexual sin as well.

We see Travis' sadness in the shower- some say he looks like he is praying. There is no doubt in anybody's mind that he regretted his entire relationship with this evil woman. The real "hell" in Mormonism is being separated from your family. Mormonism teaches that members follow the laws and ordinances of the gospel in an attempt to reach exaltation. It is also understood that each individual case will be decided and "sorted out" in the afterlife.

Travis' whole life plus the future life he would have had are known by God, who sees past, present and future as one. Against the backdrop of Travis' life and valor in the pre-existence, plus his years of service and self-sacrifice as an adult, and added to it the future he would have had and the children he would have borne, these few months of sexual sin with Jodi are an uncharacteristic blip. One he paid dearly for--and in so doing may have saved countless lives.

This hideous anomaly of nature, Jodi Arias, will at the very least be locked up for life. After she butchered Travis, she purchased a bigger gun. She would have gone on to perhaps murder many people in one of these random killer scenarios. That's the mentality of the high-IQ person who is a sociopath. We can never know for sure, but my gut tells me she would have killed again.

You can trust God for real justice for Travis because Jesus looked into people's hearts, even that thief on the cross and promised him paradise THE SAME DAY. He overrode Jewish law and he will judge Travis based on his eternal life, not based on his lowest moment.

We send you our love and confidence that many of us know what you are going through, and believe me, NO ONE BELIEVES HER VILE LIES ABOUT YOUR BROTHER. Not one person.

HUGS

I HATE Jennifer.

Is it just me, or does it sound like gases being released on the feed when they go to sidebar? :waitasec:

Hi All - just go in and missed all of today so far....

Highlights (lowlights) anyone? Was there a request by the DT for a mistrial TODAY?? TIA

tumblr_majaqaWXA11ry0d5qo3_250.gif

Alyce's "double talk" makes me want to jump off a cliff. She sounds absolutely ridiculous. Cringe worthy. Expert? Expert $ maker.

I will stick it out..
:sigh:

JW and her "battered window" syndrome...(she really said that....er 'misspoke'...)

Me too. I haven't been able to stop watching even when I've tried.

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member