trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tuned into the trial these past few days when JM was up. I'm waiting to see how long I can take JW from what you all are saying. Can it really be that bad? It WOULD be nice to not spend my whole week off at the computer.

It really can.

Oh, going into blaming the parents for the sins of the child mode.:what:

JMHO
fran

I'm so sick of them calling Jodi a battered woman. I know it has been said before but this makes a mockery of real people suffering from real abuse. For this so called expert to testify to this is just shameful.

As someone from the UK I am finding this trial fascinating but I am also surprised at some things. I wish the Judge would take more control. ALV has been quite a hostile witness and Juan has had to ask the Judge to admonish her when I think this should have been dealt with by the judge more sternly. Also the chatting and gigglng by JW and JA should have been addressed too. The staring and sly intimidating looks by JA should not be allowed. There were times too when people in the public gallery behind JAs family looked as if they were on some sort of jolly outing as if they were going to get out their sandwiches and flasks of tea at any moment. I just cannot imagine this happening at the Old Bailey (famous court in UK for anyone who doesn't know) Nurmi shows absolutely no respect by slouching in his seat. This is a high profile murder case but you would not guess sometimes. I fully expected, after the laughing at ALVs "are you mad at me" remark for the judge to tell people not to laugh (which she did) but also to follow that up with the statement that if it happened again those people would be removed. Don't get me wrong, I am riveted by it but find the lack of respect by some involved has been an eye opener.

Hi!
The judge's style has a lot to do with courtroom demeanor. This judge is giving a lot of latitude. The attorneys, defendant and gallery may behave differently with a different judge. In fact, I doubt many older judges would put up with most of things you mention in your post....all excellent observations, by the way. Also, the region of the U.S. may impact courtroom behavior as well. Some regions are more traditional and others are more relaxed.

I am hearing JW trying to rehabilitate ALV on the stand. But in my mind, I see someone running up to a trainwreck waving a bandaid.

I'm tuning out JW's redirect but will read here until she's done. Wonder if we'll get to juror's questions today? Maybe after the afternoon break? I hope so.

To Mute or Not To Mute...

...I believe I Willmute!

Again, WTF does this have to do with anything? :waiting:

Family of Origin - I wish JM could have somehow brought up the close and loving relationship Travis had w/ his Grandmother and siblings. Although, I'm sure the jury does notice Travis's sisters and brother.

"Anecdotal research" oxymoron? Also, she seems to not understand what correlation is as she is using it.

anyone think the jury is buying this?

I'm not listening, just reading along. But I take it we're back to the usual "Obviously you didn't get it, so let me repeat it again" mode.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS IS COMING!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bwfm7-uNS4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bwfm7-uNS4[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee