trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #134

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, anyone just hear what "judge" Seidlin said about Juan? That he's taking way too long on cross, and it's just becoming a Juan Martinez commercial? Is he serious? This is the Anna Nicole Smith crying judge right? LMFAO....I hate HLN too. :floorlaugh:

Yeah my pet peeve is that wilmott goes on and on and never do you hear anything about that.

She was resticted by the defense team. She was told what she could view and who she could talk to and yes the defense team was afraid of what she might find out from having face to face talks with anyone other than Jodi. She is a hired gun and thats what they do.

No excuse really. Any professional would have told them that they don't operate that way. Wait...I think about 5 or 6 others did just that didn't they?

MOO

One thing I LOVED was that their so called RECREATION proved that it was NOT SELF DEFENSE. They showed TA crawling away from the killer, down the hall, and then she follows behind him and starts slaughtering him with the knife. Is that a helpful reenactment for the defense?

Definitely noticed that also. However a couple of members of their "jury" fell for the defense version.

Not to worry about the REAL jury though!!

;)

I want to know why ALV thinks that stalking victims have to be held to a standard, but DV victims are forgiven for not holding to a certain standard?

Both are horrific, I'm sure, but why is it that a stalking victim has to take drastic measure to prove that they were stalked? If there are reasons that a DV victim is afraid to leave a situation, then there are also reason why a stalking victim is afraid to rile the stalker.

As it takes time for a DV person to realize what is happening to them, it also takes time for a person to realize that someone is stalking them. It could take months for a stalking victim to realize that their "friend" is invading their privacy or showing up wherever they are, or have put a tracking GPS on them, etc and so on. Just like a DV person can feel that they can reason with their abuser and that it doesn't happen all the time, why can't a stalking person think that they have reasoned with their "friend" or lover and has also concluded that the behavior would stop?

I don't take away from DV victims. I just don't think it's fair to take away from stalking victims. Since they compared the two today, I have to raise these questions.

I want to know why she couldn't take all those things, the move to Mesa, the peeking in the window, the going through his texts, the hacking of his accounts, the incidents from her past with other men etc., an put them all together to get some CONTEXT on the stalking issue. :banghead:

Wait...she could have, but she wouldn't have gotten the "gig".

MOO

Me thinks that site that should not be named peeps has invaded HLN: After Dark jury, I read they were trying to get picked.... a repeat juror that always votes her innocent and said Jodi wouldn't lie...uh huh.

Watching HLN's motive for killing, I think Jodi is a sociopath...do they really think she'd stop killing? She's shown no remorse for Travis, we have not seen all the gas-lighting, stalking, stealing, scamming, etc. that Jodi had done yet. We might never know. If there was software that could harvest all the social media time-lines and dates from everywhere, ISP address/locations w/ Jodi's location and Travis' calendar and physical location, maybe people would get her extreme stalking/gas-lighting.
Who commits such a horrible, bloody crime, then goes gets more knives and a new, shiny gun? Look at Jodi's behavior patterns. Would you trust this psycho living in your neighborhood, around your kids/grandkids....sons? http://www.buzzle.com/articles/female-serial-killers.html

Okay, I can't find the post to quote it, but whoever posted the "Jodi's been on more weenies than ketchup" just became my hero! I've had a suck day and that just about had me rolling on the floor! Thank you!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

She's looking haggard and gray. Lately she's displaying weird behaviour. Someone posted a pic of her yesterday,with her teeth clenched and a fist balled up.
Scary shes Getting up close to her attorney! No boundaries, Leading her attorneyas to when to object and wilmott actually does obey. Are you kidding me.
She's becoming more brazen this last week, I'd like to know who she's staring down in the gallery. Didnt sky say that Jodie didnt leave her home when asked to. Instead she goes into the kitchen sat down and just stared at her, didnt speak. She than gets up and leaves. Scarry psychopath/sociopath.

I feel like they kept a much closer eye on FCA in court than they are on JA. I believe she had bailiffs nearby at all times especially at times that the attorneys were not at their desk.

AfterDark is just unwatchable to me. Their "bold accusation" phrase hasnt really taken off has it?

I watched a couple of times when it first came on ,gave up pretty quick,seems like some kind of a dumb game show to me,and I hate game shows.

HLN "After Dark" is recreating the "killing scene" with the "bold accusation" tonight being Jodi's killing story is impossible. I cannot comprehend how, in 62 seconds, everything she alleges happened could have occurred. If this were truly self-defense, and he came at her suddenly and without her anticipating it, she wouldn't even begin to think clearly to grab the gun (assuming for this argument it was on that shelf) or get the knife.

However, in 62 seconds a lot could be accomplished if she already had the weapons with her and it was only a matter of killing him, planned ahead of time in her mind how she would do it.

MOO
Then self defense is not of the picture. Bingo!

Wouldn't someone have noticed it if it was broken as a child? Can't doctors tell how old a break is...one that was a few years old as opposed to decades old? Wouldn't they finally be able to see if it was a break vs. a cut tendon? I know that Travis didn't kick JA. I know that whatever happened to her finger was NOT a result of a DV incident. But, I would like to know if it was ever broken. :)

I want to know if it's ever been broken too! I just don't want an OJ moment. Lol. If it had been broken in the last couple of years, I am sure the defense would have submitted an x-ray/medical report.

Originally Posted by lucegirl
Okay - upthread there was discussion about Jodi and the whole anal sex thing (groan) and why it was such a prominent part of the relationship. Defense says it was all Travis' manipulation of her and the "it's not real sex" thing. Whatever. Anyway -- several thread ago, someone posted a link to a blog about a person's experience with a stalker - a girl stalking guy scenario. He had this to say about the sex part of it and I think it's spot on with Jodi. I wish I could remember the sleuther who posted the blog -- as they deserve the credit for finding the blog - if anyone recalls, please "refresh my recollection"

This is quoted from: http://.blogspot.com/ (if the link doesn't work, just type it into your browser and it should come up).

"This really resonates with me. My ex- was willing to do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, accept standard intercourse. She did not want regular intercourse at all. She had tons and tons of ideas for kinky, and even perverse sex and positions, but was completely against vaginal intercourse. Without going in to anything too graphic, I will just say I rejected most of her ideas as too freaky for my tastes. She has a voracious sexual appetite, which surprised me, considering she was completely turned off by what most people considered 'normal'.

One thing that stands out was her insistence that we do these things as a way of me exploring those areas that I had not experienced with other woman. There are two reasons for this, that I see. One is she did not want to compete sexually with woman I had already been with. It was very important for her to distinguish herself as 'different'. Two, she wanted to be 'everything' to me. She did not want me to ever think or desire a particular sexual position or experience without thinking of her. She even asked if I had told my friends about our sex life and all her crazy ideas, whether we had done them or not. She wanted to be known as the girl who would do anything, she wanted to be a fantasy and to be the personification of every fantasy I could have. As much as it may sound like a good old fun time, it really isn't. She would tell me that it was all about acting out my fantasies and fulfilling my desires, but it really was about her acting out her fantasies. Oddly, most of her fantasies had elements of rape, violence or taboo. None of that interested me (I think I just announced to the world that I'm a boring lover, hahahaha)."

Should have brought that guy in as an expert witness...just saying. :moo:

BBM~

Ted B and Jodi A:

1. Both are manipulative and cunning.
2. Charming
3. Attractive
4. Change their image as needed.
5. Both wanted to represent themselves in their cases. (narcissism)
6. Lack of realistic life plan/parasitic (moving around lots)
7. I believe what an FBI profilers says vs. Doc $ and ALV.

This is moo. :rocker:

Why are we discussing Ted Bundy. He was a necrophiliac who murdered NUMEROUS women he did not know. He was a serial shoplifter who had a sock fetish. He likely had NPD and ASPD, which I agree that Jodi most likely has, but that's where the comparison ends.

Good night everyone....for those who are able to watch LIVE, enjoy the proceedings tomorrow!

:seeya:

:offtobed:

No, she didn't disappear, she moved back in with her parents. He encountered her years later:

Ted Bundy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, now I'm discussing him LOL :) Back to Arias ...

He encountered her, he did not know where she went when she dumped him. She was lucky she wasn't one of his victims.

Notice that he wanted to be in control, hence the marriage proposal and subsequent dumping of Brooks. But he NEVER forgot that she had dumped him - that had affected him deeply at the time and he would go on to murder over 36 women with similar styled hair as Brooks.

Now, back to the psychopathy. I contend that JA is a psychopath, that she is a stalker, that she likes to "own" people, that she is empty inside and that she is full of deep seated rage. Where that rage originates from is irrelevant (as was Bundy's). The fact that it exists is what makes her very dangerous.

We will have to see what JM's expert has to say about JA's psyche. I would lay odds though if she is ever released she will kill again.

:banghead:

I watched part of the KC trial and was, like most people, convinced she killed that beautiful little girl. And, like most people, was in shock when I heard the verdict. Angry that the killer of a child is free.

There's something about this JA though that I sense is far worse the KC. There's just something about her - she is evil incarnate. She exudes no positive attributes, she is dangerous, and if she walks free she WILL kill again. And again. She is different than KC IMO.

Verrrry dangerous. She's a born killer IMO. Men would be foolish to be entangled in her murderous web if she's freed.
Awesome! :great:

I am now going to creepily whisper 'My Preciousssssssssss' when admiring the bling of my aforementioned super snazzy (and free!) decoder ring!

(Can ya tell it's 4:30am by me yet...I'm really loving on a ring that isn't real but I so want one now!) Just ignore all future posts from me. I'll be normal again if I ever sleep. ;)
ETA: Tired enough that I quoted the wrong post and now can't find the right one. Somebody mentioned Jodi as being ALV's precious one though - just so this makes a little sense. But Nhic's great post deserves props anyway.

This is my third try- something must be up only when I type!! grrrrrrrr

This is what I thought:
I thought the jury instructions of BWS (battered woman syndrome) went across the board - for any charge against her. If they get that included, it will be much harder to get a 1st degree conviction. They would have to look at any charge through the lens of someone with the BWS. But then I found this - lol
You can probably make more sense of it than I - let me know what ya think.

Battered Woman Syndrome is a theory based on principles of psychology and sociology
offered to explain why some women attack and even kill husbands or other significant
males in their lives who have been abusing them
. The central issue addressed by this
theory is why these women respond with violence to the abuse they suffer rather than
simply leave the environment where the abuse is occurring or seek help from others to stop the abuse. This issue is drawn into sharpest focus when the abused woman reacts violently at a time when there is no obvious immediate threat to her safety.The explanation provided by Battered Woman Syndrome theory, including especially the concepts of a battering cycle and of “learned helplessness,” is controversial Nonetheless, expert testimony
drawing on Battered Woman Syndrome theory and concepts has been permitted in most jurisdictions
in the United States, though courts differ as to the circumstances under which they will permit such
testimony.2
In this brief discussion about the use of Battered Woman Syndrome evidence in Arizona, we will
first review Arizona law on the admissibility of this evidence.3 Assuming Arizona’s courts will
continue to permit the presentation of such evidence under some circumstances, we will then turn to
the more practical question of how jurors are likely to respond to expert testimony based on Battered
Woman Syndrome theory and concepts
Current State of the Law in Arizona
In its most recent pronouncement on the issue, in 1997, the Arizona Supreme Court held that
testimony concerning Battered Woman Syndrome was inadmissible when offered to demonstrate that
a defendant’s mental incapacity negated specific intent
. State v. Mott, 187 Ariz. 536, 544, 931 P.2d 1046
(1997). The Court did not reject the possibility of admitting evidence of Battered Woman Syndrome
for other purposes, though, as in self-defense cases to aid the jury in assessing the “reasonableness of
the defendant’s apprehension and the imminency [sic] of death or serious harm,” Id. at 540, footnote 3.
However, as Justice Thomas Zlaket observed in his concurring opinion, the majority’s
Stanley Feldman’s lengthy dissent focused on whether excluding this kind of

The link is: myazbar.org

I will delete my old one. I didn't know how to get to the page I can bold on from there.

I want to know why she couldn't take all those things, the move to Mesa, the peeking in the window, the going through his texts, the hacking of his accounts, the incidents from her past with other men etc., an put them all together to get some CONTEXT on the stalking issue. :banghead:

Wait...she could have, but she wouldn't have gotten the "gig".

MOO

PATTERNS, Kamille. We were looking for PATTERNS today. But Alyce couldn't find any (no surprise there). :floorlaugh:

Isn't she acting weirder and weirder? Telling wilmott to object and actually voicing herself. Her behaviour. Is escalating. I hope the bailiff has the remote to her thing strapped to her. I have a feeling she may act out! When the verdict is read. Ya think?
:please::please::please::please::please::please:

She does seem to be really into her defense this week. She's got the papers all over in front of her and she's all over JW talking to her all through JM's cross of ALV. She wants to "get JM" just as badly as ALV and JW do. To all of them it's just like a one up thing on the mean male prosecutor. Like some kind of game or contest. It's weird really.

MOO

If you cut a tendon, it usually requires sewing it back together, splint and physical therapy. Must have a doctor take of it.
Wouldn't a break be a crooked finger to the left or right...with an un-natural stiffness to it? Just remembering seeing a guy's finger that had been broken and not properly set, would not bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb