trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to jury questions. We'll find out what they think of ALV.

What was Jodi looking at with that death like stare over near the jury??? I see her immediately speaking to JM when the jury was leaving and the two of them looking towards the jury box. So anyone think she will try and have another juror removed????

She has been doing this for a while ... Jodi's "behavior" and "movements" are very noticeable when the jury goes in and out the courtroom ... And from what I read on the court observation thread here, the jury does NOT look at her :great:

I have noticed that Jodi always takes a "side step" to her left when the jury leaves the room, and you can see her straining her neck at times to "catch their attention" when the jury is filing out ... And she does the same thing when the jury comes in to court -- she strains her neck and follows them very intently, and "side steps" with the flow ...

Now, this is JMO but I don't think she does this to get a juror removed -- she has been doing these movements since day one of the trial when the jury goes in and out ...

No doubt, she is trying to get a juror(s) attention ... JMO ... but she "thinks" that making "eye contact" will "soften up" the juror(s) IF -- IF she has that "eye contact" with them ... KWIM ?

Jodi's has "stepped up" her actions and reactions in the courtroom these past 2 weeks from what I have noticed ...

Jodi has been much more "vocal" while sitting at the defense table ... I have noticed much more facial grimacing from her and a lot more "animation" while she is sitting at the defense table ... she is also interacting a lot more with Willmott -- and IMO, it's like she is telling Willmott what to do :waitasec:

And her "true colors" really came out when Mr. Martinez was doing cross on ALV :furious: she should have been admonished for her facial expressions and outbursts !

And now, that STUN BELT is around her WAIST and NOT her leg, which I find to be very interesting ...

JMO but I think she is a "loose cannon" about to go off any minute ... and that's why they have upped that belt !

:moo:

Woo to the Hoo!

A blizzard rages outside my window, preventing me from driving to work today, the defense rested this witness on the weakest statement one could imagine, some excellent Earl Grey tea leaves are steeping, a bottle of bourbon is at hand... Oh how i <3 Thursdays.

stacey *honowitz &#8207;@staceyhonowitz
This judge needs to gain control. It's gone from a criminal trial to complete entertainment.

btw -->I concur :)

edited to add: and how appropriate "I Concur <Dr>" famous line from "Catch me if you can"

Now he wasn't only an abuser, pedo, now they're throwing his very essence of being, his religion and his truthfulness.

This is outrageous! I can hardly stand this.

OMG
:(
fran

this is not a slam against any religion per se BUT don't they all proclaim to hold high moral standards for their memebers per say....I was talking with my niece about this just last week over an incident years ago (caused me to leave said Church)---but they all are like that and I'm POSITIVE all the members have flaws....ALL OF THEM---in her standard ALL would be leading a second life....I'm sure she could even find fault in Jesus...:furious: had to step away for a bit---this still annoys me..among others

I predict that ALV's YES or NO answers of today will revert back to an 'expanded' version for the Jury.

MOO

How much do you wanna bet that she slips and reacts to a juror question like she did with JM?

Juror: I like my wife to dress in a schoolgirl uniform and wear pigtails. Am I a pedophile?

ALV: Whoever asked that question is misrepresenting my comments!

Take everything JW said today and remove the false assessment of "domestic violence," and you have the means and motive for this murder.

From ALV:

1) "JA was the only one who knew TA was living a double life." Indeed. Now the jury knows what the blackmail issue was all about and why she was taping the convo's.

2) "When someone finally pulls away for good, their abusers can become enraged." Yep, that's what happened.

3) "People being abused frequently continue to interact with their abuser." Yes, TA did, unfortunately. He was human.

The rebuttal will be an excellent opportunity to pick the low-hanging fruit that this silly testimony left in its wake.

You see I think this is HUGE. Planning that trip to Cancun with Mimi Hall was ... by all accounts... the BIGGEST step away from Jodi Travis had taken since the break up...and the beginning of his finally cutting ties with her.

MOTIVE.

Ever wish you could take back something you said? I'll bet ALV does now.

She looked and sounded so deflated on the stand this morning. Her voice started off very soft and tenuous and she never hit her stride. I doubt that she will recover this afternoon.

Hard to understand why she ever took this case.

She was lured by the almighty buck. But $300.00 an hr is not worth losing your career and every bit of credibility you have. I think that realization has sunk in. She appears to now just be going through the motions of testifying. She HAS to keep going but you can see that she really is not into it. Just spewing forth the garbage the DT wants but knowing full well she will leave this case and with it every shred of credibility and whatever decent reputation she ha before is gone. Yes, I think the harsh reality of this has finally hit ole Alyce. Dealing with the devil never pays off. The devil lies and Alyce fell for it.

I just wish she would do the right thing. Turn to the jury and apologize. Tell them the TRUTH. That she is a hired gun and wishes she never took this case and that she is parroting the DT sentiments because of money. Then, she might leave with some dignity and a chance to redeem herself and her career. I doubt this will happen but in reality, it would be honest on her part and show the world she made a mistake by agreeing to do business with the devil and her minions. IMO.

I hope when all is said and done that LaViolette watches all the 48 hours interviews, and all the police interrogations, and all the testimony re stalking and all the wonderful obituaries and loving blog entries from his friends.

And I hope it takes her hours, and hours, and hours.

The fact that her job was to formulate an expert opinion as to whether defendant was/is a victim of domestic violence.

IMO, it was her responsibility to have done that already. Any suggestion she would not be permitted access to available information or (living!) people - spelled out perfectly what she was being paid to do. This is no accident, this is no set up with ALV as victim. She said "yes".

I don't want to misinterpet your post but I don't see anything that Jodi and Travis did as kinky. I don't see body shaving as kinky, or role playing, dressing up as long as it is consenting adults.Jodi pushed it, loved it, used it for her own gain, then used it against Travis proclaiming she hated it, he forced himself on her and this woman fell for it. When I look at her ALV I hear the words "COLD AS ICE" because it seems she thinks everything is kinky.IMO

No worries, I don't think you are misinterpreting me at all!! It's part of the reason I put "kinky" in "" because with you I don't see a lot of kinky, but I know many who will. I know many couples who role play, indulge fantasies going both ways, and I know many men and women who prefer to keep clean down there for various personal reasons. I appreciate your response and even agree with it, thank you

Oh yeah, she will try to have another Juror relieved of his/her jury duty. Nurmi has been scanning the jury for days looking for something he can use against them. They probably want to get rid of the women so Jodi can use her feminine wiles with the male jurors. Problem is, the male jurors have probably encountered a female like Jodi in their lives, hopefully a female with less killer instinct than Jodi. :eek:

I've been getting that same vibe from the defense table.
Whenever they all rise for the jury, JA & Willmott seem to be scanning the area where the jurors enter/exit - and that's followed by lots of whispering into each others ears.
Nurmi's main role during this entire expert part of the trial seems to be "jury patrol" watching. Looks to me like his gaze is mainly toward the jury. Likely watching their reactions, noting which jurors are placing questions into the basket, etc.

I suppose this is all part of their job in trying to defend this murderer. The defense has so little to work with.
I can't see this helping them any though ...

I ran some errands during re-direct so I wouldn't miss the jury questions this afternoon so could someone tell me what, if anything was said about what Jodi told ALV about shooting Travis in the closet?

ALV was mistaken when she said that :rolleyes:

timing taking license plates off like skater boys, like Jodi said. on HLN

KCL said security guards are watching JA very closely today. Wonder if she did have some kind of tirade last night.

I cannot get a caller from Kentucky awhile back to HLN out of my mind. She was severely abused, her husband backed her into a corner and she did shoot him 5 times. Now, she said it was overkill but I don't know if she was charged or not, she was calling so she was free. You could hear the emotional pain and remorse. She thought Arias was lying. She said she heard no remorse for taking another person's life, how you think of them every single day, all the time, how hard it was to live with taking a person's life that you loved. That's true DV, self-defense.
Why did Jodi do? Went and got more knives and a new gun, created lots of stories in her diaries and wrote dupe letters to family, lie-lie-lie to people and family. That's a cold blooded, psychopathic murderer.

I agree with everything you said. I truly believe Jodi was not only going to flee the country the day she was arrested with her new 9mm gun taped inside the engine of her 2nd rental car... but she had someone else in mind to kill before she crossed the border into Mexico. JMO and all of that. :moo:

:seeya: I am new here too. I so enjoy your conversations. I can not tell you how many times I have been reading here late into the night and started to giggle out loud at the observations. As someone that suffers from clinical depression that does not happen much. I must say one of the best days was when you all talked about the nude pics and so many things were talked about by referring to vegetables and fruits. Hope nobody got a time out but, it gave this girl a much needed laugh. Thanks for all the great insight in this trial.

But want to ask the opinion of others since it was talked about again today. When they play the “sex tape” did you notice that everytime Travis says what he wants “to do to her” or “with her”, she always say," What?”, “What did you say?”. She always wants him to repeat those parts, everytime throughout the whole recording. She was setting him up even at that time. What do you think?

Woo to the Hoo!

A blizzard rages outside my window, preventing me from driving to work today, the defense rested this witness on the weakest statement one could imagine, some excellent Earl Grey tea leaves are steeping, a bottle of bourbon is at hand... Oh how i <3 Thursdays.

I heard mention earlier of daquris now bourbon...heck keep the ice cream these other fun things I would like to share!:blushing:

Much earlier here, but I must say I'm right there with ya. My alcohol consumption has definitely increased throughout these proceedings (hic)

:toastred: I will jshust get backkkkkk to you szhortly cuzshh .... zzzzz

Never could understand the time zone thingy...:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members