trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why have you looked at Jodi multiple times during the cross-examination with the prosecutor, when there were breaks and sidebars, to give meet eyes with Jodi and give her a warm smile?"

The befuddled look was awesome.

She's such a light weight.. Try cooking with cayenne pepper then rub your eye before washing your hands. THAT burns.. A little protein? I don't think that would burn? I'll get back to everyone.. time for another crime scene re-enactment.

OMG....I'm dying here! Best post ever!!:great:

Jodi is in the camp with them... and Bill Clinton (lied about a BJ) and Lance Armstrong ( lied about bike races). Thank you, Alyce, for putting it all into perspective today.

I was personally offended when she put Bill Clinton in the same category as JA. President Clinton has made helping others his mission since he left the White House. Having met him, I can assure you that he is incredibly smart and very magnetic. I have long forgiven the ML escapade as it did not define him. ALV needs to find someone else to compare JA to, perhaps a mirror. JMO

Testifying to the truth and being objective is one thing. Lying, being biased, and completely assassinating a dead man's character by telling lies about him being an abuser is illegal.

There is a reason NUMEROUS other experts turned down this case. If she had ethics she wouldn't have been bought.

We live in an age of social media...this is a highly publicized case. People are entitled to their opinions. We live in a country where the 1st amendment allows us to voice our opinions.

Her decision to take on a high profile case makes her a target. She's a big girl and with 35 years of experience...smart enough to know what comes with that. If Jodi were a sympathetic defendant and there was ample evidence to show she was indeed a "battered woman", this woman's career might have benefited. She has to take the bad with the good.

I applaud people for calling her out. It's their right, and as long as they are not doing anything illegal, who cares?

Well said.

What I am certain 110% is that she spoke her way around every single Juror question so that her answers were completely predictable.

"Do you think it is POSSIBLE Jodi lied to you?"

answer: Possible? anything is possible, but it is not probable because I based my conclusion on where Pluto was that day in the line up of the stars, and the latest issue of Cosmo magazine the "Dear Editor" section, and I checked the lawn for leaves. If I had leaves? Jodi was honest, If I did not have leaves, she lied. I always had leaves...so she did not lie ***hand gesture in air, barn door maneuver, fingers in and out reflecting receptive to jury question** small shrug and onto the next question...

:floorlaugh:

Don't you find it odd that even Jodie referred. To Clinton?

The longer ALV is on the stand the harder it becomes for her to justify her opinion about the Killer. I imagine tomorrow we'll find her talking about cotton candy, puppy dog tails and The Sound of Music. (after all, the Killer has such a lovely voice)

And singing the songs from the movie. Don't forget that.

She's such a light weight.. Try cooking with cayenne pepper then rub your eye before washing your hands. THAT burns.. A little protein? I don't think that would burn? I'll get back to everyone.. time for another crime scene re-enactment.

LMAO

Steph, please don't say nothing else....you made me choke on my chili!

Bad...bad...bad girl....

Too funny.

I was personally offended when she put Bill Clinton in the same category as JA. President Clinton has made helping others his mission since he left the White House. Having met him, I can assure you that he is incredibly smart and very magnetic. I have long forgiven the ML escapade as it did not define him. ALV needs to find someone else to compare JA to, perhaps a mirror. JMO

Remember how the defendant brought up Bill Clinton during her testimony as well.

BBM

I completely agree. And, IIRC that continuum Juan presented was in fact ALV's own continuum??

The fact that I listened to the 911 recording today and Travis' friends REPEATEDLY state to the dispatch that Travis was being "STALKED" by Jodi was stunning.

So how is it that this 'expert' will simply refuse to admit this in the face of the facts???

If this situation were reversed and JA's friends were telling the 911 dispatch that she had been stalked and now found murdered, in my opinion this trial would have already been over by now.

This trial is beginning to get tiresome.

Yes, it was her own continuum ---that's what makes it so hard to believe that she wouldn't acknowledge what was right there on display.

And somehow from her SmittenWithJodi perch, she does not believe peeping into anyone's window (when she couldn't get in through the garage because Travis changed the code), crawling through the doggie door, driving thousands of miles at the drop of a hat, calling incessantly and driving 3 hours to confront the possible gf of an EX-bf is stalking.

In fact, she stubbornly refused to acknowledge "stalking" was even listed on her continuum under Terrorism since she would have to admit Jodi was actually well, creepy.

Jodi didn't report an alleged broken finger or get medical treatment, document the abuse in her journals, reach out to anyone or sound the general alarm but no doubt in LaViolette's mind there was abuse.

Travis was being relentlessly pursued, waking to find a loon sleeping on his couch, having all of his accounts hacked, e-mails sent from his account, being followed while on dates, having her peeping in his windows and moving 1200 miles to a place close to him after the break-up did not rise to the level of stalking because there was no report of stalking, no report to police, nothing written in his journals BUT he did tell his friends about it but it still doesn't count because he didn't get a restraining order.

Just absolutely refused to give even one eighth of an inch to acknowledge the possibility, no matter how small, that Jodi wasn't abused.

And insists she's objective and unbiased.

I want to know what kind of hypnotic trance that jailbird is putting these people into or what kind of hex curse she's got 'cos I could use it in my personal life. :p

:Welcome1::wagon:

I was offended when Jodi put herself in the same category as Albert Einstein, when it should have been Charles Manson! :furious:

I believe he, a very well rounded and successful man, seriously rejected her and she knew he was serious. The claims are that she still talks to some of her exs, right? I think he made it very very known that he wanted her completely out of his life forever and she was having none of that! The rejection and jealousy brought out her evil inner self.

And how silly to use the "neither mm or db said she was jealous or manipulative and she continued to have relationships with them after the breakup". Come on now ALV, none of TA's prior girlfriends attempted to kill him either.

I pray the Jury keeps a close eye on that "broken" finger. I know I watch it often.

I don't think Cancun, per se, was her motive, but Cancun with the woman he's "desperate" to marry? Yeah, I'll buy that.
She knew he was going to Cancun, he mentioned it on the phone sex tape. No one goes to Cancun alone. He wasn't going with her so...

She knew what was up.

I think the problem is who he was going with and how he lied about it being a babysitter.

that to believe anything the defendant says about this murder is to defy reality, logic and common sense. Even a non-professional who has a smidgen of intelligence would find the defendant lacking any credibility especially when what she's selling is a "new" tale about the murder which she first had no knowledge of as she wasn't anywhere near Phoenix, then which was committed by two ninjas, one of whom wanted to KILL Jodi. But, finally, she felt compelled (though no one even can explain WHY) to tell the TRUTH. You know, how Travis abused her and was a sexual deviant who forced her to perform sexual acts which made her "uncomfortable" and how even though she claims he was obsessed with sex with women, he was actually also a pedophile. Yeah, that's the truth. And then she dropped his new camera which made him try to kill her even though it had no damage at all and even though she had previously destroyed his much more valuable BMW which caused not even a cross word. But, yeah, that made him try and kill her so she shot him which made him even madder and made him want to kill her even more.

Seriously, do you need to be any kind of professional to figure out that this story which is wholly dependent on the word of the accomplished liar defendant, is not a good bet for being the truth?

Sorry, but you have to either be terminally gullible or completely dishonest yourself and motivated by ulterior motives like money or fame to believe any aspect of that story is true.

I am jumping off your post. IMO, as a professional and DV expert, she needed to do her due diligence before attaching her good name to this case. Others did apparently and chose not to validate JA and her claim of being battered/abused. I think the outrage stems from REAL abuse victims and the long fight that has been fought to have LE, clergy, medical professionals, lawyers etc. take them seriously. Money should not be the motivator here. ITA that slanderous statements should not exist, but maybe people are reacting to what they have seen and heard from this professional. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals