Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind... Found it!

Court resumes 9:30 Friday 4/12.

I saw a couple of tweets late yesterday after court had ended that said the judge revised and said 9:00 a.m. Not sure though, but I will have my feed up then just to make sure.

Hello all!

It's a great day for Travis. I loved the questions! I loved how the jurors have turned the tables on the Defense team by asking repeatedly about JA as liar, perpetrator, manipulator etc. And a couple of questions were a sort of personal FU to ALV. I think some of the jurors dislike her almost as much as JM does. You don't ask about what/where an expert witness is looking at unless you do not give her the benefit of the doubt. I was pleasantly shocked at that question. And the hidden messages! It's like some jurors feel that ALV and JA are accomplices in trying to dupe the world about the premeditated murder!

I'm so confident. I feel like skipping and singing today as I can feel Justice getting soooo close. :skip:

Hello all!

It's a great day for Travis. I loved the questions! I loved how the jurors have turned the tables on the Defense team by asking repeatedly about JA as liar, perpetrator, manipulator etc. And a couple of questions were a sort of personal FU to ALV. I think some of the jurors dislike her almost as much as JM does. You don't ask about what/where an expert witness is looking at unless you do not give her the benefit of the doubt. I was pleasantly shocked at that question. And the hidden messages! It's like some jurors feel that ALV and JA are accomplices in trying to dupe the world about the premeditated murder!

I'm so confident. I feel like skipping and singing today as I can feel Justice getting soooo close. :skip:

Yeah, the whole 'why do you look at the Def and shrug your shoulder' question...wowowowowowow.

Since, of couse, 90% of communication is non verbal she sure didn't have a reason why she did it. Oh...but wait..she did and knew that it wasn't a good one that shed positive light on the defendant.

Kelly

It drove me crazy how she kept saying that Travis, as a child of abuse wouldn't be able to form healthy relationships unless there is some kind of intervention. THERE WAS AN INERVENTION, and at a relatively young age at that.

Me too. And didn't ALV state that intervention should come between the ages of 2-10 or something along those lines?

Helllloooo...she didn't even know? She testified that TA kept JA a secret by making JA leave his grandmother's house before she woke up.

Sounds to me, just like with RS, she fit the evidence to match the description needed. DV involves 2 people, she should have gathered much information on TA and his life as well. And not just from the defendant.

K

Me too. And didn't ALV state that intervention should come between the ages of 2-10 or something along those lines?

Helllloooo...she didn't even know? She testified that TA kept JA a secret by making JA leave his grandmother's house before she woke up.

Sounds to me, just like with RS, she fit the evidence to match the description needed. DV involves 2 people, she should have gathered much information on TA and his life as well. And not just from the defendant.

K

Alyce in Wonderland was a flop plain and simple.

I like bacon.

OBJECTION! Beyond the scope.

Over-ruled. Mmmm...bacon.

PumpkinSpiceBacon5.jpg

Bacon....mmmmm bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, BACON!
(Excellent post...totally agree..)

I found some interesting links searching for "battered men" and "domestic abuse" which look like some people have twisted/adapted certain bio details and events to fit JA's story. Long and BBM

http://www.examiner.com/article/battered-man-syndrome-the-beginning-of-a-social-problem

Abuse at the hands of a female partner is not uncommon, but it is still a carefully guarded skeleton in our social closet. To come out of this closet with a dirty little secret of this magnitude would be humiliating, not to mention emasculating. The male image has been too perfectly crafted to not show weakness and an admission of a flaw could be detrimental.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/domestic-violence-against-men/MY00557

You might be experiencing domestic violence if your partner:
• Calls you names, insults you or puts you down
• Prevents you from going to work or school
• Stops you from seeing family members or friends
• Tries to control how you spend money, where you go or what you wear
• Acts jealous or possessive or constantly accuses you of being unfaithful
• Gets angry when drinking alcohol or using drugs
• Threatens you with violence or a weapon
• Hits, kicks, shoves, slaps, chokes or otherwise hurts you, your children or your pets
• Assaults you while you're sleeping, you've been drinking or you're not paying attention to make up for a difference in strength
• Forces you to have sex or engage in sexual acts against your will
• Blames you for his or her violent behavior or tells you that you deserve it
• Portrays the violence as mutual and consensual
(If you are supposed to be a virgin Mormon ??? I added this )(or...)If you're gay, bisexual or transgender, you might also be experiencing domestic violence if you're in a relationship with someone who:
• Threatens to tell friends, family, colleagues or community members your sexual orientation or gender identity
• Tells you that authorities won't help a gay, bisexual or transgender person
• Tells you that leaving the relationship means you're admitting that gay, bisexual or transgender relationships are deviant
• Justifies abuse by telling you that you're not "really" gay, bisexual or transgender
• Says that men are naturally violent

I think one of the new juror questions that went into the basket yesterday will go something like this:
Did you know that Jodi was an ADULT when she kicked her mother??
.....can't wait to see the look on ALV's face.....LOL

LAV is very biased toward JA. She showed her belligerence just like JA when she told JM she would put him in time out. I seriously doubt any juror is going to think it is "ok" for teenagers to lie, hit and kick your parents. Those things alone would be enough for me to just disregard this witness.

LAV is very biased toward JA. She showed her belligerence just like JA when she told JM she would put him in time out. I seriously doubt any juror is going to think it is "ok" for teenagers to lie, hit and kick your parents. Those things alone would be enough for me to just disregard this witness.

To add to that, the jury has heard testimony that her parents had to take the 'wires' out of the car to keep her at home, not going to school, dropping out of school, moving in with a boyfriend at 17 because she didn't like the rules.

They know she was a bad teen, though JA tried to testify she was innocent and being abused by her parents for trying to discipline her for unruly things.

They are not buying what ALV is selling.

Kelly

Yeah, how pathetic of the defense team to not provide her with the journal entries form June 10th and onward. I'm certain that much of the bad stuff about Jodi has been filtered out by Willmot and Nurmi. This bad stuff would have shown to her how deceptive, crafty and manipulative Jodi is. Someone who can NOT be trusted unless there is a HD video to back up her side of the story.

Juan has a golden opportunity to butcher her on cross examine. I was very disappointed that he did not bring this up during his first cross, but now he has another shot. He can't blow it this time. Her post-June 4th journal entries challenge the credibility of the entire journal, especially the entries from May 26th to June 1st. All part of her coverup.

imo, it's possible she does know something about later journal entries but the dt didn't go there with her so that Juan would not be able to cross on it

I was just thinking about the cash flow to ALV.

44 hours of sitting with JA netted her $11,000.00. Hard to believe the State of AZ and the taxpayers are happy with the amount they spent. For what?

We haven't even got into the part where she researched and testified in court for $300 an hour. Wow.

Its too early for me to figure out how many hours she has been on the stand and in the judges chambers but my guess is ALV is close or better than 25k for just the trail at this point.

K

To add to that, the jury has heard testimony that her parents had to take the 'wires' out of the car to keep her at home, not going to school, dropping out of school, moving in with a boyfriend at 17 because she didn't like the rules.

They know she was a bad teen, though JA tried to testify she was innocent and being abused by her parents for trying to discipline her for unruly things.

They are not buying what ALV is selling.

Kelly

BUT, some teens are like that and go on to be very productive good citizens. Teen years are tough for some.
Jodi on the other hand is a whole different story.

Well since A keeps bring up TA abusive childhood maybe JM need to do a comparison to TA and JA teen years. Obviously TA overcame his difficult childhood to become a productive adult and JA carried her troubled teen years over into adulthood. lol

When ALV rambles on about the abuse, stalking and violence that she "I am sorry I just don't see it with Jodi".....I would love it for JM to say "Ma'am....did you have your glasses??" LOL

BUT, some teens are like that and go on to be very productive good citizens. Teen years are tough for some.
Jodi on the other hand is a whole different story.

You are definitely right about that. Some are a little more rebellious than others.

Kelly

Listening to the juror Qs now. Wow, ALV really doesn't understand alot of straightforward Qs. Unbelievable how dense she is being...wonder if it is intentional or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member