trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #142

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste of time!! And look at the stress it put Travis' sister under. What a travesty!!

I would bet my last mug of hazel nut coffee that Juan has copies in his possession. He probably hasn't a chance to read them - or maybe doesn't even get a rip, but I'm sure they're "in the house", which is how he was able to raise the issue.

I have a screenshot but not sure where to send it...

what was the decision on the photo guy? my feed cut out and only came back on for the seal to pop up 2seconds later

Ok getting in the shower and groomed and grabbing all JM 8X10 glossies hoping for signatures for the Fan Club Meeting. See you all from court.

I feel so bad for Travis' family, having to sit though this time wasting junk, especially with their brother's last moments of life staring back at them, IMO.

Does a seal proceeding mean it won't be public?

Yes, we won't get to see it. The courtroom will either be closed to the public and media OR it will be discussed in Judge's chambers.

And I soooo wanted to see it, see ALV get her booty kicked by this judge. :banghead:

And for the record - Jeff Ashton ate Juan Martinez shaped Wheaties for breakfast!

I haven't been watching today... just reading here.

What ended up happening with the whole ridiculous eye photo thing? Will the defense be able to have that guy testify in front of the jury?

:please: Please say no so we can get to rebuttal!!!!

I think the judge wants to see her because her friend gave the media an interview.

My 5kpho livestream just became what appears to be raw livestream of something.....explosion aftermath it looks like. Boston marathon?

Yes. There were 2 massive explosions at the end of the Boston (my hometown) Marathon just moments ago. Saying desperate prayers.

Perhaps this ruins my credibility somewhat with regard to what's important, but I also thought Nurmi was wearing a ruffled, 1970's prom shirt and it didn't faze me! I thought, "That's odd." but I didnt think it was out of line!

The judge mentioned Rule 702. That is regarding expert testimony.

In September 2011, the Arizona Supreme Court adopted an amendment to Rule 702 to conform to the federal rule. The new language of Rule 702 (identical to the federal rule) is:

A witness who is qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise if:

(a) the expert’s scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will help the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue;
(b) the testimony is based on sufficient facts or data;
(c) the testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods; and
(d) the expert has reliably applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.

How can a family therapist be qualified to be an expert in a death penalty trial??

She diagnosed Jodi AND Travis by a couple emails, phone conversations and texts. SO wrong.:furious:

My 5kpho livestream just became what appears to be raw livestream of something.....explosion aftermath it looks like. Boston marathon?

cnn news saying some people lost limbs, omg..yes boston marathon jmo

Yes, KCL saw her say something when she asked for a potty break and made a beeline to Sam. I'd like to see ALV sit a bit in a jail cell.

Yep and I reported it on HLN the following Monday.

[video=youtube;iFNHMUVG7bE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNHMUVG7bE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member