trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #142

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that with all of his years of practice, Nurmi still does not know how to conduct himself in court.

He shows no deference to the judge and in the motions this morning, he told her how she should think. There are phrases such as "I ask you to consider" and the like. He repeated his "fairytale about the jury" again today; I know that I was very offended by that and I suspect Judge Stevens is as well.

JSS's body language during the second motion showed she had very little patience with the matter. She was tapping out time in her seat.

Neither here nor there, but would someone please get Nurmi to fix his collar?

What we have just witnessed is an epic failure on the part of a desperate defense team. A completely childish display with personal insults lobbed in JM's direction by an outclassed and out-matched defense attorney who frankly is just not very good at feigning outrage. This is one very jealous attorney who just doesn't like that he got handed a big steaming pile of Jodi Arias as a client with an unbelievable lie to try to fool people into thinking she butchered poor Travis in self defense - yeah, because I know I fly into a homicidal rage whenever someone drops MY camera...and I jump naked from a shower, dripping wet, just so I can chase a clumsy person on a tile floor and carpeted closet. Mr. Nurmi and Ms. Wilmott should be, but are not, ashamed at their hysterics, their courtroom demeanor, their personal attacks on a skilled prosecutor, and for their unflapping devotion to a cold blooded killer.

WELL SAID/EXCELLENT POST MRLANDERS! :rocker:

The judge mentioned Rule 702. That is regarding expert testimony.

In September 2011, the Arizona Supreme Court adopted an amendment to Rule 702 to conform to the federal rule. The new language of Rule 702 (identical to the federal rule) is:

A witness who is qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise if:

(a) the expert’s scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will help the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue;
(b) the testimony is based on sufficient facts or data;
(c) the testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods; and
(d) the expert has reliably applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.

i don't understand how this silly picture exercise helps the jury or anybody else. i don't see anything. he says he does.

even if there IS something there, so what? she's admitted she took the pictures. she admits she killed him.

i think introducing what's essentially an inkblot test and saying it will help the jury is a waste of the court's time. it proves nothing.

nurmi can say it's 'negatively probative' to the state's case, but it's not probative in his OWN case. it doesn't prove self defense. it doesn't prove anything whatsoever that i can see.

So the hearing with ALV is closed....ummmmmm must be a doozie!!

Oh dear....breaking news at Boston marathon. Two explosions....

They are just trying to stop rebuttal from happening. They cannot do this forever.

Donovan has removed the JM remarks on twitter. I hope their office got screen shots before the removal. The NG finger comment has been removed too.

I missed the morning session of trial, but from the looks of it it was a bunch of whining.

I have so much respect for Juan. I'm glad the judged denied the mistrial.

Justice for Travis!

My 5kpho livestream just became what appears to be raw livestream of something.....explosion aftermath it looks like. Boston marathon?

O/T YES MINE TOO.. Just flipped to FNN Shep on saying 2 explosions @ finish line of Boston Marathon.. Bad.. possible deaths..

Really need clarification on ALV.

Is she in private hearing today?

What about tomorrow? Isn't she supposed to appear tomorrow?

HELP!

She's in a sealed hearing today.

Last week, JSKS let her choose between today and tomorrow.

She obviously chose today.

So what was it they guy wanted to state about the reflection in eye in TA pic? I missed that sorry

That JA took the picture from a few feet away just like she said she did and that it doesn't appear she's holding a knife or gun. There's some guy on Youtube posting proof there's somebody standing beside her. That's not this guy, this guy sees a figure doing what JA said she did. :floorlaugh:

I see desperation but that's just me. JM saw a german shepherd.

I would bet my last mug of hazel nut coffee that Juan has copies in his possession. He probably hasn't a chance to read them - or maybe doesn't even get a rip, but I'm sure they're "in the house", which is how he was able to raise the issue.

:seeya: I think you are correct ... he is always 100 steps ahead of everyone else !

The tweets are all still there. The one about JM's stature and the one about Nancy Grace were deleted days ago.

I think these 2 days show that there was something being watched for re: ALV's testimony

If you look at the last couple of minutes, from around the 13:50 min. mark, and then go the very beginning of the next day, ALV goes right back to refusing to admit to a Quote, really hard to believe that the Def hadn't told her to stop being so obstinate <sp?>

Regardless of her finally getting a Yes dragged out of her, minutes later she goes right back, and its the one where she just refuses to admit that the word Stalker is written in her paper

BTW, the below youtube has the sidebars and time-outs removed, in the full version during the break, ALV, Nurmi and JW exit the court room and likely told ALV to go ahead and say Yes

at 13:50 -stalking/fear
Jodi Arias Trial : Day 43 : Martinez Vs. LaViolette : Part 14 Of 14 (No Sidebars)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIeUBVIWdks

Jodi Arias Trial : Day 44 : Martinez Vs. LaViolette : Part 1

[video=youtube;Ft2JUoj2eEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft2JUoj2eEA[/video]

JM does TA indicate Extremely Fearful of JA Stalking

ALV: still refuses

JM: Judge may we discuss the question/ break 5 minutes, ALV exits with DefTeam, comes back and finally says "He was afraid of her, YES"
JM, because of her Stalking
ALV: Yes

then ALV goes right back to her refusal to answer, even refuses to admit that the word Stalking is in column 5

i don't think so at all. something happened during a closed hearing. whatever it is, it's about that. something she divulged, something she did or said.

I'm am dying to know what happened with LaViolette in this hearing. It appears whatever it was - it was not positive for LaViolette.

Also, can anyone enlighten me as to what LaViolette's tweets were about?

I don't understand why they want this guy to testify. Even if they see her standing in this akward position with the camera, the moment the prosecutor has him mention tears in his eyes, this will once again only further the prosecutor.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face.. I want to believe this is a Jodi inspired move to prove doubt in Juans theory. I cannot imagine a defense team would seriously consider putting this guy up her with a speculated image of the defendent. To only reveal he was teary eyed in that moment..

overconfidence.jpg

i don't understand how this silly picture exercise helps the jury or anybody else. i don't see anything. he says he does.

even if there IS something there, so what? she's admitted she took the pictures. she admits she killed him.

i think introducing what's essentially an inkblot test and saying it will help the jury is a waste of the court's time. it proves nothing.

nurmi can say it's 'negatively probative' to the state's case, but it's not probative in his OWN case. it doesn't prove self defense. it doesn't prove anything whatsoever that i can see.
I missed this part. What do they want to introduce???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed