trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were gonna discuss ALV today regardless if she was there or not, and she had her choice of days to show up for testimony on what ever the issue is.....MO

I think she delayed her ruling on that until she read some new comments made to some rule or something.

Correct she wanted to do some more research on the matter. Specially committee comments on a local Evidence Rules.

I wonder about the world my fellow WSers.

I don't know WTF is wrong with people today. It makes you wonder what the hell makes a person stab a man almost 30 times, slit his throat from hear to ear, and shoot him all because he no longer wants to be with you and is moving on. Or what makes a person place bombs at a city Marathon to kill possibly hundreds of innocent marathoners.

WTF is wrong with people????

Every time I turn on the computer and see the news exactly that goes through my head. Every single time - WTF is wrong with people?!?

He really is anti JM. Wonder why?
Seems like it. I think he's a friend of Katiecoolady's and IMO she's such a beautiful human being, I figure Michael Kiefer must be a nice person (even if he doesn't like JM) if KKL calls him her friend.

she denied the motion for a mistrial on Juan's rock star status,but said she wanted to do more research on the eye testimony..

The judge ruled this morning, the testimony from the "eye guy" is out. Denied.

I thought she said she had to review the 702 guidelines (I think that's what they're called) for admissability prior to her ruling? I think she was going to do that over the lunch break?

Judge has not publicly ruled on the eye guy, she said she wanted to review Rule 702 update that was made in Jan.

Not sure if she ruled during this closed hearing but she did not rule when the cameras were on.

I just wanted to let you know that you're not going to miss a thing. We're going to hit the pause button so you don't miss any action.

When we come back from break we're going to hit the play button and allow 2 mins of testimony to play and then hit the pause button again. Don't worry though because you're not going to miss anything....WE PROMISE.

EXACTLY! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Arggggggggggggh

WAT still waiting outside.. says Brian was called back in..

I think that if the DT tries to put this weird eye thing out there, the jury is going to smell their desperation.

I have totally missed something.. and I've been here all day. When did ALV change her day from Tuesday to Monday??

Judge said she didn't care which day ALV showed up....guess today was better. Good. Get this carp over with and move on with the actual trial:great:
Justice for Travis.
Spankings for the "Delaying Duo".....

:moo:

For those that have margin problems, I don't have margin issues, so don't understand the phenomenon, I just have the disappearing/non-working Thanks button issue.

Anyway, a mod (((HUGS CHICO))) took care of the picture and all quotes for us and I apologize, I did not mean to de-edify your margins with my posting behavior or the subsequent quotes that continued the assault on your experience. Please carry on and write positive things about me in your journals. I can tell that is frustrating when it happens, and I really am sorry ((((HUGS))))

To answer the questions I've seen in the last couple of pages, AZ recently adopted a new rule of evidence re: experts. The judge is making sure she understands the changes before ruling. IMO this eye guy should be out under either version. ;)

I heard something about a Rule 702.... by the Judge...

does that mean anything to anyone?

:dunno:

Rule 702. Testimony by Experts

If scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will assist the trier of
fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue, a witness
qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education,
may testify thereto in the form of an opinion or otherwise.

http://www.arizonacrimelaws.com/e702.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member