trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the questions I've seen in the last couple of pages, AZ recently adopted a new rule of evidence re: experts. The judge is making sure she understands the changes before ruling. IMO this eye guy should be out under either version. ;)

He offers nothing of value. The state has never alleged that Jodi was holding a knife while that photograph was taken. The state posits that the knife became involved during the time between the sitting photo and the ceiling photo. The eye reflection does not to disprove that even if it did show Jodi without a knife.

I call BS on that! I was watching HLN, and reading here, so I was waiting on the judge to kick Jodi out of the jury box. I never saw that happen. When they returned from a break, she was just magically gone. No explanation as to how that happened, either.

No. The judge called the break for 2 mins and removed JA and JW from the jury box and moved them in front of her. That was the judges idea not anyone else.

I was watching straight through on direct feed.

TA's sisters were destroyed sitting there behind her staring at their dead brothers face.

I just wanted to let you know that you're not going to miss a thing. We're going to hit the pause button so you don't miss any action.

When we come back from break we're going to hit the play button and allow 2 mins of testimony to play and then hit the pause button again. Don't worry though because you're not going to miss anything....WE PROMISE.

When HLN first took over trial coverage the overall delay was about an hour. The last time I tried to catch up on TV at night .. it went all the way into Dr Drew Show... almost 3 hours of GD commercials!

Any news from the people on the ground at courthouse? Will there be court today?

Sorry but who is the eye guy...and has anything happened today? Sorry I am outta town and can't follow all day...

Please if this has been discussed, im sorry however... didnt the killer say she was kneeling when the camera dropped?? how is this new eye pix supposed to help. Even Nurmi said it supported the evidence. WTH?

Does the DT have any other witnesses? Would Juan's rebuttal start today if we ever get back in court?

I thought I read the defense had one more witness, but now I'm not so sure. Hopefully someone else will know. If we get to rebuttal this week it will be awesome!!!

I thought I read the defense had one more witness, but now I'm not so sure. Hopefully someone else will know. If we get to rebuttal this week it will be awesome!!!

I think the witness was going to be this bryan guy..

HLN is now showing the Judge DENY WHACK Nurmi regarding Juan being a rock star. (jealous much <modsnip>?)

I can't see him giving up on the mistrial requests until she is sentenced! That, after all, is her only hope. It may be annoying, but he is zealously defending his client, whether he likes her or not.
I think this trial needs to get over with and I think they never should have televised it. jmo and all that jazz! :seeya:

IMO
Nurmi is zealously defending himself now in preperation for JA's appeals.
One of which will definately be defective defense council.
Face it...
Nurmi is a wannabe and is no comparrison to:
"The Great One"
And Nurmi knows this.
Michael Skakel is doing that to Sherman now..

No... Nurmi is not doing this for JA's sake..
He's saving his own a$$.

Sorry but who is the eye guy...and has anything happened today? Sorry I am outta town and can't follow all day...

Eye guy is Brian....Defense trying to get him qualified as an expert on the pic of Travis. Says he can see person reflected in Travis' eye.

Defense motion for mistrial DENIED.

Waiting for closed hearing about ALV to be over. Supposed to have some testimony today but nothing yet.

Judge has not publicly ruled on the eye guy, she said she wanted to review Rule 702 update that was made in Jan.

Not sure if she ruled during this closed hearing but she did not rule when the cameras were on.
Can I ask...what eye guy?

ETA: nevermind...lol. Read above.

So whatever ALV did it was a biggie. This is a long hearing.

Re did they say Travis was crying: Well, they didn't use the c word; the expert referred to his "basal tears." Basal tears naturally clean & lube our eyes & are also produced in times of awe, surprise, sadness, etc. (Thank you, Wikipedia). For whatever reason, tears were there & caused the reflection but how sad & unfortunate the family had to hear about Travis' Tears.

It's up on Youtube all ready, in the likelihood I mess up the link:

36.00: expert describes how he does what he does; then,
Nurmi asks expert, so isn't this what he did here with TA's pic.

37:00 "No.....it was impossible to do actually what you would do with uh Mr. Alexander is you would actually have to map the eye to get uh an exact curvature because uhhh what you've got is basal tears which cover the cornea causing the reflection...."
http://http://youtu.be/J-_cfpaDs7w

Two things.

There are over 104,000 views for today's thread!!!! Amazing!

Also, I was reading JA's tweets and I hadn't seen this one before. Apologies if it's been posted before, but here it is. Very interesting:

I'm very grateful that Gus Searcy had the courage to separate himself from the masses and stay true to his own convictions.

For those who care and were here earlier today. DD MADE THE CHEER SQUAD!:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member