trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there weren't any jurors hanging their hat on the theory that she had the gun or knife when that pic was taken.

Would they change their belief that she was guilty if Juan says she pulled the weapon out 2 seconds later than that?

I think you're right! I think that she dropped the camera and he may even have bent over to try to pick it up and that's when she started stabbing him.

Yes, JM could have easily brought in the fact the defendant said she was crouching and taking photos when she was attacked and this photo with the stick figure drawings around it shows her standing up. There is no way to know when she got the weapon because there are pics that followed.

This one frame means very little for the DT when you think about it. It wouldn't have hurt the Pros at all.

Yeah, it could have left the jury thinking BUT they have some really logical thinkers, people who are putting the pieces together. One of them would have realized it meant nothing and would have been able to say so. I really believe that.

K

I'm confused...doesn't JM agreeing to the stipulation that she WAS NOT holding any kind of weapon in that pic mean that she had no weapon at that time and the jury has to take that as fact. Hence, her getting the gun in his closet becomes more plausible and self defense thereof...omg I am so nervous...please set me straight!!! PLEASE!:please::please:

No. You can bet she had at least one weapon on her person, in her pocket probably.

She may have had a weapon at her feet. In her sock. On the bathroom counter.

Don't panic. LOL

ODG, HLN THs saying what a GR8 win for DT. Blech....

There may not have been a weapon in Jodi's hand during the picture in question, but that next pic that was taken of Travis's lower half...I bet she had something in her hand during that photo.

But it was the smart move, to avoid having the jurors speculate about what they thought they could see in the obviously vague image. And not only was it smart to avoid jurors seeing whatever they could find in the photo, by stipulating that it shows she is unarmed it begs them to disagree -- and I suspect a lot of them will do precisely that. They will look at that picture and say, "there's no way i can tell whether she does or does not have a weapon by looking at that picture." So in one fell swoop, Juan nullified the utility of the evidence.

:cow:

I agree. Still, as a juror, I'd be dying to know what they knew about that particular photo. If they only knew Juan saved a week of pointless testimony...

I don't quite understand how this is a "huge win" for the defense. I would think if Jodi were holding a gun or a knife while those pics were being taken (at least when she started taking the pics), Travis would've had a different demeanor in all of them. I'm not in the camp that she was holding the gun on him in order for him to get in there in the first place. I think her whole plan, from the beginning, was to get him in the shower so he would be vulnerable and she could attack him. She could have had the weapons anywhere on her or even hidden somewhere near the shower out of his line of sight.

The defense wanted this man to testify about this pic, but he didn't so I view that as a loss for them. JMO.

One thing I learned today is that, IMO, Judge Stephens really like JM and is growing impatient with the DT.

Isnt that just like laviolette to blame the male prosecutor for intimidating her instead of owning her own cv lies, inability to answer yes or no.

He is alive in this photo. Can't be last one. He would have knife wound, a bullet in his temple and blood all over him. I think this is when he first saw her, after he thought she was gone. And I believe he was terrified because she had a knife in her hand. My theory. Because I am in the camp believing stab wounds came first. Gunshot last. I believe Juan knows this too. I don't think testimony from cameras guy would have hurt a thing, but he had already testified for the state, so JM gave this one to DT.
BBM I agree with this part.

which would mean this goofy testimony would have been presented to the jury and Juan would have completely nullified it. Now I can honestly see Juan preferring that, as, to me, this is crazy land testimony that makes the DT look desperate and a little nutty. I'm curious as to why Juan didn't want it in. Besides the fact it clearly doesn't qualify as "expert" testimony. Maybe he is just feeling for the jury and wanting to get this show concluded which wouldn't be a bad thing. But I don't see any way this stuff hurts Juan's case and obviously neither does he.

TH's get paychecks to say drastic stuff.

If Juan thought it was relevant in ANY way he would have argued it tooth and nail.

IMHO, Juan conceded out of respect for the jury - he wants to get the show on the road and must have figured (like most of us here) that the point the DT was trying to make re the photo was moot. Again, MOO.

I dont understand then what a stipulation is then..:banghead:

A stipulation is just an agreement between both sides to avoid arguing the issue in court.

In this case it means nothing and JM knows it. He has this case wrapped up.

I remember when we bought the TV and the DVD player, we had to have a special HDMI cord because the DVD player is 3D. I'm trying to figure out if I need to connect my computer to the TV in order to do this. I can get lots of internet stuff because it's already on there. I've got to do some research right now. I may need to get back with you for some help!

Very easy....just plug in hdmi cord from computer to TV.....then be sure you are on the right choice...are you plugged into video signal 1, 2, 3, or 4. You choose that with your TV remote. No dvd needed.

I don't quite understand how this is a "huge win" for the defense. I would think if Jodi were holding a gun or a knife while those pics were being taken (at least when she started taking the pics), Travis would've had a different demeanor in all of them. I'm not in the camp that she was holding the gun on him in order for him to get in there in the first place. I think her whole plan, from the beginning, was to get him in the shower so he would be vulnerable and she could attack him. She could have had the weapons anywhere on her or even hidden somewhere near the shower out of his line of sight.

The defense wanted this man to testify about this pic, but he didn't so I view that as a loss for them. JMO.

One thing I learned today is that, IMO, Judge Stephens really like JM and is growing impatient with the DT.

And to wash off any DNA of hers from their prior sexual encounters that day.

big deal.

so all that for a stipulation. what's the time on that photo and the one of the ceiling?

somewhere in between those 2, she DID get a weapon. so that was much ado about nothing.

i just want to know if alyce got in trouble. other than that, the day was a total bust.

SHE had 44 seconds, I think, between the photo of Travis' face and the crazy camera dropped photo of the light above the shower. She had plenty of time to pull out the knife and/or the gun. This doesn't change anything. What it does do is STOP the DT from putting the Eye Guy on and wasting another 7 or 8 days of our TIME.

Would they change their belief that she was guilty if Juan says she pulled the weapon out 2 seconds later than that?

Probably not, I just get nervous! It's only 3:30 in AZ ...someone on EST have a drink for me!

I think JM conceded that only in that flash of a second JA didn't have a weapon in her hand. We know she had the camera in her hand, we know she killed him, JM will point out within seconds TA was attacked and it will not be lost on these Jurors.

Really he just agreed to that the fact that this picture was taken when a picture was taken.(if that makes sense) That's it, within seconds she started attacking him.

Sorry, going OT for a sec -

I've tried that but I can't get the audio to go through the TV it only comes through the computer speaker. Could you pm me if you know how to make the computer audio come through the TV?
Go to Control Panel;Hardware & Sound; Audio; Audio Devices and make sure your TV is the default setting !!

But it was the smart move, to avoid having the jurors speculate about what they thought they could see in the obviously vague image. And not only was it smart to avoid jurors seeing whatever they could find in the photo, by stipulating that it shows she is unarmed it begs them to disagree -- and I suspect a lot of them will do precisely that. They will look at that picture and say, "there's no way i can tell whether she does or does not have a weapon by looking at that picture." So in one fell swoop, Juan nullified the utility of the evidence.

:cow:

Great observation and makes perfect sense. Thanks!! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members