trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this would be better for the defense if she hadn't admitted to the murder. No way on earth is this self defense regardless of when she held what. Hope alyce got some sort of reprimand or come uppance.

SHE had 44 seconds, I think, between the photo of Travis' face and the crazy camera dropped photo of the light above the shower. She had plenty of time to pull out the knife and/or the gun. This doesn't change anything. What it does do is STOP the DT from putting the Eye Guy on and wasting another 7 or 8 days of our TIME.

There's nothing to say that the camera was being dropped when the ceiling photo was taken. It could just be another inadvertent snapshot. Jodi already admits that the sitting photo before it was also an "accident".

Probably not, I just get nervous! It's only 3:30 in AZ ...someone on EST have a drink for me!

Is wine ok or would you prefer a Grey Goose Martini??? Makes no diff to me.

I am in CST but hey it is almost 6:00 PM.

A stipulation is just an agreement between both sides to avoid arguing the issue in court.

In this case it means nothing and JM knows it. He has this case wrapped up.

If that's all a stipulation is, then why even put it on record for the jury? They didn't know this was being argued.

Hi everyone:seeya:

I am just getting caught up and have to read all the posts but had to jump in and give a comment (it may have already been brought up)

I think Nurmi has a very poor choice in his word phrases: IE Drop dead time, now today he used Coup de gras... :floorlaugh: He even pauses like Oh Crap did I just say that.

Has how the duct tape was used been discussed? I assume JA can't remember so did JM mention it, or comment?

So has anyone see this crazy chick on youtube who says that she used to date Bobby Juarez?
She has a picture of them together.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWZmckn_j24"]Same Bobby Juarez - YouTube[/ame]

Let me emphasize the crazy...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiFyta_6nE"]Jodi Arias, Bobby Juarez, Blackmail and Abuse - YouTube[/ame]

Exactly. He has stipulated that she didn't have a knife or gun in her hand at this particular moment. Not that she didn't have either or both on her person.

Right! He said nothing about a pocket, in her sock, stuck in her waistband. He'll drive that point home if he needs to. ITA, it's all in the wording.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII (so please excuse the typos!)

Yes. She is allowed to continue to tweet. Juan was aware of the situation but is not going to investigate, as it will lead to the defense filing more motions for prosecution misconduct. I guess, during a trial, they aren't allowed to investigate the defendant? I think he would have to file a motion to have the judge order no more tweeting. He did call out Donovan in court..it was beautiful. Also, pot..kettle...black with the DT. Oh, and the DT's kettle has some more pennies in it.

Me thinks..he doesn't care, as it makes her and her DT look like fools. :rolleyes: They have no control over their client. :D

Yep he just slipped it in there to let "them" know that he knew about the tweets. Juan's the Man!! Let her blab to the world and look worse than she already does, if that is possible?

Right, which is why I can't understand why Juan would agree to this announcement.

But did the state ever say that they thought that that was what she did? I know that many think she had a gun pointed at him, taking pictures, but I don't think that the state ever said that. Based on the ME testimony of TA being stabbed first, I always imagined that she had the knife hidden until she got ready to stab him. You can put a knife anywhere to conceal it. People's assumption that she held him at gunpoint means nothing to this case unless the state presented it to the jury that way.

That bothers me that JM would concede to that, and that the judge would.... if this jury believes self defense she could get off. Just the statement coming from the judge can make it come across to jurors that she didn't have a gun on her 'person', and for some they would feel she needed to be prepared in that moment to pull this off.

I agree with all of you that say we can't know that for sure, and to me that flash/white could have definitely been something in her hand.... I think this was a big deal.

But Juan's rebuttal case will PROVE that she premeditated this attack. So that evidence will overpower the question of IF she had a weapon in her HAND at the moment she took that one picture. It does not matter if it was in her hand at that second or not. JMO

I imagine that's the reason he agreed to the stipulation- because in the end it makes no difference. There was enough time for her to whip out a gun and knife before the next frame. But I wonder, JM fought hard to keep it out, and yet.... I don't get it.

BBM
I think that was Holly Hughes' point. Martinez fought and fought just like he does on everything and then........stipulated?? Sounded like Hughes would've kept fighting to keep the whole thing out.

It was stipulated Jodi did not have a gun or a knife in her hand when that picture of Travis was taken.

That does not preclude that either the knife or the gun were on the floor as she was on her knees taking photos. We know the camera drop supposedly comes rapidly after the photo in question. It is not that far of a stretch to believe she dropped the camera while reaching for a weapon. Keep smiling Mr Nurmi, JMO you gained nothing today other than one more day for Jodi in jail rather than prison.

Yes! Or maybe if Gloomy is around.....could sure use that "retriever with kittens" photo

WHERE THE HECK IS WEEBLES! Come on Weebles, if you have a daytime job that's fine...but you should be off work by now so please start posting some happy photos. We are quite pizzed off and it would be a welcome relief from the BS of today...come out come out wherever you are...

HLN and the TH's - are they clueless, stupid, or what?

Everyone here knows that with over a minute between face pic and sitting picture. In 10 seconds she could acquire a hodden weapon, with over a minute she had more than ample time to get her knife and gun from anywhere

Yet HLN acts like this stipulation is a huge legal mistake. What difference does it make what she had in her hand more than a minute before the slaughter started?

I think it was brilliant of Juan to basically give the DT a "what-ev" on this one

Oh for pete's sake! I've wasted months on HLN, and it has drove me crazy. I also have a 46" TV with Wifi, and I watch Youtube videos with my almost 3 year old granddaughter all the time. It never, ever crossed my mind that I could watch the trial that way. I'm going to get it going right now. [/QUOTEI]

I had no idea I could mate my computer with my TV; I will definitely be buying one of those HDMI cable thingies. I don't like to watch the trial on my small laptop screen, so I've been watching HLN and following along with the WS posts, which needless to say gets confusing with the times being out of synch. I do have to admit, though, it's been kind of fun playing with my family's head as we are watching TV together. They think I'm brilliant because I can predict what's about to happen in the courtroom.

I think JM conceded that only in that flash of a second JA didn't have a weapon in her hand. We know she had the camera in her hand, we know she killed him, JM will point out within seconds TA was attacked and it will not be lost on these Jurors.

Really he just agreed to that the fact that this picture was taken when a picture was taken.(if that makes sense) That's it, a second later she started attacked him.

Agreed. Also, there's no way he body slammed her, she ran to the closet to get the gun, shot him, grabbed a knife, stabbed him over 2 dozen times and slit his throat in 62 seconds. It was planned out, she knew what she was going to do when she started.

Hope the jurors get their whole $12 today.

Haha - I agree but for fun let's calculate their prorated take home ...

IF prorated ... and a normal court day is now *scheduled* for ~5 hours per day ...

today the jury would take home ~ $3.60 before taxes plus mileage reimbursement.

:thud:

Exactly, what is a rebuttal??? I hate being so ignorant.

I hope there weren't any jurors hanging their hat on the theory that she had the gun or knife when that pic was taken.

We all know that its a little unreasonable in a trial this important to expect an immediate unanimous vote and an immediate verdict. Could happen, but its kinda rare.
Deliberations are work. We know that. Reviewing the evidence. Holding an opinion and then listening to the others....
Even if any of them are swinging a bit the other way, I have confidence that the stronger will show them the facts as they were entered into evidence and the correct verdict will be reached.
No matter how much I loathe JA, if I were on that jury I would take each step slowly and with deadly serious intent. Voting to put someone to death, no matter how much it is deserved, needs to be done correctly. I could do it and sleep well at night. But to keep my heart and conscience in check, I'd take all necessary steps to reach a guilty verdict with a recommendation of death. You know, give JA the common decency she never afforded Travis. Send her the message...you're going to die. Because it's fair and you deserve it. Travis's death was not fair and he never deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper