trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan is running through a field of land mines. Nurmi is trying to get a mistrial because of various BS that he accuses Juan of. And two jurors have been kicked off already, and Juan risks losing more from tedium and boredom and anger. So imo, he decided to just take the stipulation in order to get things moving. I think it was a wise decision and I am going to support him and applaud him for it. It shows that he does not need that one tidbit, given the mountain of evidence he still has to put forward. GOOO JUAN! :cheer:

Can someone find and post a final list of rebuttal witnesses? I haven't seen this anywhere.

People are making this a WAY bigger deal than it is. Remember, the prosecution has never argued that she was armed while taking those pictures.

This is akin to saying, "The prosecution and defense agree she is not holding a weapon in the photo of her sprawled out naked on the bed." Who cares? No one said she was.

We all know she was there that day and for some great amount of that time she was not armed. It in no way undermines one's belief that at some later point she was.

I would liken it to the existence of god - can't be proven either way...
to stipulate whatever is beyond silly.

Which is funny, considering that Holly has criticized Juan for fighting so much and dragging this trial out so long. So he decides to cut this short to avoid dragging things out needlessly, and now she criticizes him for doing what she said earlier he should do. :waitasec:

Holly also criticized Juan because he had asked ALV if she had interviewed Travis. Holly said it was disrespectful. She also bragged on what a great
attorney she was - tough but respectful. I heard all this on HLN via Sirius Radio the other day.

I think the jury believes this was not self-defense just by the questions they have asked. I also believe JM had a good reason to concur to the photo.

In my personal opinion..I really don't believe she can been seen in the picture like the gentleman outlined. I think that is all speculation around the "flash" in the reflection in the eye.

BTW, JA did not look too jovial when court was in session for those few minutes.

I think Jodi knows some guy has already been on NG from Nebraska supporting her 2 Ninja theory. Actually, that's who I thought this guy was today. I was surprised he said it was Jodi, when it has already come out about the eye picture experts saying 2 people supporting her crazy story. I couldn't see it myself, so you can see anything you want if you look hard enough.
I look at the big picture and see shock and WTF on Travis' face. http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...avis-Alexanders-eye-reflection-before-killing

This is a non issue people, there is nothing to see in that photo, as well I will be surprised if Jaun doesn't bring up the fact that he could not tell if it was a German Sherpard or a Mexican Chihuahua, which I found quite entertaining as I am sure it was purposeful.

Straighten me out here. The DT gets to do a closing argument, correct? Is that when they rest? And then JM gets to his rebuttal? Or ? What is the process from today on?

DT closing argument will be after Juan's (which will be after rebuttal)

Ms. Wong (In-Session Producer) was called to the stand (outside the presence of the jury) and asked if she saw jurors outside the courtroom who saw Juan signing autographs. Her answer was no.

Nurmi tried to get a mistrial due to JM's prosecutorial misconduct and for trying to act like a rockstar w/ the media.

Nurmi was denied mistrial twice (again)

Judge was pretty pizzed at Nurmi asking for mistrial but she handled it like a pro.

An expert for DT (outside of the presence of the jury) showed a blown up picture of Travis' eye of the shower picture (his face close up) and tried to show that there is an outline of someone.

During this time, JA was allowed to sit in jury box 1 row behind Travis' family :furious:

Eventually JA was moved.

Juan looked at the same picture and said it looked like a German Shepheard or a Mexican Chihuahua, he said that it was up to interpratation.

They went into the back into chambers for hours and then the judge finally called the jury to tell them in the picture, both sides have agreed that JA was not holding a knife or gun while taking the picture of Travis.

Court dismissed until tomorrow at 9:30am

o/t There was a bombing at the Boston Marathon today.

I hope this helps - you didn't really miss much.

(((((((HUGS!!!))))))

thank you so much. MY DH was getting a little tired of peanut butter and jelly and grilled cheese and mater soup for dinner, I HAD to go to the grocery store and the fruit and veggie stand. I am not worried about JM...he knows what he is doing. My theory is she dropped the camera while getting the knife from her person.

JSS: Both sides stipulate that on exhibit # 159 (I could be wrong on the #) that Ms. Arias is not holding a gun or knife. x repeated that.

JSS: Does everybody understand? (she looks at jury - jury must've agreed)

JSS: I have good or bad news, court will resume tomorrow at 9:30 tomorrow. (paraphrasing here)

Maybe Juan is going to say she had it clenched in her teeth, like a ninja dog...:what:

Seriously, it saves ANOTHER boring day of useless DT rabbit-hole testimony...AND...have confidence in DA MAN...:rocker:

Eye-guy claimed if the jurors went to his "lab" and viewed the pic on his superior machine there, they'd see what he saw. No one but the DT wanted rebuttal delayed by a field trip. The stipulation met the DT's needs and JS's desire to survive all appeals. If it's okay with JM, it's okay with me.

I've never thought she forced him to sit down in the shower by pointing a gun at him. Travis would have grabbed for the gun long before he ever would have agreed to sit down. Makes no sense.

Yep. Travis is a big man, not likely to be very intimidated by Jodi and her grandpa's little handgun. He would have tried to disarm her!

Straighten me out here. The DT gets to do a closing argument, correct? Is that when they rest? And then JM gets to his rebuttal? Or ? What is the process from today on?
After the DT rests, it's Juan's turn for rebuttal. I am not sure how many rebuttal rounds there may be. :blushing: Closing arguments for both sides is at the end. I believe the state (Juan) goes first, then the DT and then Juan gets the last wordl :takeabow:

JSS: Both sides stipulate that on exhibit # 159 (I could be wrong on the #) that Ms. Arias is not holding a gun or knife. x repeated that.

JSS: Does everybody understand? (she looks at jury - jury must've agreed)

JSS: I have good or bad news, court will resume tomorrow at 9:30 tomorrow. (paraphrasing here)

Maybe Juan is going to say she had a knife clenched in her teeth, like a ninja dog...:what:

Seriously, it saves ANOTHER boring day of useless DT rabbit-hole testimony...AND...have confidence in DA MAN...:rocker:

We all know that its a little unreasonable in a trial this important to expect an immediate unanimous vote and an immediate verdict. Could happen, but its kinda rare.
Deliberations are work. We know that. Reviewing the evidence. Holding an opinion and then listening to the others....
Even if any of them are swinging a bit the other way, I have confidence that the stronger will show them the facts as they were entered into evidence and the correct verdict will be reached.
No matter how much I loathe JA, if I were on that jury I would take each step slowly and with deadly serious intent. Voting to put someone to death, no matter how much it is deserved, needs to be done correctly. I could do it and sleep well at night. But to keep my heart and conscience in check, I'd take all necessary steps to reach a guilty verdict with a recommendation of death. You know, give JA the common decency she never afforded Travis. Send her the message...you're going to die. Because it's fair and you deserve it. Travis's death was not fair and he never deserved it.

they can do it however they want. if they want to go through everything they can. but if they decide to take an initial vote and they all agree she's guilty of the charge, they can say 'we're done.'

i would think the penalty phase would be harder for them than this phase.

Smeck, LadyEdith, Inthedark14, AttheLake, OldCarGal,

I noticed earlier this morning that these are some Chicago area members, as am I. Would any of you be interested in meeting up maybe during the Deliberation?? Or at sentencing??
I am in the LaGrange area, near I55 and 294, if anyone is interested I am sure we could figure out a central location. I don't know how many more of us are in the Chicago area. PM me with thoughts or suggestions. I don't think it qualifies as board discussion.

Thanks.

we OF COURSE she did not have the gun and knife in her hands yet, he would jump out and run! Why is that even an issue?

It was stipulated Jodi did not have a gun or a knife in her hand when that picture of Travis was taken.

Which IMHO means nothing.

I can see a 100 things in that eye pic if I turn my head 100 different way. So it proves nothing to me. So she might not have anything in her hand BUT she could have been SAYING "I am going to kill you" or "I hate you". Pictures do not record that.

Also with the Bombing in Boston < prays to all there > SEE what can happen in a milla-second? Happy, fun day...and THEN bang....Terror! Just like with JA.

JA might have not had anything in her hands (((if you pretend to see her at all there )))......but a milla-second after this eye photo she started to kill him

She has admitted to it, so I think JM just agreed to it to stop wasting time as it shows nothing to me, IMHO....:moo:

True or not....CRAZY is an understatement....holy macadamia batman!!!! :cow:

There's one video where she says that she thinks the mentally ill can/should be cured "shamanistic drugs or herbs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals