trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was the smart move, to avoid having the jurors speculate about what they thought they could see in the obviously vague image. And not only was it smart to avoid jurors seeing whatever they could find in the photo, by stipulating that it shows she is unarmed it begs them to disagree -- and I suspect a lot of them will do precisely that. They will look at that picture and say, "there's no way i can tell whether she does or does not have a weapon by looking at that picture." So in one fell swoop, Juan nullified the utility of the evidence.

:cow:

This reminds me of the photos where you are supposed to try to find the 10 hidden objects. I am not one bit worried about it.

yeah, I was thinking the jurors must be like "whoa, I never thought that she may have had a weapon pointed at him in that picture..."

Now the idea is their heads.

I think they all have thought of many things individually just like we all have..they just haven't discussed it with each other.

Imo, the more they put that close up photo up for the jury to see the more the jury will bond with Travis.

Believe me Juan has a good reason for the stipulation and Nurmi is not intelligent enough to realize it.

IMO

Juan is running through a field of land mines. Nurmi is trying to get a mistrial because of various BS that he accuses Juan of. And two jurors have been kicked off already, and Juan risks losing more from tedium and boredom and anger. So imo, he decided to just take the stipulation in order to get things moving. I think it was a wise decision and I am going to support him and applaud him for it. It shows that he does not need that one tidbit, given the mountain of evidence he still has to put forward. GOOO JUAN! :cheer:

Well said !!

Maybe Juan is going to say she had it clenched in her teeth, like a ninja dog...:what:

Seriously, it saves ANOTHER boring day of useless DT rabbit-hole testimony...AND...have confidence in DA MAN...:rocker:

A ninja dog! LOL! Copyright that.

Yep. Travis is a big man, not likely to be very intimidated by Jodi and her grandpa's little handgun. He would have tried to disarm her!

Yes. I've never understood the theory that she was holding a gun on him, forcing him in the shower. I believe he may have been uncomfortable with it, but nonetheless, I think he got in the shower willingly. He may have been afraid of her, but I don't think he could have ever imagined she would end up doing what she did. JMO.

There's nothing to say that the camera was being dropped when the ceiling photo was taken. It could just be another inadvertent snapshot. Jodi already admits that the sitting photo before it was also an "accident".
And I swear the "door open sitting on shower floor" pix after the face shot was inadvertently taken vecause she was getting up from her squat/kneel. Next pix 44 seconds later of ceiling, she is in the process of stabbing him in the vena cava and probably he does lunge out of the shower, possible stabs on head and behind ear here. Maybe she even got knocked down; but he is coughing blood all over the sink by then and she is slashing at his heels. She gets up as he is trying to get away, more stabs in front. Then he struggles into the hall, on hands and knees before he reaches the carpet, with Jodi slashing away at his back.

This whole thing just tells me the defense team does a lot of reading outside of the case notes and is still convinced that the jurors are seeking outside input. I don't agree with that but, that seems to be their approach. One good reason to not theorize a lot on public threads. ALV definitely didn't work out well and now Mr. Nurmi has the jurors wondering WTH that statement by the judge means now. I suspect Mr. Martinez can chase that thought away quite rapidly however. The sour smell of desperation hangs thick in the air...

I am convinced as well. In fact, I think they have someone reading real time, and perhaps conveying things to them during the trial.

I was shocked that just minutes after a poster mentioned JM referring to Samuels as "MR", nurmi brought it up in the mistrial/misconduct hearing.

I can read his mind (Juan) -- Don't sweat the small stuff! <3

True or not....CRAZY is an understatement....holy macadamia batman!!!! :cow:

It was a short video....but her slow bland voice ....after listening to Nurmi drone on today....I couldn't take it. Had to shut it down....

If that's all a stipulation is, then why even put it on record for the jury? They didn't know this was being argued.

I think this picture and the witness wanting to interpret the picture was just more of the defense trying to confuse and mislead the jurors, so that they might forget what the trial is really all about - -> 29 stab wounds, gunshot to the head and a throat slashed from ear to ear.:seeya:

HLN and the TH's - are they clueless, stupid, or what?

Everyone here knows that with over a minute between face pic and sitting picture. In 10 seconds she could acquire a hodden weapon, with over a minute she had more than ample time to get her knife and gun from anywhere

Yet HLN acts like this stipulation is a huge legal mistake. What difference does it make what she had in her hand more than a minute before the slaughter started?

I think it was brilliant of Juan to basically give the DT a "what-ev" on this one
HLN literally has the crappiest ratings when there are no huge court cases.
Their ratings are up BIG TIME during the Arias trial. They milk it for all its worth. They are not afraid to say crazy things just to draw people in.

Next up for them is the Zimmerman trial. It will be the SAME crap during that trial. Wait and see how many "racial" arguments they will have during that trial.

GRRR

Holly Hughes --- buy a clue because you are clueless yet AGAIN!
Sorry, but that woman just irritates me to tears!

Holly also criticized Juan because he had asked ALV if she had interviewed Travis. Holly said it was disrespectful. She also bragged on what a great
attorney she was - tough but respectful. I heard all this on HLN via Sirius Radio the other day.

To whom???? Seems defense has been the most disrespectful with their claim that Travis was looking at boy's pictures with no evidence to back it up.

which would mean this goofy testimony would have been presented to the jury and Juan would have completely nullified it. Now I can honestly see Juan preferring that, as, to me, this is crazy land testimony that makes the DT look desperate and a little nutty. I'm curious as to why Juan didn't want it in. Besides the fact it clearly doesn't qualify as "expert" testimony. Maybe he is just feeling for the jury and wanting to get this show concluded which wouldn't be a bad thing. But I don't see any way this stuff hurts Juan's case and obviously neither does he.

I think Juan is more worried about a mistrial and/or losing jurors than he is worried about this specific piece of 'evidence.' I think he is worried about the jury 'checking out' if the trial drags out any longer. And there is always the worry about losing more to illness or Nurmi's silly accusations.

So although this specific witness could probably have been 'decimated' by JUan, I think he decided it was more important to move this trial forward immediately. JMO

Who is she? I find her extremely irritating.

Holly Hughes. She was on Trisha's radio show last night. Just before JVM came on she said the thing about the tweeting was Juan basically saying "nah nah nah boo boo, you tell on me, I'll tell on you" and she thought it was ridiculous for him to even bring it up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member