trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Judge Sherry say this afternoon whether the Eye Guy is going to be allowed to testify? I am assuming with this stipulation given to the jury, no. Which means, defense will rest tomorrow, bring on Juan's rebuttal!

HLN literally has the crappiest ratings when there are no huge court cases.
Their ratings are up BIG TIME during the Arias trial. They milk it for all its worth. They are not afraid to say crazy things just to draw people in.

Next up for them is the Zimmerman trial. It will be the SAME crap during that trial. Wait and see how many "racial" arguments they will have during that trial.

I'm steering clear of that trial! I'll tune in for the verdict....and it just better be guilty!

I think they all have thought of many things individually.

Imo, the more they put that close up photo up for the jury to see the more the jury will bond with Travis.

Believe me Juan has a good reason for the stipulation and Nurmi is not intelligent enough to realize it.

IMO

Well obviously I can't read the jurors minds, but I will say that I am inclined to think he was posing in the shower pics and that is what I thought when I first saw them.

Then I heard you guys' theory about the look of duress on his face and my mind is most definitely open to it.

I never would have thought of that myself.

"and now for something completely different"
Nurmi: Your honor we call Napoleon.....
JS: "Seriously?"
Nurmi: yeop.

Does anyone believe Travis sat on the shower drain willingly, without coercion? I don't.

Seriously JA, stashing pencils in your shoes? What's clear from this photo is that JA has become quite accustom to the prison way of life where you do strange things like tuck mini-golf pencils in your shoes!
JA with Pencil.jpg

Did Judge Sherry say this afternoon whether the Eye Guy is going to be allowed to testify? I am assuming with this stipulation given to the jury, no. Which means, defense will rest tomorrow, bring on Juan's rebuttal!

Jean C said he isn't going to testify. If the defense has no more witnesses they should rest tomorrow and rebuttal will start.... at least I hope so.

IMO this stipulation fits perfectly with the states theory of the crime. It changes nothing.

If you listen to Juan's opening... He says after she lures him into a vulnerable position under the guise of picture taking.... She then pulls out the knife and plunges it into Travis.

No one ....but people here ...said he was held or forced at gun point or knife point while pics were taken,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA! It changes nothing about premeditation--she brought the weapons & surprised him with the attack. If she brandished the weapon beforehand, Travis would have had opportunity to fight back. He only fought back during the attack, and that was only to use his hands to shield himself from the stabbing.

It was never a scenerio JM argued. I think JM did the defense a huge favor by stipulating & not making them look like fools with the photo-eye-picture. GMAFB!

Ms. Wong (In-Session Producer) was called to the stand (outside the presence of the jury) and asked if she saw jurors outside the courtroom who saw Juan signing autographs. Her answer was no.

Nurmi tried to get a mistrial due to JM's prosecutorial misconduct and for trying to act like a rockstar w/ the media.

Nurmi was denied mistrial twice (again)

Judge was pretty pizzed at Nurmi asking for mistrial but she handled it like a pro.

An expert for DT (outside of the presence of the jury) showed a blown up picture of Travis' eye of the shower picture (his face close up) and tried to show that there is an outline of someone.

During this time, JA was allowed to sit in jury box 1 row behind Travis' family :furious:

Eventually JA was moved.

Juan looked at the same picture and said it looked like a German Shepheard or a Mexican Chihuahua, he said that it was up to interpratation.

They went into the back into chambers for hours and then the judge finally called the jury to tell them in the picture, both sides have agreed that JA was not holding a knife or gun while taking the picture of Travis.

Court dismissed until tomorrow at 9:30am

o/t There was a bombing at the Boston Marathon today.

I hope this helps - you didn't really miss much.

(((((((HUGS!!!))))))

Great Summary, Veritas Vita!

I was even watching most of it on live streaming ... And your summary helped to break through some of my confusion!

:seeya:

Does anyone believe Travis sat on the shower drain willingly, without coercion? I don't.

he was sitting in the close up picture, wasn't he? she had 70 seconds from the close up to the last sitting picture (where you can't see his face.) a lot could have happened in that time frame. i think it's weird he's sitting at all, but some here say they do that in the shower.

And I swear the "door open sitting on shower floor" pix after the face shot was inadvertently taken vecause she was getting up from her squat/kneel. Next pix 44 seconds later of ceiling, she is in the process of stabbing him in the vena cava and probably he does lunge out of the shower, possible stabs on head and behind ear here. Maybe she even got knocked down; but he is coughing blood all over the sink by then and she is slashing at his heels. She gets up as he is trying to get away, more stabs in front. Then he struggles into the hall, on hands and knees before he reaches the carpet, with Jodi slashing away at his back.

I agree with the first sentence, but the idea that she stabbed him while holding the camera is implausible, Shot him in the head, that's possible. But not a stabbing. Holding camera would greatly interfere with a knife attack like that. I believe the ceiling photo was just another inadvertent picture taken while she was getting ready to get the gun from her purse or waist ban. She perhaps placed the camera on the sink, shot Travis in the head and he stumbled to the sink and knocked the camera down. Or she dropped the camera down the hallway accidentally as she was getting the gun from her purse in the bedroom.

Yes. I've never understood the theory that she was holding a gun on him, forcing him in the shower. I believe he may have been uncomfortable with it, but nonetheless, I think he got in the shower willingly. He may have been afraid of her, but I don't think he could have ever imagined she would end up doing what she did. JMO.

When the expert mentioned the tear in Travis' eyes it made me tear up.

I am convinced he did not know she was there until the pic taken right before the close up photo where he turns around and has a look of shock and surprise.

I think when he saw her he just froze.

IMO

Probably not, I just get nervous! It's only 3:30 in AZ ...someone on EST have a drink for me!

I DON'T drink but I'm rethinking that on a daily basis. This trial is taking a toll on me and I have no idea how Travis' family gets through day after day.They are much stronger then I could ever be. This trial needs to end soon.

Who is she? I find her extremely irritating.

I have responded to this several times. She is Holly Hughes. She is ridiculous. A former prosecutor who thinks her style is much better than JM. Sings her own praises. She is a legal analyst for HLN, is now a defense lawyer and presents the After Dark defense case for the "bold accusation", which I hate. That show is sick ... and I don't mean that in a good way!

She is a 50 something blonde lady lawyer analyst on HLN. I am not a fan at all. She misrepresents facts and is not really on top of this case. She plays a roll on HLN when they ask her to represent one side or the other.

I am totally disgusted with HLN. The whole network. I, for one, am boycotting.

Slightly O/T Has anyone heard from Weebles? Is her son OK? What about Zuri? Is her family member OK? Are there any others? :( Has everyone checked in?

he was sitting in the close up picture, wasn't he? she had 70 seconds from the close up to the last sitting picture (where you can't see his face.) a lot could have happened in that time frame. i think it's weird he's sitting at all, but some here say they do that in the shower.

I almost always sit in showers. Been doing that since I was a child. I treat showers like a bath, just without the dirty bath water.

Well obviously I can't read the jurors minds, but I will say that I am inclined to think he was posing in the shower pics and that is what I thought when I first saw them.

Then I heard you guys' theory about the look of duress on his face and my mind is most definitely open to it.

I never would have thought of that myself.

I totally agree. I am not one to read into pictures for many reasons. knowing what was to happen next added an extra level of distortion to any assessment people made. IMO. I never minded that other posters fully believed he was being held at gun point because that works in the prosecutions favor and adds another layer of horror...one step closer to that needle.

Holly Hughes. She was on Trisha's radio show last night. Just before JVM came on she said the thing about the tweeting was Juan basically saying "nah nah nah boo boo, you tell on me, I'll tell on you" and she thought it was ridiculous for him to even bring it up today.

What's the deal with her lately? I know she was the prosecutor for KCL's sister's murder trial & KCL really likes her. I think that it may be a TH thing--they ask her to take the defense position on the air. I know she used to have an office next to Juan Martinez for years. She's a defense attorney now, so maybe that's her on - air persona.

I was disappointed with her on Trisha's radio program last night, too.

No - the eye guy can't testify. :D

I almost always sit in showers. Been doing that since I was a child. I treat showers like a bath, just without the dirty bath water.

In a tiny stall shower like Travis's? That's what and how you sit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch