trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMV just said on HLN that the whole eye reflection bs was a sign of desperation on the defense's part. LOL At least someone on HLN has some common sense!

I have responded to this several times. She is Holly Hughes. She is ridiculous. A former prosecutor who thinks her style is much better than JM. Sings her own praises. She is a legal analyst for HLN, is now a defense lawyer and presents the After Dark defense case for the "bold accusation", which I hate. That show is sick ... and I don't mean that in a good way!

She is a 50 something blonde lady lawyer analyst on HLN. I am not a fan at all. She misrepresents facts and is not really on top of this case. She plays a roll on HLN when they ask her to represent one side or the other.

I am totally disgusted with HLN. The whole network. I, for one, am boycotting.

I'm right there with you. On everything ^ you posted.

So JM stipulated what the DT wanted him to: no gun or knife in JA's hand when she took the final photo of Travis' terrified face.

I'm not understanding the point of this? After she took the pic, she dropped the camera & started the murderous attack, so what does it matter? HMMMM...

I'm not understanding it either. But my first take on it is that we all know the Defense is all over the internet reading about the case. It has often been discussed on public forums about whether or not this specific picture shows him scared because she is ready to kill him. IIRC, posters even gave it a shots at doing it themselves and blowing up the pics to see "something". I never did...

I don't know what that really proves for them tho. So what she wasn't holding a gun when she took that picture... We all know that 2 minutes later he was dead, by her hands. I am a believer that he knew something sinister was going on in this picture. Either she showed a weapon or was acting like a crazy lunatic and scaring the crap out of him.

:seeya:

Seriously JA, stashing pencils in your shoes? What's clear from this photo is that JA has become quite accustom to the prison way of life where you do strange things like tuck mini-golf pencils in your shoes!
View attachment 32107

Image what else she may stash and where!

Eeeeewww shiver...

Was there a closed hearing today with ALV? I had to leave and missed anything that occurred after lunch. Thanks

JVM called the giant eyeball "lunacy". When JVM thinks you're absurd...

I can't understand why the judge wouldn't stipulate that the defense can put up the photo BUT without the ridiculous outline figure......let the jury see if they can make it out, why does it need to be pointed out to them?

Seriously JA, stashing pencils in your shoes? What's clear from this photo is that JA has become quite accustom to the prison way of life where you do strange things like tuck mini-golf pencils in your shoes!
View attachment 32107

Look at her, just happy as can be, doodling in her illiterate "journal"--while
Travis' sisters are in agony looking at the face of their murdered brother--his face right before he was killed.

She's not human.

I agree with the first sentence, but the idea that she stabbed him while holding the camera is implausible, Shot him in the head, that's possible. But not a stabbing. Holding camera would greatly interfere with a knife attack like that. I believe the ceiling photo was just another inadvertent picture taken while she was getting ready to get the gun from her purse or waist ban. She perhaps placed the camera on the sink, shot Travis in the head and he stumbled to the sink and knocked the camera down. Or she dropped the camera down the hallway accidentally as she was getting the gun from her purse in the bedroom.

I think she snapped the close up photo and then dropped the camera because she needed her hands free to get the knife from her pocket or on her person imo. I believe the photo of him when he is sitting on the floor of the shower is also an inadvertent photo taken along with the others.

Somehow in the struggle the camera was perhaps kicked and was left in the hallway.

IMO

BBM
I think that was Holly Hughes' point. Martinez fought and fought just like he does on everything and then........stipulated?? Sounded like Hughes would've kept fighting to keep the whole thing out.

That's the TH on HLN that is ... wrong. Listen, WE all need to be worried the minute ANYONE is allowed in a court of law to show this junk science. (i'm shaking my head again) <---lori is frustrated

image.png

I'm still sticking by that theory too. I can't imagine how or why Jodi's imagination would've made one of the intruders into a female if it weren't true.

I believe that there was a staged burglary around 5:15 (hence the window screen found on the grass in the backyard) just in case a roommate or two came home giving Jodi an accomplice. I believe they both wore ski masks as indicted in Jodi's second story and that's why there were TWO weapons used. I believe Jodi and friend might've been prepared to kill the roommates if they intervened. I further feel, Jodi's grandfather's gun jammed probably due to lack of cleaning/maintenance and gunk built up.

The ONLY reason why she didn't 'throw her accomplice under the bus' as so many people keep saying is........she was pleading for a self-defense case so she wouldn't face the death penalty. And we all know a self defense couldn't have been the true if she had planned for there to be someone with her to carry out the murder.

I also believe Jodi had a disposal cellphone and kept in touch with others that way. I don't believe she went hours without conversing with SOMEONE right before and right after this murder. I always found it odd that she called, of all people, Gus Searcy that night. Why?

So this whole 'person-in-the-eye' evidence might be exactly what Tartlemon is suggesting. Because other than that, why is this substantial? No one is saying Jodi wasn't there.

Edit to add:

Some are saying Flores only suggested the intruder story in order for Jodi to start talking HOWEVER......he also mentioned this possible theory to both her parents so it is my belief that LE really believes Jodi might've had help but doesn't want to go there because it would just cause jurors to start speculating. So instead, they are only going on with what they know and that is, Jodi was there and Jodi killed Travis

Wait ... Are you saying you actually believe that 2 ski mask sporting intruders were there acting in concert with Jodi? ... and that she has been protecting them?

Kensie ... DRINK!!!

I wonder if JA has the balls to tweet something again.

I hate to say this but HLN has just become so ridiculous. I just cannot even watch anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member