trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the jury believes this was not self-defense just by the questions they have asked. I also believe JM had a good reason to concur to the photo.

In my personal opinion..I really don't believe she can been seen in the picture like the gentleman outlined. I think that is all speculation around the "flash" in the reflection in the eye.

BTW, JA did not look too jovial when court was in session for those few minutes.

yeah, I was thinking the jurors must be like "whoa, I never thought that she may have had a weapon pointed at him in that picture..."

Now the idea is their heads.

Is the blown-up photo of Travis' eye in evidence and shown to the jury?

I'm so disgusted by this entire day that I'm going to go catch up on my Soapnet recordings. :banghead: OR watch the news about the Boston bombings.

Well, maybe I'll go to the trial watchers thread instead, see if any of our trial watchers caught a tidbit about today. At least thank them for their wasted time today.

Horace... I'm going to steal your phrase just this once.

I don't like Jodi.

BBM
I think that was Holly Hughes' point. Martinez fought and fought just like he does on everything and then........stipulated?? Sounded like Hughes would've kept fighting to keep the whole thing out.

Which is funny, considering that Holly has criticized Juan for fighting so much and dragging this trial out so long. So he decides to cut this short to avoid dragging things out needlessly, and now she criticizes him for doing what she said earlier he should do. :waitasec:

When we ever get to that point, how do closing statements work? Do they have to be presented within a certain timeframe? If so, how long is that timeframe?

That question can't be answered yes or no.
Juan probably said he could not see anything thus no gun or knife.
Just speculating!!

Let's just say (the word that I hate: WHATEVER

This doesn't prove anything. There was a gun and a knife.[/SIZE] and she used it to murder Travis. So, she wasn't holding it when she was taking pictures.

That bothers me that JM would concede to that, and that the judge would.... if this jury believes self defense she could get off. Just the statement coming from the judge can make it come across to jurors that she didn't have a gun on her 'person', and for some they would feel she needed to be prepared in that moment to pull this off.

I agree with all of you that say we can't know that for sure, and to me that flash/white could have definitely been something in her hand.... I think this was a big deal.

People are making this a WAY bigger deal than it is. Remember, the prosecution has never argued that she was armed while taking those pictures.

This is akin to saying, "The prosecution and defense agree she is not holding a weapon in the photo of her sprawled out naked on the bed." Who cares? No one said she was.

We all know she was there that day and for some great amount of that time she was not armed. It in no way undermines one's belief that at some later point she was.

When posting pictures, please don't forget the link for copyright purposes.

Please be careful when posting pictures of minors. If it's something found on YouTube, please provide the link with the picture.

Thank you!
:dance:

Something I just thought about.

If I was on the jury, and I was told what I was told today, it would make me want to question the DT's whole theory!

I mean, they know this came from the Defense side - it's their turn. And they are supposedly telling me that Jodi at this point hadn't dropped the camera, so there was no "attack" from Travis.

Why on EARTH would I think she had the gun at that point, if I am to believe your testimony????

So since this was brought up, I am going to give it even MORE weight than if you had said nothing at all!!!

SHE had 44 seconds, I think, between the photo of Travis' face and the crazy camera dropped photo of the light above the shower. She had plenty of time to pull out the knife and/or the gun. This doesn't change anything. What it does do is STOP the DT from putting the Eye Guy on and wasting another 7 or 8 days of our TIME.

there's actually a minute 10 seconds from that close up of his face to the last picture where he's sitting.

plenty of time.

it's actually MORE time than from the ceiling picture to the dragging picture. so there ya go.

Anymore witnesses for the Defense or will they rest tomorrow?

Yeah, you would at least think the defense could have rested today and gotten that off the board........

I imagine that's the reason he agreed to the stipulation- because in the end it makes no difference. There was enough time for her to whip out a gun and knife before the next frame. But I wonder, JM fought hard to keep it out, and yet.... I don't get it.
THANK YOU.
The jury HEARD JA admit that was her leg in the pic dragging the bloody Travis. They KNOW "something" happened with the knife, as it clanged to the floor <HER words>.
I think Juan is OVER this defense team, and wants this to just GET this to the jury.

ETA: She also admitted to shooting him.
HER words, she had the gun and knife.

I'm so confused! There is no way to tell and I've always thought she got him to sit down because of her gun or whatever.

I've never thought she forced him to sit down in the shower by pointing a gun at him. Travis would have grabbed for the gun long before he ever would have agreed to sit down. Makes no sense.

IMO

The only reason the DT would bring up the photo issue is because their client is trying to give a new defense that she was not alone. No way the DT would be submitting this without the direction of their client. This would be the fourth scenario

I wasn't there

I was there, but 2 masked intruders were the perps

I did it, but it was self defense

NOW~~ An accomplice made me do it. Or maybe back to the intruder story? Jodi was secretly snapping photos while the ninjas were murdering Travis?

I'm still sticking by that theory too. I can't imagine how or why Jodi's imagination would've made one of the intruders into a female if it weren't true.

I believe that there was a staged burglary around 5:15 (hence the window screen found on the grass in the backyard) just in case a roommate or two came home giving Jodi an accomplice. I believe they both wore ski masks as indicted in Jodi's second story and that's why there were TWO weapons used. I believe Jodi and friend might've been prepared to kill the roommates if they intervened. I further feel, Jodi's grandfather's gun jammed probably due to lack of cleaning/maintenance and gunk built up.

The ONLY reason why she didn't 'throw her accomplice under the bus' as so many people keep saying is........she was pleading for a self-defense case so she wouldn't face the death penalty. And we all know a self defense couldn't have been the true if she had planned for there to be someone with her to carry out the murder.

I also believe Jodi had a disposal cellphone and kept in touch with others that way. I don't believe she went hours without conversing with SOMEONE right before and right after this murder. I always found it odd that she called, of all people, Gus Searcy that night. Why?

So this whole 'person-in-the-eye' evidence might be exactly what Tartlemon is suggesting. Because other than that, why is this substantial? No one is saying Jodi wasn't there.

Edit to add:

Some are saying Flores only suggested the intruder story in order for Jodi to start talking HOWEVER......he also mentioned this possible theory to both her parents so it is my belief that LE really believes Jodi might've had help but doesn't want to go there because it would just cause jurors to start speculating. So instead, they are only going on with what they know and that is, Jodi was there and Jodi killed Travis

Yes, JM could have easily brought in the fact the defendant said she was crouching and taking photos when she was attacked and this photo with the stick figure drawings around it shows her standing up. There is no way to know when she got the weapon because there are pics that followed.

This one frame means very little for the DT when you think about it. It wouldn't have hurt the Pros at all.

Yeah, it could have left the jury thinking BUT they have some really logical thinkers, people who are putting the pieces together. One of them would have realized it meant nothing and would have been able to say so. I really believe that.

K

It sure didn't change the outcome for Travis.

Straighten me out here. The DT gets to do a closing argument, correct? Is that when they rest? And then JM gets to his rebuttal? Or ? What is the process from today on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper