trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he watching the trial with you? What is his opinion?

Of course he is watching the trial with me - We've been through several together starting with Scott Peterson and Laci and son Connor - Then we went thru little Caylee Anthony case - now this. Our opinions are the same - JA was a manipulator and murdered Travis and it was premeditated.

Why do you ask what my husband's opinion is? Do you think he has power over me or something? J/K

My husband and I both agree that JA deserves the Death Penalty. Can you imagine how much Travis suffered during this heinous murder? I think she wanted to give TA as much torture and pain as she could give - And I think she did just that. JMO.

Hey you can look at the picture like this: I think that's even creepier, but I think you can read anything into it....
Ok, that's amazing. Body position works too. BTW, is it her left eye that's crossed? Goes straight when she looks thru a viewfinder? Seems she is looking at Travis, not thru camera. Very spooky indeed.

On the .25 and otherwise OT:

I just got to handle a 25 at someone's house, and the person doesn't have any bullets for it, lol! I thought that was funny.

But I must say, if anyone knew a 25 was not loaded and someone pulled it out in a fight, they'd fall down laughing. Unless JA is saying that Travis died by a laughing fit, it's a completely ridiculous story.

I can't decide on how a loaded 25 would affect me. I'd think you could run, because it doesn't look like it could be accurate at all. The barrel is so tiny! But JA's story is that she and Travis both thought it was unloaded. What a joke. You'd laugh, really. It's like a Lucy Ricardo thing to do, it would be that silly looking.

This is precisely why I have maintained she didn't pull this gun out and point it at him while he was fully awake and in control of his faculties. He was a big guy, bigger than her and if this was truly a struggle in self defense? Nah. He'd have just slapped it right out of her hand.

Speaking of hands...Show of hands here....

Let's have a POLL: How many of you women out there have ever been in a SERIOUS fight with a man. Not some high school kid but a full grown adult male????

:seeya: <--------There's my vote.

Wow, I want to divulge way too much here but I'm a 6' tall woman. and I have on several occasions had the great misfortune of getting physical with a fully grown adult male.

I don't care if you are trained to box, I don't want to hear about your female self defense classes, (which are a joke and you should save your money). The TRUTH is that men are just ENORMOUSLY much more strong than we women are.

It's astounding.

Without going into details here I thought I was very strong and my old man latched on to me and tossed me around like I was yesterday's laundry.

THAT'S when you know you've got trouble.

My point here is...going back to the use of the .25, there is no way in my mind that I can see Travis faced with oncoming trouble and not being able to slap the dog $#!t out of JA.

ESPECIALLY if, as she claims he was an abusive male. I'm here as living proof to testify that a man who already thinks it's ok to hit a woman will WACK A MOLE with you in a heart beat if he thinks you might be stepping out of line.

I don't buy anything she says.

Of course he is watching the trial with me - We've been through several together starting with Scott Peterson and Laci and son Connor - Then we went thru little Caylee Anthony case - now this. Our opinions are the same - JA was a manipulator and murdered Travis and it was premeditated.

Why do you ask what my husband's opinion is? Do you think he has power over me or something? J/K

My husband and I both agree that JA deserves the Death Penalty. Can you imagine how much Travis suffered during this heinous murder? I think she wanted to give TA as much torture and pain as she could give - And I think she did just that. JMO.
Do I remember you saying he is a retired prosecutor? I'm glad to hear he's in agreement. I'm always interested in a male POV just because I think they have different ways than I of coming to their decisions.

This is precisely why I have maintained she didn't pull this gun out and point it at him while he was fully awake and in control of his faculties. He was a big guy, bigger than her and if this was truly a struggle in self defense? Nah. He'd have just slapped it right out of her hand.

Let's have a POLL: How many of you women out there have ever been in a SERIOUS fight with a man. Not some high school kid but a full grown adult male????

Wow, I want to divulge way too much here but I'm a 6' tall woman. and I have on several occasions had the great misfortune of getting physical with a fully grown adult male.

I don't care if you are trained to box, I don't want to hear about your female self defense classes, (which are a joke and you should save your money). The TRUTH is that men are just ENORMOUSLY much more strong than we women are.

It's astounding.

Without going into details here I thought I was very strong and my old man latched on to me and tossed me around like I was yesterday's laundry.

My point here is...going back to the use of the .25, there is no way in my mind that I can see Travis faced with oncoming trouble and not being able to slap the dog $#!t out of JA.

ESPECIALLY if, as she claims he was an abusive male. I'm here as living proof to testify that a man who already thinks it's ok to hit a woman will WACK A MOLE with you in a heart beat if he thinks you might be stepping out of line.

Even if he was seated in a stand up shower and she were weilding a knife, you can't imagine her getting blows in?

I'm hoping that his adrenaline was so high that he couldn't feel pain. I've heard people say that they didn't feel any pain when they were shot or stabbed. I just hope this was the case. Travis did not deserve to be brutalized like that at all.

Neumeister's rendition doesn't even make sense for their version of the story. He has her left arm up high and her right arm at a weird position. Yet he also says she's holding a camera at chest level. It makes no sense. And it certainly doesn't prove anything about what's in her hands (not that I disagree with the stipulation). That image is just a Rorschach test really.

Even if he was seated in a stand up shower and she were weilding a knife, you can't imagine her getting blows in?

Exactly, to my way of thinking if that happened he would have defensive wounds on his forearms and to my knowledge he did not.

In an altercation where he wasn't surprised he could fold her up like a lawn chair.

That's why I think he was shot first. He would be better able to defend himself if there were a knife coming at him.

Do I remember you saying he is a retired prosecutor? I'm glad to hear he's in agreement. I'm always interested in a male POV just because I think they have different ways than I of coming to their decisions.

My husband is a Retired atty but was involved in other businesses after that - He told me the hardest case he ever had was a child custody case.....

I can't repeat what he says about JA but we all know that Travis didn't deserve to be slaughtered.

It's astounding.

I'm only admitting this because the statute of limitations are up. I had a guy slap me so I shoved him down a flight a stairs. Followed him down to the bottom of the stairs, kicked him a couple of times in his private parts and told him touch me again and your dead. He said he was afraid of me and he never laid another hand on me. He was 6ft. and I was 5'5. There was a saying about me If you hit her you better not fall asleep.

It's astounding.

I'm 5'1, 105 lbs..........I've been amazed at what I can do if I'm backed into a corner, but most people don't want to mess with a little gal who throws 120 lb bales of hay and takes the buck out of a 1000 lb horse. But I don't wave .25 at big guys either!:noooo:

JM is by no means God, and his voice is much, much quieter today..can stand listening for a change.. Guess I'm dumbfounded by one's talking "crap, if you will" once again do you want this defense to fail so JA is open to appeals???? Seems so JMO

Neumeister's rendition doesn't even make sense for their version of the story. He has her left arm up high and her right arm at a weird position. Yet he also says she's holding a camera at chest level. It makes no sense. And it certainly doesn't prove anything about what's in her hands (not that I disagree with the stipulation). That image is just a Rorschach test really.

Look at this one, same pic, but disregard the gun notationEYE.jpg and click it to make it bigger

You just posted what I was too tired to write and post, right down to the Rorschach test. Now I have to ask a question: I don't understand why they needed to stipulate. Would Neumeister testifying have made any difference?

The fact that some are still seeing different things in Travis's eye just proves to me Juan made the right decision to go with the stipulation. One less thing the jurors have to confuse themselves with

I totally agree. No room for an excuse for 'reasonable doubts.'

I think Juan wanted to cut out all the chances for the DT to try and muddy the waters and waste more time, maybe look for another issue for their silly Mistrial Motions.

Juan just wants to get right to the rebuttal phase and give this case to the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member