trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't quote posts from the last thread.....
Yes, the original photo of Travis in the shower is in evidence, but not the blown-up one where this guy sees 3 people. So the jury is left looking at the original photo along with the stipulation that Jodi isn't holding a weapon. My point was that I'd be thinking "Jodi isn't in the picture......" It just adds confusion but like I said, with all the other evidence they have.....meh.

He never claimed to have seen 3 people

Giggle...or a German Shepard

Can't wait for rebuttal witnesses :great:

30kxddv.png

I do not believe ALV was in court today. She decided last week to return Tuesday (tomorrow). The in chambers meeting has to do with whether or not the Nurmeister testimony would be allowed in. ALV is due tomorrow ..

Before they broke for lunch the JSS specifically said they had a sealed, in camera, hearing with ALV in chambers scheduled at 1:15 today. It was not ambiguous whatsoever.

Thank you!

I saw all of the hearings before lunch but I thought there was supposed to be testimony after that. I hate when I miss stuff!

You really didn't miss anything. They came back to read the stipulation to the jury, and then recess.

My guess it has to do with when she approached Samantha.

My guess...correspondence with Jodi she didn't admit too. Something about Jodi's journals confiscated in that recent cell search

OH MY! The stipulation! There goes my theory down the drain!

Premeditation may be off the table now!!!!

How? Premeditation may be formed in an extraordinarily short period of time. Juan does not have to prove (which he has, in my estimation) that she premeditated the crime from the beginning of the trip. There are many pivotal points during the sequence of events during which she could have formed requisite premeditation -- not the least of which being during the brutal murder itself, when she chose to kill him rather than leave him gravely wounded. Slashing his throat will be her undoing. It was a premeditated act that any reasonable person would understand would result in his immediate death. That will be premeditation in itself, but I don't think that the jury will ever need to get that far.

:cow:

Seriously, if the expert today couldn't find a gun with his state of the art fancy smansy equipment...what makes you think you can? Not trying to be rude...just trying to save you some time

I believe it is alright for us "sleuths" to speculate on that enhanced photo if we choose to, however, not the jury. Thankfully the jury won't be.

MOO

also for those just joining us: while most of what was done today was under seal or was otherwise challenging the eye guy or arguing mistrial.. TODAY WAS A PIVOTAL DAY. The last straw has been munched off and it is a nub.

We may not get to see it all (re: sealed hearings) but this judge is on it and she is doing a great job. They are working. While the jury may be inconvenienced with all of these sealed hearings they are still a part of the trial and the process if you will.

Also: the defense has not rested so we do not know what will be in store for tomorrow.

I'll wait to see exactly what time Court, with jury present, starts tomorrow. You have to Know the DT is going to throw another hissy fit with Mistrial papers in hand. I'm SO SICK OF JA!

OH MY! The stipulation! There goes my theory down the drain!

Premeditation may be off the table now!!!!
No, it wouldn't negate all the planning she put into the trip- the gas cans, light colored car, upside down license plate, dying her hair, turning phone off, Ryan as an alibi, voice mails and e-mails after he's dead.

I think Jodi was holding a gun on him while she took the pictures, but it would be very, very difficult for Juan to prove it in the reflection pictures. I couldn't see it at first, had to do some playing around with the color in Photoshop to be able to see what I saw. If I find it again, I will repost it.:moo::twocents:
ALEXANDERMURDERjodiarias.jpg

That isn't Juan's theory of the sequence of events...

No, it wouldn't negate all the planning she put into the trip- the gas cans, light colored car, upside down license plate, dying her hair, turning phone off, Ryan as an alibi, voice mails and e-mails after he's dead.

Bingo!

And we haven't even heard the rebuttal case yet...!!!!

She's toast

Reposting here since the last thread just closed...

Hello all... I busted out of time out a little bit earlier (was shackled for the last 24 hrs, lol)... I promise to be good now ;)

Quick question about today, did ALV do her closed hearing and any news on the outcome of that? Or is it tomorrow?

Yes she did. We don't know outcome.

I do not believe ALV was in court today. She decided last week to return Tuesday (tomorrow). The in chambers meeting has to do with whether or not the Nurmeister testimony would be allowed in. ALV is due tomorrow ..

Judge said this morning that ALV was scheduled today at 1PM.

BBM~ :what: That is crazy! Why in the heck would that happen?

I felt bad when I saw all 3 of them walk in the courtroom.

Wonder what going on in their minds. :(

Originally Posted by Veritas_Vita
Ms. Wong (In-Session Producer) was called to the stand (outside the presence of the jury) and asked if she saw jurors outside the courtroom who saw Juan signing autographs. Her answer was no.

Nurmi tried to get a mistrial due to JM's prosecutorial misconduct and for trying to act like a rockstar w/ the media.

Nurmi was denied mistrial twice (again)

Judge was pretty pizzed at Nurmi asking for mistrial but she handled it like a pro.

An expert for DT (outside of the presence of the jury) showed a blown up picture of Travis' eye of the shower picture (his face close up) and tried to show that there is an outline of someone.

During this time, JA was allowed to sit in jury box 1 row behind Travis' family :furious:

Eventually JA was moved.

Juan looked at the same picture and said it looked like a German Shepheard or a Mexican Chihuahua, he said that it was up to interpratation.

They went into the back into chambers for hours and then the judge finally called the jury to tell them in the picture, both sides have agreed that JA was not holding a knife or gun while taking the picture of Travis.

Court dismissed until tomorrow at 9:30am

o/t There was a bombing at the Boston Marathon today.

I hope this helps - you didn't really miss much.

(((((((HUGS!!!))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member