trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic has brought up so many feelings and flashblacks for me. the one main one is when I finally had enough of the my ex DH 's bipolar 2 rage aholic episodes- his primary mode was all that verbal emotional abuse a lot a lot of character assasination ( in that was ALv's continuum was pretty interesting to me. But, but , but...the reason I am bringing this up- is that when I had finally decided to get out ( get him out) I did it in a very scripted way with much planning because I truly did not know WTh he was going to do. I did not want to be alone with him. I did not want the kids to be any where near us.

So with the help of a great shrink,( over weeks of imagining and literally rehearsing every scenario in my mind-and outloud ) I told him in a small quiet, ( indian )restaurant, in the middle of our fancy town. At the next table there happened to be a whole family we knew ( I had seen all 4 in my reiki healing practice and the dad was one a former business associate of my exes who was not that keen on) ( haha ) I told him before we ordered dinner that " it was over" I laid of the entire plan. I had packed some of his stuff in case he couldn't go home like a civilized person- I told him he could go anywhere else he wanted. The next day or so we told the kids...and this all progressed in a pretty OK way after a looong time and a lot of bad scenes.( there was hospital documentation of abuse and many scenes other people had seen and witnessed verbal emotional stuff too, many times i asked his/my siblings for support) (despite normal horrors of later part of divorce- family stuff and division of property gets dicey)
So if you are ever in a situation of abuse and you want to finally take the reigns...plan it ...and take control and know lots of people are out there to support and protect you. And do it in a public place!

:seeya:

I'm glad you are out and safe...!

I found the post with the link but I don't know how to copy it over here - :blushing:

It's post #892 from earlier this morning by Nhic. It's on page 36 I believe.

BBM....

Hi jojomonkey! All you have to do is "quote" the post, copy and cut it, then back out instead of post. Then you quote the next post and copy and paste it in there.

Here is Nhic's post that you wanted to move over...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZR7121Gf-s&feature=youtu.be

JM says ALV should be upset, "based on what was uncovered at that hearing" (yesterday's sealed hearing) :what::what:

Will we ever find out what was uncovered?

Well Gauntlet, ...it's a little bit spacey, but probably better than the UPS guy, cuz, apparently he has women everywhere.....:floorlaugh:

It wasn't me after the UPS guy. I have Juan 1st, Bus Driver 2nd and Man in the Moon 3rd. Bus Driver's fidelity is serious in question though.

Her diary seized on April 1st by the prison officials???????

:seeya: Yes it was ... and sure would luv to know WHY ! Sure would luv to read that Diary/Journal !

JMO but no doubt she is a "bad girl" in :jail: ... she has a "rap sheet" in :jail: by hiding and stealing pens, unauthorized creams, and other problems ...

:moo:

I agree. I think the in chambers that was part of today's hearing was the one with Samatha when she approached her - which I do think was dealt with and is a closed issue (except for the pain it left the family). I think ALV will be back tomorrow as I think the judge said something about the issue at 1 or 1:30. That is the new ALV issue, I bet. All just speculation.

On other news, Strawberry's dog did it - call nurmi!

Night all - see you behind the same keyboard on the flip side! :seeya: Dream tonight: This little guy! LOL

Funny--I see Jodi Arias sitting on Death Row about to be executed!

:seeya: Yes it was ... and sure would luv to know WHY ! Sure would luv to read that Diary/Journal !

JMO but no doubt she is a "bad girl" in :jail: ... she has a "rap sheet" in :jail: by hiding and stealing pens, unauthorized creams, and other problems ...

I wouldn't believe a word she wrote.

I agree but believe testimony will not be tossed. It's big. Juan uncovered something very damaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree on ALV being tossed [Impeached], though I also believe that would include her testimony, at the very least any "Opinions" she gave that she isn't qualified to give. I hope you all read the link that gave what was needed to impeach an expert witness. One of about 5 items is needed, and IMO ALV hits on all of them.

http://www.crossexam.com/impeaching-an-expert-witness.html

Impeachment of an expert witness

I don't know if its OK to link to another website, but the one I would link to gave a detailed explanation by legals

I'll paste one of the 5

Inconsistency is another reason for impeachment, and is generally the easiest to prove. If the expert witness has previously made two or more conflicting statements, or if prior testimony is in conflict with the testimony being offered during the current proceedings, a strong case for impeachment due to inconsistency can be made. Previous statements, such as those on affidavits, sworn statements, or previous depositions, should always be thoroughly reviewed prior to the beginning of testimony by an expert witness. Contradictions or inconsistencies made during the current testimony can also be used as grounds for impeachment.

Juan brought up inconsistency today as well. He made sure to get the change in her story about where Jodi was when she shot Travis into the record one more time today. On several other occasions he specifically said, “isn’t that inconsistent with your previous testimony?” Alyce has recently stated she had ‘mispoken’ enough times that we actually jokingly use the word ‘mispoken’ in the same way Alyce did. “I misspoken.”

BBM. Sorry, I didn't see the proceedings yesterday. Who is the "she" who was upset? ALV? Was she there?

I typed that wrong, Juan said ALV was upset about what was brought up in the hearing and that she should be upset about it.

I am convinced Jodi was abused in her own mind...she verbaly abused herself ...Proff in the investigation tapes when she was fussing at herself for no makeup

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

I am seriously wondering if she actually has a Masters Degree. She may have taken courses towards it but I wonder if she ever actually completed them and got the degree. That would be big and would be devasting to her personally and professionally if that were to come out I'm sure.

MOO

ITA. Juan hinted around about her education--he does that so brilliantly! He'll bring up points with the witness that seem to be going in a certain direction & then he'll go another way. Instead of destroying ALV totally on the stand, he just let her know that HE knows her secret. I love that guy!

I actually think, given the circumstance the DT is doing a good job. They didnt pick her to defend...............remember

Given all the options including insanity, I can't agree they are doing a good jog considering the option they chose, on its face, necessitates unnecessarily trashing the good name erroneously of this murder victim, Travis Alexander.

But I agree they are doing a good job leading Jodi Arias toward incarceration.

Jmo

I have been wondering if Jodi did not talk Travis into kneeing for all the last photos so she could get a "good" overhead shot angle on his back, etc.

Her diary seized on April 1st by the prison officials???????

I doubt Einstein's latest journal (the one found in her cell in April) will have much truth in it. I'm sure it is as doctored as her previous ones. She would be fairly certain that sooner or later this latest journal would be found. So in this one she's probably written more lies.

I'm with the others who suspect that the whopper about ALV is that JM discovered she lied on her cv or is not as fully educated as she claims. In other words, her reputation as an expert is based on lies. :moo:

ITA. Juan hinted around about her education--he does that so brilliantly! He'll bring up points with the witness that seem to be going in a certain direction & then he'll go another way. Instead of destroying ALV totally on the stand, he just let her know that HE knows her secret. I love that guy!

I agree, he is brilliant in his method. I would not, however, like to be his partner and get in an argument with him - I have a feeling I would always lose.

I am convinced Jodi was abused in her own mind...she verbaly abused herself ...Proff in the investigation tapes when she was fussing at herself for no makeup

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

I mean this respectfully but do you really think saying to yourself "gosh you could have at least done your makeup" is verbal abuse or even out of the ordinary self-talk? Given the circumstances it is extremely bizarre but... She's a narcissist, I believe she only thinks great things about herself
Moo! :)
Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I do agree on ALV being tossed [Impeached], though I also believe that would include her testimony, at the very least any "Opinions" she gave that she isn't qualified to give. I hope you all read the link that gave what was needed to impeach an expert witness. One of about 5 items is needed, and IMO ALV hits on all of them.

http://www.crossexam.com/impeaching-an-expert-witness.html

Impeachment of an expert witness

I don't know if its OK to link to another website, but the one I would link to gave a detailed explanation by legals

I'll paste one of the 5

Inconsistency is another reason for impeachment, and is generally the easiest to prove. If the expert witness has previously made two or more conflicting statements, or if prior testimony is in conflict with the testimony being offered during the current proceedings, a strong case for impeachment due to inconsistency can be made. Previous statements, such as those on affidavits, sworn statements, or previous depositions, should always be thoroughly reviewed prior to the beginning of testimony by an expert witness. Contradictions or inconsistencies made during the current testimony can also be used as grounds for impeachment.

Juan brought up inconsistency today as well. He made sure to get the change in her story about where Jodi was when she shot Travis into the record one more time today. On several other occasions he specifically said, “isn’t that inconsistent with your previous testimony?” Alyce has recently stated she had ‘mispoken’ enough times that we actually jokingly use the word ‘mispoken’ in the same way Alyce did. “I misspoken.”

IMO impeaching an expert is the goal of cross examination. No reason to toss her testimony. Just means Juan's cross was very effective.

We watch the Sneiderman trial out of Atlanta. Look it up. Another manipulating oddball...

That's the one I'm waiting for! I watched the Hemy Neuman trial, and I have never seen a more hateful person than AS.

I think Juan said "Mexican Chihuahua" to get her goat. I think he believes she is ashamed of her Mexican heritage (I do too) and she prefers to portray herself as Caucasian. I think Juan is proud and this is part of Jodi that pizzes him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth