trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #144

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Anthony trial I cried for 2 weeks because of the verdict. This is the first trial since that I got caught up in. I am hoping the joy of seeing justice served in this case will allow me to become more active again in websluthing.

I was in shock for weeks after that verdict too - we all were. Talk about PTSD I think we all experienced it to a degree. This is the first case I've followed as closely since then too. Before that it was Scott Peterson. Hmmm, seems to be a theme of me getting caught up in trials where the defendent is a sociopath.

I agree but believe testimony will not be tossed. It's big. Juan uncovered something very damaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her diary seized on April 1st by the prison officials???????

I just hope whatever was uncovered doesn't risk the whole trial somehow. The judge looked very distressed.

I read her face as she was trying hard to keep from looking biased. She made it abundantly clear she had Juan's back on the ALV mistrial thing.

jojo, I missed most of yesterday.....would you mind posting what was the circumstances surrounding this?? What was going on? Was this in response to another statement? TIA

I didn't see much video yesterday but there was a clip someone here linked to on youtube, it's of Juan speaking before the judge yesterday and mentioning what he brought up in the sealed hearing with ALV. She stated she was upset about it and that she should be upset about it. We're all left to guess at what it was of course. If I can find the original post I will get you the link.

To me, it looks like he is posing in several of the photos. I can't get it straight in my head how that whole picture-taking scenario played out. How did she convince him to let her take the shower photos? Drives me batty :banghead:

There were a number of things she convinced him to do which he likely would not have otherwise done. Things that he had never done with anyone else, and would never do again. :(

Libido is a powerful driver for a healthy, normal, 30 year-old, heterosexual male.

Ironically, a pedophile would have had little to no interest in Jodi Ann Arias, the nymphomaniac who lived for nothing more than a dildo with a heartbeat, according to Travis.

The heterosexual encounters, the memories, and the anticipations thereof were the only adhesives in that relationship -- from TA's perspective -- especially by 2008.

I just hope whatever was uncovered doesn't risk the whole trial somehow. The judge looked very distressed.

Sorry to sound so nosy! :facepalm:

Are you referring to the hearing yesterday? Do you think we'll find out what it was for?? :please:

I was in shock for weeks after that verdict too - we all were. Talk about PTSD I think we all experienced it to a degree. This is the first case I've followed as closely since then too. Before that it was Scott Peterson. Hmmm, seems to be a theme of me getting caught up in trials where the defendent is a sociopath.

Same thing with me. I have little faith in our justice system. I hope this trial brings some of that back.

Her diary seized on April 1st by the prison officials???????

That's what I think.

Would love to hear that Jodi wrote of their "meetings" and have Juan ask her today on that stand.

I can image ALV saying in defense of herself..."who are you gong to believe Juan? Me or a chronic liar?" Roflmao

I agree but believe testimony will not be tossed. It's big. Juan uncovered something very damaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seriously wondering if she actually has a Masters Degree. She may have taken courses towards it but I wonder if she ever actually completed them and got the degree. That would be big and would be devasting to her personally and professionally if that were to come out I'm sure.

MOO

I didn't see much video yesterday but there was a clip someone here linked to on youtube, it's of Juan speaking before the judge yesterday and mentioning what he brought up in the sealed hearing with ALV. She stated she was upset about it and that she should be upset about it. We're all left to guess at what it was of course. If I can find the original post I will get you the link.

BBM. Sorry, I didn't see the proceedings yesterday. Who is the "she" who was upset? ALV? Was she there?

What happens when this trial ends and we have to go cold turkey? Seriously, this is the first trial I've followed here, so what do y'all do next? :eek:
Eventually another case grabs your heart and you get invested all over again - usually only after saying 'Never again'. ;)

Expect withdrawal and a persistent feeling of needing to be someplace for several weeks after a conviction, though. I find chocolate helps. :biggrin:

jojo, I missed most of yesterday.....would you mind posting what was the circumstances surrounding this?? What was going on? Was this in response to another statement? TIA

I found the post with the link but I don't know how to copy it over here - :blushing:

It's post #892 from earlier this morning by Nhic. It's on page 36 I believe.

I agree. I think the in chambers that was part of today's hearing was the one with Samatha when she approached her - which I do think was dealt with and is a closed issue (except for the pain it left the family). I think ALV will be back tomorrow as I think the judge said something about the issue at 1 or 1:30. That is the new ALV issue, I bet. All just speculation.

On other news, Strawberry's dog did it - call nurmi!

Look inside the blue and green orb.
See a little white dog running on the grass with blue sky above? Black nose and eyes? LOL.
Nope. Don't see Jodi.

This is precisely why I have maintained she didn't pull this gun out and point it at him while he was fully awake and in control of his faculties. He was a big guy, bigger than her and if this was truly a struggle in self defense? Nah. He'd have just slapped it right out of her hand.

Speaking of hands...Show of hands here....

Let's have a POLL: How many of you women out there have ever been in a SERIOUS fight with a man. Not some high school kid but a full grown adult male????

:seeya: <--------There's my vote.

Wow, I want to divulge way too much here but I'm a 6' tall woman. and I have on several occasions had the great misfortune of getting physical with a fully grown adult male.

I don't care if you are trained to box, I don't want to hear about your female self defense classes, (which are a joke and you should save your money). The TRUTH is that men are just ENORMOUSLY much more strong than we women are.

It's astounding.

Without going into details here I thought I was very strong and my old man latched on to me and tossed me around like I was yesterday's laundry.

THAT'S when you know you've got trouble.

My point here is...going back to the use of the .25, there is no way in my mind that I can see Travis faced with oncoming trouble and not being able to slap the dog $#!t out of JA.

ESPECIALLY if, as she claims he was an abusive male. I'm here as living proof to testify that a man who already thinks it's ok to hit a woman will WACK A MOLE with you in a heart beat if he thinks you might be stepping out of line.

I don't buy anything she says.

This topic has brought up so many feelings and flashblacks for me. the one main one is when I finally had enough of the my ex DH 's bipolar 2 rage aholic episodes- his primary mode was all that verbal emotional abuse a lot a lot of character assasination ( in that was ALv's continuum was pretty interesting to me. But, but , but...the reason I am bringing this up- is that when I had finally decided to get out ( get him out) I did it in a very scripted way with much planning because I truly did not know WTh he was going to do. I did not want to be alone with him. I did not want the kids to be any where near us.

So with the help of a great shrink,( over weeks of imagining and literally rehearsing every scenario in my mind-and outloud ) I told him in a small quiet, ( indian )restaurant, in the middle of our fancy town. At the next table there happened to be a whole family we knew ( I had seen all 4 in my reiki healing practice and the dad was one a former business associate of my exes who was not that keen on) ( haha ) I told him before we ordered dinner that " it was over" I laid of the entire plan. I had packed some of his stuff in case he couldn't go home like a civilized person- I told him he could go anywhere else he wanted. The next day or so we told the kids...and this all progressed in a pretty OK way after a looong time and a lot of bad scenes.( there was hospital documentation of abuse and many scenes other people had seen and witnessed verbal emotional stuff too, many times i asked his/my siblings for support) (despite normal horrors of later part of divorce- family stuff and division of property gets dicey)
So if you are ever in a situation of abuse and you want to finally take the reigns...plan it ...and take control and know lots of people are out there to support and protect you. And do it in a public place!

:seeya:

Afternoon

T - 2 hours and 49 minutes ish.

I have decided to have a relationship with the man on the moon. That makes it official right?

Well Gauntlet, ...it's a little bit spacey, but probably better than the UPS guy, cuz, apparently he has women everywhere.....:floorlaugh:

I am seriously wondering if she actually has a Masters Degree. She may have taken courses towards it but I wonder if she ever actually completed them and got the degree. That would be big and would be devasting to her personally and professionally if that were to come out I'm sure.

MOO

Maybe she bought it from a diploma mill??

MOO

Whatever it is I think is something quantifiable like mentioned above. Something that's documented. Not vague ethical complaints like "did ALV coach Jodi?" those are almost impossible to prove.

I agree. I think the in chambers that was part of today's hearing was the one with Samatha when she approached her - which I do think was dealt with and is a closed issue (except for the pain it left the family). I think ALV will be back tomorrow as I think the judge said something about the issue at 1 or 1:30. That is the new ALV issue, I bet. All just speculation.

On other news, Strawberry's dog did it - call nurmi!

Look inside the blue and green orb.
See a little white dog running on the grass with blue sky above? Black nose and eyes? LOL.
Nope. Don't see Jodi.

That's exactly what I see.

I do not believe this is accurate.

I don't know which attorney's said this, but there is a lot of mis-information floating around.

Jodi is the defendant and cannot be compelled to witness by the state.

can not be

I don't know the rules in the rebuttal portion of the trial, but in the Defense CIC, she was a witness, giving the State the right to cross examine.

I don't know what rules apply for this next part of the trial, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth